Melanie_Murray

Harlequin Blaze

How many of you are fans of the Harlequin Blaze line? I've recently been keeping up with these books, and thought I'd begin posting the monthly line-up. This Tuesday the April Blazes will be here; there's an installment from the Uniformly Hot! miniseries as well as a debut that Harlequin is really excited about from author Meg Maguire. See below for more details and check back in each month! Also, the Blaze authors contribute to a really great blog that's continuously updated with cool posts, book nuggets and more at www.blazeauthors.com.

Second Time Lucky  Mia Butterfield has just walked away from the lawyer life. No more late nights, no more dull contracts. And no more superhot-in-his-legal-briefs boss, David Pearson. But before she starts her new business with her friends, they decide to revisit Hawaii for a "Spring Break"…and all the sensual indulgences that come with it.

Only Mia never dreams just how hot it'll get under the Hawaiian sun…

David has followed her to the islands, and their serious lawyer sides appear to have gotten lost…along with most of their clothes! But even with a hot, delicious David at her side, Mia can't help wondering—how long will her lucky streak last?

Highly Charged!  Subject: Navy Lieutenant Brad Riddock, explosives expert.

Current Status: On leave…and on alert!

Mission: Getting mentally prepared for his next mission.

Obstacle: Getting Nikki Thornton out of his head…and into his bed.

All Professor Nikki Thornton wants is to fix up the home she's inherited from a friend. The place is run-down, and she's at her wit's end dealing with her friend's hostile relations. On the upside, she has a droolingly hot neighbor—whose late-night workouts offer seriously panty-vaporizing entertainment….

Explosives expert Navy Lieutenant Brad Riddock is on enforced R & R…but it's rapidly becoming more racy than restful! When Nikki receives threatening letters, Brad immediately offers his protection—his very personal protection. But his leave is soon over, and the threats to Nikki's safety are escalating. Will this volatile situation bring them together…before it tears them apart?

What Might Have Been  Can sex be better the second time around?

Ainsley Rutherford is about to find out. For the past eight years, she's desperately tried to forget her first love—sexy, reckless Luke Collier. Of course, working at his family's orchard isn't the best way to get over him. She knew he'd show up sooner or later. Still, who'd have guessed she'd fall so willingly into his arms—and his bed—again?

Luke had been dreading coming home to settle his grandfather's estate. But being with Ainsley again almost makes him forget why he left in the first place. The chemistry between them is as explosive as ever and the sex… Wow! In fact, he's even starting to rethink his future, giving Ainsley a prominent place in it. Can they really forget the past and make a brand-new start? It's a tempting thought.

Until he discovers what Ainsley was hiding all those years….

Long Slow Burn  Kim Horton is turning the Big 3-0 and needs to get her life together. Hopefully, eDating will cut through the chaff and find her the reasonable man of her reasonable dreams. Because lately, she's been distracted by her sexy roommate…and that's just trouble!

Nathan Alexander has something of a reputation for beer, girls and late, late nights. The funny thing is, he's been into his roommate Kim for years. Now he'll have to get Kim's attention, and keep it—one hot, burning night at a time…

She Who Dares, Wins  Well, it certainly wasn't the assignment detective Katie McClure was expecting. Traveling to London to protect an old scientist who'd been receiving death threats? Too easy.

As it turns out, Dr. Macon Douglas is hot. The kind that makes Katie ponder her own kinds of experiments—namely ones that involve Mac being naked. But the death threats are real…along with the wicked chemistry that seems to sizzle and zap whenever they're together. Can Katie keep her professional thoughts in mind and keep Mac safe—or will she risk everything and dare to be bare?

Caught on Camera  Wilderness survival television star Dominic Tyler (Ty) and his assistant Kate Somersby are stranded in a remote cabin during a freak winter storm. Things look pretty bleak—until they make a fire and strip off their wet clothes….

Act I—set up

Survive This! is Kate's life…as are unscripted fantasies about Ty, her boss and best friend. But when Kate is suddenly injured, Ty decides filming is too dangerous for her. This will be Kate's last adventure for a while.

Act II—plot point

Kate is furious and threatens to quit. But Ty needs her. So what can he do? Keep her occupied by filming every minute of their intense and definitely unrehearsed sex!

Act III—cliff-hanger

It's Kate's choice now: Her hard-won career? Or end credits featuring dangerously wild sex with Ty? Ha. Some choice. But either way, the final cut is guaranteed to be a thrilling ride!

Melanie_Murray

Re: Harlequin Blaze

I'm a Blaze convert!

This month, Blaze is celebrating its anniversary by giving a very special deal to its readers: all the original six authors have new books out now, and included is a bonus second book - the very first Blaze they ever wrote! There will be much more on this later in the month, including my thoughts on the books, but for now, here are links.

Hotshot  

Cowboys Like Us  

Extra Innings  

The Braddock Boys  

Too Hot to Touch  

Undeniable Pleasures  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Yay!!! I've been a fan of Blaze books for years! Too many favorites to list.

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY, BLAZE!

http://blazeauthors.com/blog/

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I posted my review of Jo Leigh's Hotshot  over at Heart-to-Heart. What a wonderful story, a brash Air Force Captain realizes the girl he unceremoniously dumped in college is the "one." So lovely when those hotshot heroes have to win back their ladies, eh? This one is very nicely down.

