Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
candisy
0 Kudos

I need help finding a new series

I have never been a reader until now. I just finished the Twilight series and I loved it. I also found that reading at the end of the night was so good. I have 3 kids and I have never found such a stress reliever. My problem is I cannot find another series that is anything like it. I loved the romance and the fantasy battle scenes. I want a series of books that don't stop immediately after the battle. In twilight it went on to explain how their life was after and it really helped me tie the books together. If anyone have any suggestion please let me know. I really want my nights of MYTIME back.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: I need help finding a new series

Candisy,

I think that you would enjoy JR Ward's Black Brotherhood series that starts with Dark Lover.  Don't expect it to be exactly like the Twilight series but it is very good.  Something else that is good but not anything like Twilight is Jackie Kessler's Hell ON Earth series that starts with Hell's Belles.  Eileen Wilk's has a good series that starts with Tempting Danger.  Just a few suggestions that I can give.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
leighvmewithmyimagination
0 Kudos

I know that this may not be what you're looking for but.....

Try reading One for the Money by Janet Evanovich.  It's the Stephanie Plum series.  Mystery books about a clumsy bounty hunter and her crushes and her busts. 

I read the first one and now I'm hooked.  It was funny and suspenseful!  I actually laugh out loud in quiet places when I read these books.  You get it all:  romance, excitement, thrills, suspense, action.....they're excellent

ReneeVincent
0 Kudos

Well if it's "series books" you are looking for, Nora Roberts is good for that.  I especially liked her Born In Trilogy:  Born In Fire, Born In Ice, and Born in Shame.  It takes place in Ireland which is one of my favorite places, and Nora does a fantastic job of describing the landscapes and beauty of the Emrald Isle.  I read those three very quickly.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I like Suzanne Brockmann's series books, too.
Contributor
Sophie_Rose
0 Kudos

I did not read the twilight series, so I don't know exactly what it is like, but the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is great.  I love to read about the same characters book after book. There is plenty of romance and adventure, and like you said- it's nice to see what happens to the characters next.  I got the whole series (so far at least...there is more to come) for a christmas gift one year and it was one of the best gifts I've ever recieved.  They are my favorite books ever.
New User
candisy
0 Kudos

I just got done with the J.R. Wards Brotherhood series. God that was great. Thank You!
New User
Read2Liv
0 Kudos

Congrats on Reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. I've read them and I know that they are great.  A new one entitled Lover Avenged will be out in April of this year.  If you have not read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter books I highly recommend them. Her website gives you the order to read them in if you're like me and don't want to begin in the middle of a series or ,God forbid, the end.  Try reading them all the way through Acheron and let me know what you think.  Nora Roberts has a good series that incorporates the paranormal in the Sign of Seven trilogy.

Happy reading!

candisy wrote:
I just got done with the J.R. Wards Brotherhood series. God that was great. Thank You!

Contributor
alexandrask
0 Kudos

I have not read the Twilight series, but I just finished Cindy Gerard's "Take No Prisoners" and I could hardly put it down.  The next book in this black op series just came out this month, Whisper No Lies. I can't wait to read it.  The first book in the series was Show No Mercy and that was also very good. 
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I have Show No Mercy in my TBR pile. My house looks more like a bookstore than a bookstore does, right now.
New User
BookwormBB
0 Kudos

I haven't read the Twilight series but you might enjoy the Dark Series by Christine Feehan.  The first book is Dark Prince.  I just finished the fourth book.  Great!
Contributor
In_Love_With_Acheron
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Over the summer i read The Twilight saga and reread them a couple of times i found them so good. Then my friend got me into the Black dagger brotherhood and from that point i was hooked on paranormal romance! If your looking for another series about Vampires i'd recommend a series by Kerrelyn Sparks called The Love at Stake Series it consist of 5 books or theres another of my favorites by Lara Adrian called the Midnight Breed Series which has 5 books as well. My all time favorite paranormal series is The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon it has vampires and alot of other Paranormal creatures. Hope I helped a little bit.

~Kate

Message Edited by In_Love_With_Acheron on 01-11-2009 07:18 AM
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Check out the Paranormal thread here, too.  Brace yourself, though:  that board is crazy busy!
Contributor
Valorie35
0 Kudos

I loved the J.R. Ward series too! Anything Sherrilyn Kenyon or Christine Feehan writes is great! I also really enjoy Lynn Viehl's series about the Darkyn, I think you would enjoy those as well.
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

Hi Im Krista I Have a one year old and I know how you feel and I just started reading as well and the first book I started reading was Twilight how funny. Well I just finished The first two books of Poison Study and I loved them. Im waiting for the thrid book to be sent to me now (Fire study) and I cant wait!!

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
New User
candisy
0 Kudos

I just got done reading the first book by Eileen Wilks, Tempting Danger. The first part was kinda slow but when it finally picket up it was a good book. I can't waot tp start the next one.
New User
NancBelle
0 Kudos

Hello

I just started the Twilight Series. I don't want to see the movie until I read the book.

If you like Twilight you will like the series by Nora Roberts called Circle Trilogy.(It is about vampires and traveling back in time) If you go to her web site you can see the order of the books. I read most of her series books. Currently I'm waiting for the 3rd book in the Sign of the Seven trilogy.

New User
vampiredoll
0 Kudos

I read the Twight series it was great. If you liked that one try The Argeneau series by Lynsay sands and The Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks.  
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I don't think anyone has mentioned Virginia Kantra's Selkie series.  I love those -- can hardly wait for the next one to come out!
New User
Romancia
0 Kudos

Welcome to the world of Paranormal Romance my first start was with Christeena Feehan "Dark Series"  if you love your men characters in control and protective of their women. I then moved onto Sherrilyn Kenyon...I loove her Story backgrounds, with the Dark Hunter, if I were you I would start with Fantasy Lover and move up from their. Great action parts not as heavy on the love scenes but the way she writes you can't help but pick up her other books back to back, you love her character.

Yep! I then went onto JR Ward. Hot! Hot! Scenes with men that curl your toes. I'm itching for more JRWard, one of my top favorties.

But the MUST have author is Lora Leigh ALL her books, where the men are MEN, hot, steammy, yummy, dominant, sensitive who know how to love their WOMEN. Even better are the women characters, ou will see no softwomen here who can't rescue themselves, lots of actions scenes and her love scenes are 'intense'. Words like Barb will soon have your heartbeat coming out of your throat...I LOVE LORA LEIGH she is my favorite author. Try the "The Breed" Chronology. Also her Elite Ops contemporary also of the chain. You want a hot steamy novel that gets every part of your body bursting with emotional excitement and a few other things too...lol.

If you can handle that I "dare" you to get ANY Lora Leigh Novels. Infact I "double dare" you! :-) I can recommend a book if you want. Phew! know I've got to go re-read Lora Leigh's. She does have books you can read out of order but I would start with Megan's Mark and head there. Let me know how you felt..about the book...I know what you think about it.