Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

June Feature: TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU by Julia Quinn

Ten Things I Love about You (Bevelstoke Series #3)

Ten Things You Should Know About This Book

1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.

2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.

3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.

4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.

5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.

6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.

7 is shocking, 8 is delicious, and 9 is downright wicked, all of which lead the way to

10. Happily. Ever. After.

Help me welcome Julia Quinn!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: June Feature: TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU by Julia Quinn

This sounds great - I can't wait to read it!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Julia's books are among my absolute favorites, and luckily for all of us there are many of them! Here are the books that have the same recurring characters as Ten Things:

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke Series #1)  

What Happens in London (Bevelstoke Series #2)

And if you are looking for a new-to-you historical series, this is one of the all time greats:

The Duke and I (Bridgerton Series #1)  

The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton Series #2)  

An Offer from a Gentleman (Bridgerton Series #3)  

Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgerton Series #4)  

To Sir Phillip, with Love (Bridgerton Series #5)  

When He Was Wicked (Bridgerton Series #6)  

It's in His Kiss (Bridgerton Series #7)

We've got a lot of Quinn fans at RR, and you know we've got our opinions, so for more about the Bridgerton series, read this thread.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cheyenne, have you read this one yet? I think you'll like it...It's got these beautifully written comedy scenes that are just so much fun! Olivia (from What Happens in London (Bevelstoke Series #2)) is back and hilarious in her attempts to control Sebastien's response to the plot (which I don't want to give away.)

I read this in one day, and you know that means I liked it!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

If any of you missed Maria Lokken's take on Ten Things, it's worth the read.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Heart-to-Heart-The-BN-Romance/Match-com-in-Regency-England/ba...

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

no, i havent read it yet- but i love her books...she's one of the best historical authors, in my opinion, she's hilarious. i have it on hold though and i know this will be a great read

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Author
Julia-Quinn
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!  Big thanks to Melanie for posting so much great stuff about Ten Things I Love About You.  I have to admit---I LOVE my book video. (I had very little to do with its wonderfulness.)

JQ

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It is a nice video, Julia!

Well, I loved the book. It made me chuckle - the situations that Sebastian's heroines found themselves in, in particular. And I love a hero with a special skill. The scene with the shooting competition was wonderful.

Can you tell the RR gang a bit about the book, as you see it?

Blogger
Maria_Lokken
0 Kudos

Hi Julia -

Love the book trailer and LOVED the book!  Annabel and Sebastian are a wonderful pair.

Do you have any future plans for Annabel's cousin?

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Hi Julia! So glad you're here.  When I first started reading romance novels I only read western romances or contemporaries. Then one day I saw The Duke and I in a book store and was intrigued and I was introduced to a whole new sub-genre - I haven't stopped reading your books since and I want to simply say thank you. Thanks for all the hours of reading pleasure. Your books are permanently on my keeper shelf and I re-read them often.

I loved 10 Things - and I'm wondering if you have plans to make this a series.  Do you intentionally set out to write a series and if so do you plan each book in advance?

New User
loveable416
0 Kudos

I love that book!:smileyhappy:

Emily RP.
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - and Julia too !! This book is next up on my list - I'm really looking forward to it - I just love all your books, Julia. I feel, by the end of each book, the characters are all part of the family. I'll return to this thread after I've read the book, 'cause I don't want to find out anything. Happy Reading all...

Anne

Author
Julia-Quinn
0 Kudos

OMgoodness, Maria's match.com piece about my characters was amazing!

JQ

Author
Julia-Quinn
0 Kudos

@Marisa--I will probably write about Louisa, but not right away.  I'm working on the Smythe-Smiths first!

@Maria--you know, I don't usually plan out series.  The Bridgertons were supposed to be only three books!  That said, for the first time I AM trying to figure out a whole series at the outset (aforementioned Smythe-Smiths).  It may be why the outline is taking me so long!

I have to run.  I went to a new exercise class on Monday and I'm STILL sore.  So I've booked myself a massage!  And you know I don't want to be late for that...

JQ

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I finished the book yesterday - I LOVED IT !!  Julia, the dialogue was fantastic !! I could hear it in my head long after I had finished. You have a real ear for it - that's always been one of my favorite things about your books (besides the great stories, lovely heroines and terrific heroes, that is). Whose story is next?  I haven't read all your books, I don't think, but have you written about the older brothers? Anyway....keep writing. Thanks for a great book.

Anne

Author
Julia-Quinn
0 Kudos

Hi Anne!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Ten Things I Love About You!  I'm actually saying goodbye to that set of characters for a little bit and working on the Smythe-Smiths, who you might know from their really bad musical performances in previous books.

Warmly,

JQ

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i really like the smythe-smiths. and i love the fact that at each musical, theres always one girl who knows that theyre not good

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I just got this book. I love Julia's books. I am in the middle of reading

What Happens in London (Bevelstoke Series #2) 

I am liking it a lot.

I have a lot of her books. She is an awesome writer.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Hi, Julia, I just love your books. I just got the new one. Ten Things I Love About you. I have I think about all your books.

I am reading What Happens In London. I am loving it.

I have love all your books.

Keep up the great work.

ReadingPatti