Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Emee
0 Kudos

I need some help finding a book that I can't remember the name of

Hello! I was hoping someone can help me find the title of a book that I can't remember.  I read the story online in spanish and I don't remember the title and the name's were changed in the story by the person who posted it.

The story is a Historical Romance about a English girl(I think) that has to marry a man she doesn't know and has never met before her wedding day.  After the marrige the girl (the heroine of the story) travels with her new husband and his men to her new home.  On the way she finds a fox, which she keeps as a pet!  When she get's to her husbands home she meets a little girl who is her husbands niece and the girls mother(who hates the heroine)was married to the heroine's husband older brother that died.  The widow hates the girl because she wanted to marry her dead husand's  brother.  The little girl and the heroine become friends.  And the hero of the story(her husband) also lives with his father who really likes his new daughter-in-law.  At some point in the story the fox gets lost and the hero of the story goes looking for him, finds him and brings it back to his wife.

That is all I can remember, I know that the widow(the hero's sister in law) is really mean and really really hates the heroine. And the pet fox was very attached to the heroine. Does this story line ring any bells to anyone?  I've been trying to remember the title or the author for monthes and can't remember anything.

I was hoping someone can help me...:smileyhappy:

New User
AppleRush
0 Kudos

Re: I need some help finding a book that I can't remember the name of

I read this book probably about 13 years ago. If you ever actually find out the title or remember can you please let me know?I
Contributor
Yu_For_Romance
0 Kudos

I honestly don't know if this will help you but Allreaders.com has a detailed book search engine. You can look a book up by plot lines or character aspect, that sort of thing.

If they don't have the book in their data base, or if the search engine cant search what you want, it might not help you at all, but that was the first solution I could think of since I've never heard of that book.  

Good luck!  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

A link to this question is going around on Twitter, so maybe someone will see it and respond.
Contributor
Emee
0 Kudos

if i find out the name of the book i will gladly let you know!:smileyhappy:

New User
AppleRush
0 Kudos

has anyone ever found out the novel of this book? I've been looking for a couple years now and still haven't found out the name of it.

Contributor
Emee
0 Kudos

No, I've been looking for the book for years too, but I still haven't found it. I've even considered writing to some historical romance authors and book publishers to see if they've heard of it..if I ever find it I promise you'll be the first to know!
becke_davis
0 Kudos