dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #1: BARELY A LADY by Eileen Dreyer

I just ordered BAL, now the waiting really begins.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I loved the excerpt of With a Vengeance on your website. Just bought myself a copy today - thanks!

This book was REALLY good!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Just started today, and about halfway through. I love it!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

i'm so glad this one's striking a chord with you guys! Becke, what did you like about it? And will you read the next two?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

i'm so glad this one's striking a chord with you guys! Becke, what did you like about it? And will you read the next two?

With a Vengeance 
 First, I read an excerpt of of this book on Eileen's website and I loved the flow of the words.

When I started reading the book, it grabbed me right away. I reached one part and started worrying about the ending, but I still couldn't put it down. The last scene is brilliantly written, although emotionally draining to read. I don't want to give anything away, but the theme will resonate with a lot of people.

Author
Eileen_Dreyer08
0 Kudos

Lady Kate first appeared to me putting her quizzing glass to her eye and saying, "I'm practicing to be the fiercest dowager duchess in the ton. After I perfect the art of terrorizing children with my quizzing glass, I intend to purchase a gold-tipped walking stick and weild it like a saber. Debs will flee in terror. Handsome young men will kneel at my feet. I will tittilate salons across London with tales of my lovers and reminisce fondly of my many adventures." From there it was a short trip to the Kate who has shown up on the page.

The best part for me is that she is not who everybody thinks she is. And I'm the only one(except for my critique partner and my editor) (well, if you're going to be technical about it, and Lady Bea),who knows why. And how she became the woman she is today.

And yes, she will get her own book. EVER THE TEMPTRESS, which I'm working on now. I truly hope I do the character in my head justice.