Inspired Contributor
blueyedirishgrl
0 Kudos

Re: Hello From "Truly, Madly" author, Heather Webber

Received my advance copy of "Truly, Madly" a few weeks ago and finished it in day.  It was a light, fun read and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out!!

Contributor
tempestuous9
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

I wish I could say that I was one of the readers whose posted saying they haven't started it because then I would be more surpised by the discussions, but to tell you the truth I started it and couldn't put it down.  I absolutely love Lucy and her wacky Grandma.  I can't wait for the next book.  Looking forward to the upcoming discussions!

Frequent Contributor
kboston
0 Kudos

I truly enjoyed the book! I usually read a few books at a time if one of them cannot hold my attention long enough, but I couldn't put this book down.  It had the right amount of romance, intrigue and suspense.  I can't wait to read your next book!

Contributor
Buffie24
0 Kudos

Hi Heather!

I would like to say, that when I signed up for the advanced reading of your book, I did not know what to expect when it arrived.  But once I started reading your book, I could not put it down!!

There was just the right amount of intrigue and suspense, with a splash of romance.  The chemistry between Lucy and Sean was great.

Thank you so much and cannot wait for your next book!

:smileyhappy:

Buffie

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Heather, I finished the book and have commented on all the threads but I had to scoot over here and let you know that I Truly Madly LOVED this book!!!

Wow now all I have to do is wait (im)patiently for Deeply, Desperately. And I hope that when this one and the next one comes out you'll come back and talk to us again.

Thanks

Contributor
laurajzzz
0 Kudos

Well I am a late starter to reading this book,   I just started it yesterday and I am about half way thru. Loving what I am reading so far,   really like Lucy and Sean.

I have read lots of different type of romances throughout the years and I have come to really enjoy the combination of romance and mystery in a book.    Can't wait to finish and join in the discussions.

Laura

Frequent Contributor
Bedelia
0 Kudos

Thank you, Heather, for a great read.  I really liked the book and I didn't expect to like it really.  I've not read any of your books before, but now I'm looking forward to reading more of your wonderful novels.  I loved that it contained a lot of mystery in the plot line.  I mostly read mystery books.  Thanks again!!

Contributor
Linds84

Hi, Heather! I'm loving the book. I absolutely adore Lucy. I noticed that there's a quote from Charlaine Harris on the cover about the book, and I thought that was perfect. After the first chapter, I was thinking Lucy and Sookie would make excellent friends. =)

Can't wait for the discussion!

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Thank you all for such wonderful comments! They mean so much to me.

Imagineme: There's a general discussion going on now along with a place to discuss the supernatural and a place to post reviews--you can find the threads on the Romantic Reads board, but the discussion with me starts next week, on the 14th. I'm really looking forward to it!

Writing as Heather Webber:
ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY ~ February 2011
Writing as Heather Blake:
IT TAKES A WITCH ~ January 2012
My blog: www.booksbyheather.net
www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Heather..Been working,so I haven't much time to discuss.Love your website,lots of good info...I will save questions for you next week,but I do have one,Is Lucy really an only child? if not,then I will wait for your next book(s)..DD,and beyound....I also like your detail to fashion..Best   VTC Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy, I'm going to have to plead the 5th. :smileywink:  So glad you love the details--lots of research!

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Frequent Contributor
ethel55
0 Kudos

Welcome Heather!

I was so excited to be a part of this Sneak Peek!  I truly enjoyed Truly, Madly--the characters, the story and the tidbit at the end from the next one, Deeply, Desperately!  I'm glad the story doesn't truly end here--I loved Lucy! 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Heather-Webber wrote:

Vermontcozy, I'm going to have to plead the 5th. :smileywink:  So glad you love the details--lots of research!

I can accept that...now we are all wondering..When I saw your pic on your website,you certainly didn't look Fashion Challenged,so I am sure your research was easy..Your contest giveaway is beautiful....and then there is Suz?We are chock full of questions,as you can imagine..But of course we will wait patiently for "Deeply Desperately"Have a Good Weekend..Susan

Contributor
ImagineMe
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. I'm so excited to talk abou this wonderful book!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,I am sure that you can tell by our posts that we are really ready to discuss..Looking forward to the 14th.I was just wondering if you plan to be on twitter.I can't seem to locate you,unless its under another acct.Would love to have you on twitter!!  Best to you,Susan,Vtc

Frequent Contributor
mediamissy
0 Kudos

Heather,

I just finished reading Truly, Madly.  The book was great!  I loved reading it.  It was a new kind of read for me and I enjoyed it so much.  I look forward to discussing the book.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

We've been spoiled the first week of Sneak Peak with visits from Heather Webber. But now I'd like to officially welcome her to the book clubs, and kick off our discussion with some questions.

Everybody, please feel free to jump in with questions about the book!

When did you know you wanted to be a writer, Heather? And did you ever contemplate doing something different?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,Just posted my review.I am so glad I had the chance to discover you,thanks to BN,Melanie.I have a few questions,will wait till later on today to hop back on,during or after work.I am curious though..You seem to know the Boston Area so well,did you spend time there,or in the New England area? Love Dovie,she is such an essential part of the book..Will we learn a bit more about "Where in The World is Suz?".It's really bugging me. .Be back later on..Vtc  Susan 

Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

When did you know you wanted to be  a writer?

I'm one of the rare authors who didn't grow up wanting to write. I wanted to be a medical examiner. I know, I know. But I absolutely loved the TV show Quincy, ME, and thought that's what I wanted. Turned out it was the mystery part of the show I loved best, though I'm still fascinated with MEs. Does anyone else watch Dr. G?

I was 25 with three little ones at home with me when I woke up one morning with a story in my head. I kept telling my husband that it would be a great movie. Then I thought about it some more and said it would be a better book. He said, "You should write it." Those words changed my life because I was naive enough about the publishing industry to actually try. That particular story now resides in a 4" binder in my closet, but it led to learning more about the craft of writing (an ongoing process) and  writing some short stories that won contests and were published. Those led to me writing longer fiction again. I started with historical romance (my first published books) and then mysteries and now romantic mysteries.

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com
Author
Heather-Webber
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

I was just wondering if you plan to be on twitter.

I don't think Twitter is in my future! I am on Facebook and Goodreads, though I'm still learning my way around Goodreads.

www.cozychicksblog.com
www.killercharacters.com
www.thenakedhero.com