Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

And the mind boggles at how quickly he could teleport us from the boardroom to the bedroom. Teleporting figures a lot in some of my fantasies - of course having a wizard instantly clean the house and do the laundry has a lot of appeal. It doesn't have to be an instant trip from Seattle to Paris. :smileywink: 

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

There's a (improbable but fun) love scene in OUT OF SIGHT that involves camels.

New User
birch5
0 Kudos

OK, I am for werewolves - it seems I have a thing about them lately :smileyhappy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cherry-Adair wrote:

And the mind boggles at how quickly he could teleport us from the boardroom to the bedroom. Teleporting figures a lot in some of my fantasies - of course having a wizard instantly clean the house and do the laundry has a lot of appeal. It doesn't have to be an instant trip from Seattle to Paris. :smileywink: 

And yet if he could clean and fold while transporting you to Paris, well then, that's a pefect man!

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Angi!

I love writing supernatural, or paranormal, because my hero and heroine can do things they couldn't do if the story were romantic suspense. (Don't get me wrong. I love romantic suspense, too.) And I don't mean they can do things as in super powers, I mean more in behavior. I love a hero who is rough and tough, and drop dead, drooling-over gorgeous! If my hero were mere mortal, no editor would let me toss the lady he loves across the room. I guess I just love good Klingon sex :womanvery-happy: I love writing it rough but also love it when my hero is so incredibly compassionate his hands tremble over the love he feels for his lady.

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Be still my heart. A multi-tasker. lololol Fluff, fold and fondle. All at the same time? My hero!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Gena_Showalter wrote:

Where did I get the idea to write about a chick who could download computer files straight into her brain . . . well, as always, I make everything about me LOL  I wanted the ability for myself, but alas, there was no way to acquire it.  So, I gave it my heroine.  :smileyhappy:

Ah, so it's wishful writing. I like that. And yes, that would be a lovely thing to have.
Reader 2
Angi79
0 Kudos

Who is your favorite hero from your own books? If his story was put on screen, which actor would you choose to play him?

And...Sebastian, Sean, Seth .. Did you agree on letter 'S' or is this a coincidence?

"Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." (Zarek)
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Now that all three of you are here, I'm dying to know how this collaboration came about. When I got my copy of

The Bodyguard, I remember thinking what a perfect trio to publish together. Was this your idea or was it brought to you?

Oh, and great question, Angi. Do you all have favorite heroes that you've written?

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for inviting all three of us here at the same time. I am incredibly honored to be among Cherry and Gena and to be included in THE BODYGUARD! Not to mention, I got to write about werewolves, any of you who know me know I love my rough and wild werewolves! (Check out all my different werewolf books when you have a chance! http://www.lorieoclare.com/ataglance/ ) My hero, Seth Gere, makes brief appearances in my FBI Sex Crimes Series, listed under romantic suspense through the link above, but so many readers commented on him that he got a story of his own. But when a human man hunter, a bounty hunter, has to take on a werewolf, and a sexy young female werewolf decides he needs help, the clash of wills made this book extra fun for me!

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

The letter S is, I think, a coincidence :smileyhappy:  

One of my favorite heroes (that I've written) is Devyn from Seduce the Darkness.  He's a bad, bad boy, that Devyn, with a warped sense of humor.  I'm not sure who I'd pick to play him in a movie.  I need to think about this!  

Learn more about the Lords of the Underworld Series.
Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

I loved Sebastian, but I’m fickle as far as my heroes go. My favorite is always the guy in the book I just finished. I think Jack Slater in my upcoming BLACK MAGIC is yummy, and I’m loving Zane Cutter In UNDERTOW because I just finished his book last night.  As for who’d play any of my guys in a movie. . .Hmm. Hard to say since I see them so clearly in my head. That much sex appeal and deliciousness would be hard to translate. Not that I’d refuse to make a selection if Hollywood knocked on my door.

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

This is so much fun! Thanks everyone for taking time out of your day and chatting. If I miss a question you're more than welcome to email me at lorieoclare@aol.com and ask what you like.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

i noticed the repeated "S" too. Funny coincidence. Were you in touch with each other when you were writing the stories?

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

Way to go, birch! I love werewolves, too. I just love how primal, aggressive, and too often barely law-abiding they are.

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

There are lots of cool slide shows on my website - cherryadair.com - The slides are set up as 'scenes' from each book and were fun see when they were finished. TEMPTATION ON ICE and also BLACK MAGIC are both up there now. I have a wonderful graphics person who reads each book. I find the hero and heroine and whatever pictures I think will be awesome, and then she does the rest with creativity and Photoshop. If Virginia had her way each slide show would be 5 hours long! lol

If you have a chance to go to my site and see the slid shows I'd love to hear what you think. cherryadair3@msn.com

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Cherry's website -- I checked it out the other day and was blown away!  It's amazing!!  

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

The barely law-abiding . . . yes, yes, yes so delicious!  Not in real life, of course, but somehow, in fiction, it's simply delightful LOL   

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I posted about her website and linked to it at the start of the this thread. It's incredible! One of the best websites I've seen!

Check it out here.

Author
lorie-oclare
0 Kudos

No, we weren't, not about story specifics. That is honest and truth just a funny coincidence.