Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Miss_Scarlett_
0 Kudos

Re: Hello From "Truly, Madly" author, Heather Webber

I just finished the book, and it was fantastic.  I couldn't put it down!

Inspired Contributor
tweezle
0 Kudos

Hello Heather! It's so nice to finally "meet" you. I have been savoring your book and taking it slow to enjoy the characters and storyline. I adore LucyD! I can't wait for the discussion, and while I'm waiting, I'm going to have to check into your other books.

Thank you so much for the privilege of being part of this sneak preview!

~Theresa

“Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.” - Mason Cooley
**3 NOOKS with 3 separate accounts in one household.**
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

Hello Heather,

I received my copy a few days ago and will probably begin it this weekend (I am finishing another book at the moment). I read the sample chapter online and I think it is going to be an enjoyable read. Whenever I join one of these First Look discussions I try to read slowly so I don't get too far ahead and then I am reluctant to post for fear of spoiling it for someone...not sure if I will be able to control myself this time though! I think that the shorter timeline of this "Sneak Peak" might suit me better since I tend to devour a book all at once. I am looking forward to discussing this one with you and all of the other members:smileyhappy:

Paula

PB684
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi Heather, I received my book today, although I don't allow myself to open the package until a couple of days before we start.  I look forward to reading Truly, Madly, from the description, Lucy sounds like she would be a great continuing character series. 

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Miss Scarlett and Theresa, you both just made my morning! Thank you, thank you! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the book, and I'm looking forward to December when we can talk more about it!

Hi Paula, I'm always afraid of spoilers too--giving them away as a reader and seeing them given away as an author. One review of A Hoe Lot of Trouble spoiled the whole twist ending! Not that I'm still bitter. :smileywink: I hope you like Truly, Madly!

Hi Tarri! It's been fun seeing Lucy grow through the series not only personally with her friends and family but also how she adapts to using her abilities on a regular basis. Thanks for saying hi & I'll see you in December!
Writing as Heather Webber:
ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY ~ February 2011
Writing as Heather Blake:
IT TAKES A WITCH ~ January 2012
My blog: www.booksbyheather.net
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

I'm finishing up another book now but plan to start Truly, Madly in a couple of days.  It sounds like it will be quite the treat to read.  I look forward to a fun discussion with you and all the members.

Bonnie

Reader-Moderator
liisa22

[ Edited ]

Hi Heather!  and welcome!  So glad that you have shared with us! I have already read Truly, Madly, and have to say I enjoyed it!   It was interesting reading about a place I grew up very close to! ( one of the 2 counties mentioned! ) 

Thanks for the fun read and can't wait to 'talk' to you soon!

Lisa

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi Heather

I'm very excited by the mystery/romance turn you've decided to take. I've started to read the book and I love the Lucy Valentine character. She's quirky and fun, I can't wait to get into the mystery. Mysterys are my favorite and combined with romance is even better.  I can tell I'm going to enjoy this book just from the pages I've read and I'm thankful for another writer combining the genres.

Looking forward to "meeting" you

Karen

ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Hello Heather,

I was delighted to come home and find my copy of Truly, Madly last week. I found myself deeply engrained in it this past weekend - I just could not put it down!! I loved every word of it!  I am looking forward to the next installment of Lucy D's adventures. Thank you for letting us know that there will, indeed, be more!

Claudia

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Contributor
kshipp_08
0 Kudos

I just finished Truly, Madly and it was amazing!  I couldn't seem to put it down.  I'm just bummed that I have to wait so long for Deeply, Desperately to come out.

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnie! I'm really looking forward to the 14th when we can all talk about the book. I hope you enjoy it!

Lisa, thank you! I grew up in Weymouth, so writing this book was like going home. Though I can only keep dreaming of living on Atlantic Ave!

Thank you so much, Karen. I just put the finishing touches on a Lucy Valentine short story (not sure of a pub date yet) and that was a lot of fun too. Takes place when she's 14, when she can still see auras. And she's just as quirky and fun back then!

Hi Claudia! So glad you liked the book. I have to say this group is great for warm and fuzzies!

Kshipp_08, thank you, thank you! Deeply will be out in August--that's not so bad, right? I know, it's hard to wait. For me, too. I'm sure I'll have the first chap up on my website a couple of months in advance, though. Nothing like a tease to see you through!
Writing as Heather Webber:
ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY ~ February 2011
Writing as Heather Blake:
IT TAKES A WITCH ~ January 2012
My blog: www.booksbyheather.net
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Hi Heather, nice to meet you!  I starting reading the book yesterday and am really enjoying it.  I love Lucy!  The book is a nice blend of romance and mystery.  I am up to the 4th chapter and am trying to read a few chapters each day instead of rushing through to the ending.

Looking forward to discussing the book next week!

Carolyn

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Hi Heather.  I'm looking forward to the discussion of  Truly, Madly.  About half way into the book and enjoying each scene.  Talk to you soon!

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wanted to add my two cents. I began the book almost immediately after receiving it and read it from cover to cover on my drive up to NY from FL, for the Thanksgiving holiday. (My husband was driving when I was reading.:smileyhappy:) It has been awhile since I read this kind of a book and I have to say it was an absolutely delightful read. I am looking forward to the discussion.

TWJ

Inspired Contributor
1lovealways
0 Kudos

Hello to you too Heather! 

I'm enjoying your book immensley.  I'm almost finished and look forward to discussing it.  Thanks for a wonderful read!:smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Nice to meet you.  I am looking forward to Dec. 6 so I can read the questions and get in the "Truly, Madly" mode of thinking.   I know already that the discussion is going to be a lot of fun.  I finished Truly, Madly before Thanksgiving (I took lots of notes) and thought it was just a delightful book.  I already have my favorite character and can't wait to write about it.  My list of questions has already been started. 

Inspired Contributor
BooksRPam
0 Kudos

Hi, Heather.  I started your book last night and am into the fourth chapter today.  Darn, I actually had to work today and couldn't read all day as I would have liked.  :smileysad:  Anyway, you had me at chapter 2.  Can't wait to see how this story plays out.  Thanks for letting us read it ahead of the world!

Pam
Frequent Contributor
EiLvReedn
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loved your book. I'd rate it up there with Nora Roberts romance. (that is a compliment).I am now going to have a hard time waiting for the next Lucy Valentine story. Keep up the good work or writing or well you know what I mean. 

Kim

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

Hi Heather-

I also lOved your book, Truly,Madly! It was so fun and I read it while out sick from work. It really made my day in an otherwise not fun time with the flu,lol.

I can't wait for the next in the series though I know I'll really have to seeing as this is the advanced copy:robotsurprised:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Frequent Contributor
jbg78
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed the book. It was a nice mix of mystery and romance.  It also made me laugh!

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~Chinese Proverb~