Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

Here's a little rundown on the characters in TEMPTATION ON ICE (The Bodyguard) to wet your appitite. You can read an excerpt on my site cherryadair.com

I didn’t give Sebastian any wizard powers in EDGE OF DANGER, but I didn’t say he didn’t have other powers. Lol  He has to ability to become a chameleon. He can completely blend with his surrounding which makes him all but invisible.

Michaela Giese is a nuclear physicist, an experimentalist, into designing and constructing experiments that lead to observation and tests of theoretical prediction. (yeah – I don’t understand it either!! Lol)

New User
WulfLuva
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

If you were the heroine in your own story, how would you react to the sexy men?

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Hi Gena, Cherry and Lorie!

I'm very excited that you're all here today - all three of you are authors whose books are on my keeper shelf. 

Cherry - I started with the book Out of Sight and haven't stopped reading your books since.

Lorie - my first encounter with your work was Blue Moon in the anthology in Things That Go Bump in the Night.

Gena - my first Showater book was Savior Me Slowly - and I also had the good fortune of meeting you at this years BEA - I was in fan mode and left extremely happy!

I have a question for all three of you: I'm wondering if you approach your novellas for an anthology differently then you approach a single title. Do you factor in who the other authors will be? Are you given a 'mission statement' or guidelines? Do you correspond with each other before you begin writing? 

Forgive all the questions - but I'm always curious about the 'behind the scenes' - the writing process fascinates me.

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Thanks. I adore my website I tell you this with no humility or shame. If no one else in the Universe ever saw it, I'd still love it. lol  Every now and then my husband (hearing the music turned up on my site) yelles downstairs "Don't you have a book to write!!" lol I figure I paid for it, I have the right to be enormously entertained by it whenever I like. The fact that other peopke enjoy it just as much as I do makes it even sweeter. :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 2
Angi79
0 Kudos

What is your favorite and least favorite part of the writing process?

And I'm curious : What would you be if not a writter? Wizard doesn't count. :smileyvery-happy:

"Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." (Zarek)
Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

I was invited to join Cherry and Gena in the anthology by the publisher. I was in another anthology put out by St Martins also and my editor thought it would be a good idea for more readers to 'discover' me if I were included in this anthology, too.

So if you want to 'discover' me :womanwink: you can click here to check out all my werewolf and romantic suspense books I've written so far.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cherry-Adair wrote:

Thanks. I adore my website I tell you this with no humility or shame. If no one else in the Universe ever saw it, I'd still love it. lol  Every now and then my husband (hearing the music turned up on my site) yelles downstairs "Don't you have a book to write!!" lol I figure I paid for it, I have the right to be enormously entertained by it whenever I like. The fact that other peopke enjoy it just as much as I do makes it even sweeter. :smileyvery-happy:

That's so funny. I love this site. The music - it's like a movie soundtrack!

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

~If you were the heroine in your own story, how would you react to the sexy men?~

I'd probably melt.  And be the easiest conquest of his fictitious life. :smileyhappy:  

Learn more about the Lords of the Underworld Series.
Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Hi Marisa - great question. I write a short story the same way I do a novel. It's just a shorter format, so there has to be less going on, and of course everything happens faster.

We noodled the 'what' of it for a little bit, and agreed on a 'bodyguard' theme. We knew it was paranormal. That was it. From there we were on our own.

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

~I'm wondering if you approach your novellas for an anthology differently then you approach a single title. Do you factor in who the other authors will be? Are you given a 'mission statement' or guidelines? Do you correspond with each other before you begin writing?~

I approach the novellas and the single titles the same way.  With the grain of an idea, I just sit down and start writing, letting the characters dictate what happens.  

No mission statement or guidelines, really, but it sure is fun to be in a book with authors you love!

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

~What is your favorite and least favorite part of the writing process?  And I'm curious : What would you be if not a writter? Wizard doesn't count.~

Favorite -- holding the finished product in my hands :smileyhappy:  I love seeing the end result of the blood, sweet, and tears.

Least favorite -- my OCD.  Once I start, I can think of nothing else.  

If I wasn't a writer, I would be a weeping ball of misery.

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

My worst part of wtiting is the first draft. It takes me f-o-r-e-v-e-r. To say I hate the first draft is an understatement. Sometimes it's so loathsome I have to set my timer in five minute increments to force muself to stay at my computer!! Ugh!

The best part is the polishing and texturing. Layering in all the fun stuff, making the characters 3-D and forming them into real people. When I'm in this maic stage wild horses can't drag me away from my computer. I don't sleep, and I forget to eat (and KNOW!!! lol) To me, this stage of writing is pure bliss.

Of course the other best part of writing is typing THE END. <g>

If I wasn't a writer I'd still be an interior designer. That was the 2nd best job in the world. <g>

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

My favorite hero from my own books? Well I absolutely adore the Kings. Father and sons...Greg King, the father, who could be a professional wrestler the way he is built, but who loves his lady so much he crumbles inside when he fears he's lost her. Marc and Jake King are also incredible men. All three are such awesome bounty hunters. They taught me about the line of work instead of the other way around. Play Dirty, is the first bounty hunter book.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I can't believe how quickly the time goes...Thank you all for stopping by!

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Thanks for having me, this was fun. If anyone has more questions feel free to write to me at cherryadair3@msn.com. I;d love to hear from you.

And if anyone would like a THE BODYGUARD/BLACK MAGIC book mark or a personalized bookplate - please send a self addressed, stamped envelope to me at Cherry Adair BOOKMARKS P.O.Box 8591 Covington, Wa 98042

Cheers

Cherry