And I'm so happy that Jo Leigh herself lent these thoughts on the book and on Blaze's tenth:

It’s hard to believe it’s been ten years since I began writing for Harlequin Blaze.  Twenty something books later, it’s still a thrill and a challenge to write for the most innovative Harlequin line.  Over the years I’ve had the pleasure of writing comedy, suspense, mystery, urban fantasy and now a military romance.  That’s like winning the author lottery! 

I’m very pleased that HOTSHOT is part of the Anniversary celebration.  While I’m proud of all the books I’ve written for Blaze, I have to admit HOTSHOT is the one that continues to linger in my mind. Researching the world of the Air Force was illuminating as well as humbling. Luke and Sara came to life for me on the page and in my heart.

I can’t wait to see what new passionate love stories I’ll get to explore in the next ten years!  

Jo Leigh

New User
kimh29
0 Kudos

Re: Harlequin Blaze. jo leigh blog august 9th

hi

sorry i could not post on the blog by jo leigh, please, please accept this as the resposne to her blog on august 9th

i love blaze my favorite series of all time. happy 10th anny and many more. congrats on yur books so hot covers. cant wail for allthe week celabrattions

thanks for your time ladies, please help sent to rite blog, so sorry

kim h:

smileysurprised::smileyhappy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Here's a great 10th anniversary Blaze video, straight from Harlequin!

New User
kimh29
0 Kudos

Re: Harlequin Blaze. jo leigh blog august 9th

i love blazes whoo happy 10 anny whoo

Contributor
The-Ladies-Room
0 Kudos

Re: Harlequin Blaze - Vicki Lewis Thompson's Son's of Chance Series

I'm so loving this series.  Wonderful family related stories all taking place on The Last Chance Ranch.

Contributor
The-Ladies-Room
0 Kudos

I'm loving VT's Son's of Chance series.:smileyvery-happy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Blaze-a-thon continues with the excellent Julie Leto's Too Hot to Touch .

It had been a long time since I'd read a hero with a Spanish accent, and man does it do the trick. He could have read Lucienne Bonet the phone book and she/I would have fallen for him. But Alex Aguilar is more than an accent. He's an art expert in the middle of the job of his life: cataloging the exotic collection of his estranged father, a man as elusive in death as he was in life.

Julie Leto is part of hte Blaze 10th birthday bash, and included in the book with THTT is her very first Blaze story Exposed .

Here's what Julie has to say about Too Hot to Touch :

It all started with Rudolph Valentino.  

He’s tall, dark and mysterious. 

He has smoldering dark eyes.  His roots are old world, a cultural mix of untamed sensuality and strong, traditional mores.  Yes, this man will seduce you, but he’ll do it to the strains of a Spanish guitar, maybe after twirling you through the heated twists of a tantalizing tango—and once he’s done, he’ll die to protect you. It’s a powerful archetype: the Latin Lover.

Alejandro Aguilar, the hero of my latest book, TOO HOT TO TOUCH, embodies this same irresistible type of man.  Born in Spain to an American father who abandons him when he’s three years old, Alex grows up surrounded by his mother’s family in Madrid, where they drill into him the importance of honor.  He’s driven and intense, both in his business as an expert in objects d’art and as a lover.  And to top it off, he’s a descendent of the man who inspired the black-masked, sword-wielding bandit infamous in colonial California.  Alex doesn’t have it in him to do anything halfway—and this is both a blessing and a curse to poor, unsuspecting Lucy Burnett.  

She thinks she can pull the wool over Alex’s eyes long enough to steal his family signet ring and save her brother from dying in jail.  She thinks she can resist his super-sexy appeal and act with cold, calculating precision.  But around Alex, nothing is cold!  Clearly, Lucy hasn’t been paying enough attention to what happens to women who tangle with guys like him.

With a glance, they melt.

I loved writing Alejandro.  It not only gave me excuses to post pictures of Antonio Banderas all over my office, but it also gave me a chance to delve into the reasons why this kind of man is so compelling to women like me.  Dress him up in a cape and mask and you’ve got a guy who’ll make you swoon with one, well-timed querida, (tongue roll on the R not optional!)  Alex’s mask isn’t physical and he doesn’t don a cape, but I promise he’s just as sensual, just as daring, just as sexy as his infamous fictional forbearer!

Author
Tawny_Weber
0 Kudos

Jumping in super late to give a big Anniversary Whoohooo to Blaze!!! 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Breaking the Rules  

Riding the Waves (Harlequin Blaze #564)  

It Must Have Been the Mistletoe...  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Breaking the Rules  

Gotta love Blaze, it's romance on the sizzle burner :smileyhappy:

Author
Tawny_Weber
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Breaking the Rules  

Aww, thanks, Melanie!!!  I love those covers :-)  The art dept is so great with the sexy heroes, isn't it?! 

Author
Tawny_Weber
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Gotta love Blaze, it's romance on the sizzle burner :-)

LOL - I love that!  What a perfect description. Blaze is definitely sizzling.  I love how hot the stories are for sure, but I think I was hooked on the line for the heroes (so sexy and strong) and how incredible they are at falling in love with strong heroines.  I always feel empowered after reading a Blaze. 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Tawny_Weber wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Gotta love Blaze, it's romance on the sizzle burner :-)

LOL - I love that!  What a perfect description. Blaze is definitely sizzling.  I love how hot the stories are for sure, but I think I was hooked on the line for the heroes (so sexy and strong) and how incredible they are at falling in love with strong heroines.  I always feel empowered after reading a Blaze. 

Thanks Tawny, right now I review HQN Presents for RT, hmmm, maybe when the Blaze line comes up again I'll have to take it on. :smileyhappy: