Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Heather-Webber

Hello From "Truly, Madly" author, Heather Webber

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Sometimes being a writer means being fearless. Since I'm afraid of, among other things, unidentifiable lint balls, marshmallow fluff, and credit card bills, being fearless requires quite a leap of faith.

Truly, Madly has been my biggest leap. It's the result of finally deciding that instead of having to choose between the romance and mystery genres that I could blend both. And while I was at it, I could also explore a lifelong fascination with psychics as well-if I was going to leap, it would be with both feet, eyes wide open.

I'm so glad I did. Lucy Valentine is one of those characters that slips into your heart and settles in for a long stay. As the black sheep of a wacky psychic matchmaking family, she struggles to find her place in the world. That is until she takes her own leap and realizes her unique ability of finding lost objects might be more helpful that she thought.

Maybe she can find that lost little boy. Maybe she can reunite a pair of long lost lovers. Maybe she can catch a killer. And while she's at it, maybe she can catch the man of her dreams, too. If only she didn't have that pesky family curse to deal with...

I hope you'll take a bit of a leap along with me, and that you'll come to love Lucy as much as I do.

Wishing you my best,

Heather Webber

Editor's Note: Heather will be rejoining us the week of December 14th for our discussion of Truly, Madly.

Writing as Heather Webber:
ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY ~ February 2011
Writing as Heather Blake:
IT TAKES A WITCH ~ January 2012
My blog: www.booksbyheather.net
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Re: Hello From "Truly, Madly" author, Heather Webber

Hi Heather, nice to meet you!  I received this book last week and am really looking forward to reading it, trying to wait a little because I don't want to finish it too soon!

It's nice to meet you and I am looking forward to discussing this book with you!

Gail

"Open a book and the world is yours"
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Heather, thank you for sharing your baby with us. I can't wait to start the discussions. I'm still waiting for the book.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Heather - AnneB here - Thanks for sharing Lucy with us - she slipped into my heart too...I've finished the book, but other than saying that I really liked it and can't wait for the next one, I'll wait until the discussion begins in December.

In the meantime, keep writing !

Anne

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Hello Heather,  And I'm another one of those waiting for my copy of the book and am really looking forward to reading Lucy's story sje sounds so intriguingg.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Hi Gail! I like to save certain books, too, so I don't rush through them. Sometimes, though, it can't be helped! I hope you enjoy Truly, Madly!

Debbie & Toni, I hope the book arrives soon! I can't wait to talk to everyone about it.

AnneB, I'm SO HAPPY that you liked the book! It's very cool to be getting early feedback on it. The second book, Deeply, Desperately, will be out in August--so not too long to wait--and I'm working on the third one now.
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Contributor
kshipp_08
0 Kudos

Hello Heather,

I have just recived my book today and I am really excited to start reading it. :smileyhappy:

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Oh! So happy it arrived. And I really hope you enjoy it.

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hello, Heather! It is so nice to meet you. I always love reading the letters from author's because I get a different glimpse of the book. Thank you for the opportunity to read your book. I have started it and am enjoying it. :smileywink:

Heather-Webber wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sometimes being a writer means being fearless. Since I'm afraid of, among other things, unidentifiable lint balls, marshmallow fluff, and credit card bills, being fearless requires quite a leap of faith.

Truly, Madly has been my biggest leap. It's the result of finally deciding that instead of having to choose between the romance and mystery genres that I could blend both. And while I was at it, I could also explore a lifelong fascination with psychics as well-if I was going to leap, it would be with both feet, eyes wide open.

I'm so glad I did. Lucy Valentine is one of those characters that slips into your heart and settles in for a long stay. As the black sheep of a wacky psychic matchmaking family, she struggles to find her place in the world. That is until she takes her own leap and realizes her unique ability of finding lost objects might be more helpful that she thought.

Maybe she can find that lost little boy. Maybe she can reunite a pair of long lost lovers. Maybe she can catch a killer. And while she's at it, maybe she can catch the man of her dreams, too. If only she didn't have that pesky family curse to deal with...

I hope you'll take a bit of a leap along with me, and that you'll come to love Lucy as much as I do.

Wishing you my best,

Heather Webber

Editor's Note: Heather will be rejoining us the week of December 14th for our discussion of Truly, Madly.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Heather - Great to see you here!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome and hello, Heather! I am so excited to be able to moderate the discussion of Truly, Madly! I have my copy right here on my desk, and can't wait to read it!

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome Heather! Thanks so much for the opportunity to read your book! I got mine today and I can't wait to start reading. I look forward to our discussions in December, so until then, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

April
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Thanks for sharing your book with us.  My copy arrived a few days ago but I have not started reading, my child is having orthodontic work this week and I am saving the book for the waiting room.

Love the cover!

Contributor
TamCG
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

I received your book late last week and just read it this weekend - it was great!  I have read mostly YA but when I saw what the book was about I was VERY interested.  I totally enjoyed the combo of the romance and mystery and found myself playing Sherlock Holmes right along with Lucy.  I don't want to give anything away so I must stop typing NOW.  Can't wait to discuss in December! 

Thanks ~ Tammy 

Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Hi Heather.  Thanks for sharing your book with us.  I received mine today and it seems like it's going to be a delightful read.

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Hi Donna, so glad you're enjoying Truly, Madly. I really loved writing it and I'm hoping that shows!

Hey Becke! I was hoping I'd see you over here. Are you feeling better yet? That flu is just knock-down, drag-out!

Melanie, I can't wait for the discussion! I'm really curious about what people will say about it. It's kind of, er, different. :smileyhappy:

April, thanks for the welcome. This board is wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

JabrkeKB, I love the cover too! It's gone through a couple of different variations, all fabulous so I was one happy author! And I have two teens in braces, so I know all about the waiting room reading!

Thank you, Tammy!!! I'm really happy that you liked TM! Can't wait for December to hear all the little details!

Hi Ebony Angel! I'm so excited that everyone's receiving their books. I'm going to have to reread my copy before December, too, so it will all be fresh in my head. I'm currently working on the third Lucy Valentine, so it's been a while since the first one... 
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hearts Are Wild

Secrets of the Heart

Trouble in Spades

Weeding Out Trouble

Trouble in Bloom

Digging Up Trouble

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Hello Heather and welcome.  I received my book this past Friday.  I have not started it yet because I want to wait until a little closer to the start of the discussion.  I am excited about reading this book and I am looking forward to discussing it with you and the group.  Romance plus mystery!  Sounds like a very interesting combination!  :smileyhappy:  Thanks for sharing this with us. 

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Hi Heather! Welcome to the group.

I have my book, I will start the book a little closer to the start of the discussion.

I am really glad to see there is a sequel.

That is always a plus when you start a book and know there is more books on the way.

pen21

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting those covers, Becke! Surrender, Secrets, and Hearts are Wild are historical romances (a trilogy) with a touch of mystery. The other five are cozy mysteries with a touch of romance. I finally decided that maybe, just maybe, I should be writing romantic mysteries. Took me long enough to figure that one out, eh?

Libralady and pen21, I hope you enjoy the book. I'm really looking forward to the discussion. Thanks for the welcome, too!
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com