Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

This is a book with a cover that you'll all like! I thought it'd be fun to read an anthology this month, both because it's easy for the beach and because we've never featured one. Each story is a paranormal suspense tale, and it's a great way to introduce yourself to the authors if you don't know them already.

Here's the rundown:

CHERRY ADAIR “Temptation on Ice”

When paranormal operative Sebastian Tremayne heads to the Arctic Circle to keep an eye on red-hot physicist Michaela Giese, the polar ice cap isn’t the only thing in danger of melting. This beautiful brainy woman could spark a nuclear disaster he cannot stop—even with magic—and ignite a fiery passion he cannot resist…

GENA SHOWALTER “Temptation in Shadows”

Tall, lean, muscular—and definitely rough around the edges—Sean Walker is not your typical nightclub bodyguard. He’s a controller of shadows, able to wield darkness at will. But when a mysterious woman at the club turns out to have powers greater than his own, he has no choice but seduction…

LORIE O’CLARE “Hunting Temptation”

A manhunter by trade, Seth is on the trail of his most dangerous prey yet: a living, breathing, maneating werewolf. But the last thing he expects to catch in his trap is a beautiful, beguiling woman—with some wild animal urges of her own…

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

3 of my favorite authors all in one book?  Must hit the 'buy now' button. 

Cherry Adair's TFlac series has a prominent place on my keeper shelf. 

2 of my favorites are

Kiss and Tell  and

Out of Sight

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: July Feature #3: THE BODYGUARD by Cherry Adair, Gena Showalter, & Lorie O'Clare

Melanie_Murray wrote:

This is a book with a cover that you'll all like! I thought it'd be fun to read an anthology this month, both because it's easy for the beach and because we've never featured one. Each story is a paranormal suspense tale, and it's a great way to introduce yourself to the authors if you don't know them already.

Here's the rundown:

CHERRY ADAIR “Temptation on Ice”

When paranormal operative Sebastian Tremayne heads to the Arctic Circle to keep an eye on red-hot physicist Michaela Giese, the polar ice cap isn’t the only thing in danger of melting. This beautiful brainy woman could spark a nuclear disaster he cannot stop—even with magic—and ignite a fiery passion he cannot resist…

GENA SHOWALTER “Temptation in Shadows”

Tall, lean, muscular—and definitely rough around the edges—Sean Walker is not your typical nightclub bodyguard. He’s a controller of shadows, able to wield darkness at will. But when a mysterious woman at the club turns out to have powers greater than his own, he has no choice but seduction…

LORIE O’CLARE “Hunting Temptation”

A manhunter by trade, Seth is on the trail of his most dangerous prey yet: a living, breathing, maneating werewolf. But the last thing he expects to catch in his trap is a beautiful, beguiling woman—with some wild animal urges of her own…

Sold!!!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I've got fun news for you all!

Cherry, Gena, and Lorie have agreed to have a "group chat" with us! It's next Wednesday the fourteenth at 2 PM. All questions are welcome! The ladies are also going to check in the following week here and there.

And, have any of you checked out Cherry's website? I think it's one of the coolest I've ever seen...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hey guys! Lorie, Cherry, and Gena will be here tomorrow at 2 PM Eastern for a special chat. Hope you all can stop by!

New User
WulfLuva
0 Kudos

What inspired each of you to write your stories in this INSANELY AWESOME book?

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

First, thank you so much!  

For me, I wanted to write about a chick who could download computer files straight into her brain. Badly!  And as with most of my books, I had one scene in my mind before I sat down and started writing. I saw Gabby download the "love quiz" and her reaction made me chuckle.  So, everything grew from there.  

Learn more about the Lords of the Underworld Series.
Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Looking forward to chatting in a little bit. See you here!

Reader 2
Angi79
0 Kudos

Hi!

Great autors, great stories! Thanks for that and keep writting ladys!

My question is: What do YOU find so charming in supernatural guys? (My excuse is that you write them too yummy.) And if you can choose one race for your mate, which will be? Vampire, werewolf, angel, demon...?

Regards from Hungary :smileyhappy:

"Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain." (Zarek)
Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Ha! You like camels do you??? lol

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

WooHoo. I love awesome <g> Thank you for enjoying what I had so much fun writing. <g> Sebastian Tremayne first appeared as Gabriel Edge’s sword fighting sparring partner in EDGE OF DANGER.  It was pretty much just a walk on role, but there was so much mail from readers begging for his book, I knew I had to write his story. TEMPTATION ON ICE is it.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I am so excited that all three ladies are going to be here AT ONCE! A big thank-you to them, because they are all super busy with The Bodyguard promo and with their own books. Here are their latest and, in Cherry's case, upcoming single-title releases:

The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld Series #6)  

Strong, Sleek and Sinful  

Black Magic

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

What I find charming about supernatural guys . . . hmm, well, I do so love my alpha men, and they are alpha to their cores.  Willing to die for their women, protect her at all costs.  They love deeply, if a little darkly :smileyhappy:  They are strong, capable, unbreakable -- until love brings them to their knees :smileyhappy:

I have to say, vampires are my favorite.  They are so . . . naughty LOL

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Without a doubt, I find wizards the sexiest. I like knowing my heroes aren't about to have me for lunch.:smileytongue:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Okay! Even though we're already chatting, this is my ***official welcome*** to Gena, Lorie, and Cherry. Thank you so much for being here! Can you tell us about your individual stories, a little plot run-down for us?

Gena_Showalter wrote:

First, thank you so much!  

For me, I wanted to write about a chick who could download computer files straight into her brain. Badly!  And as with most of my books, I had one scene in my mind before I sat down and started writing. I saw Gabby download the "love quiz" and her reaction made me chuckle.  So, everything grew from there.  

I love this..."I wanted to write about a chick ..." Where in the world did you get that idea?!
Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Now see, I ~want~ to be lunch LOL 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cherry-Adair wrote:

Without a doubt, I find wizards the sexiest. I like knowing my heroes aren't about to have me for lunch.:smileytongue:

Wizards. I never think of that as a category for heroes, but you're right. A wizard would make a nice boyfriend. "Honey, do the dishes." And he'd cast a spell and voila, clean kitchen!

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Where did I get the idea to write about a chick who could download computer files straight into her brain . . . well, as always, I make everything about me LOL  I wanted the ability for myself, but alas, there was no way to acquire it.  So, I gave it my heroine.  :smileyhappy:

Author
Cherry-Adair
0 Kudos

Wizards enjoy lunch, too you know.

New User
birch5
0 Kudos

> Ha! You like camels do you??? lol

Hello, I am a friend of Angi and I try to improve my English all the time. I understood the question Angi asked, but not sure about your answer. Does it mean anything? Wny camels? Thanks a lot for your answer

birch

:smileyhappy: