Contributor
doelily18
0 Kudos

Looking for romance about ugly duckling/plain jane type stories

Hello,

I am looking for ugly duckling or plain jane type stories. Where the heroine(or hero) has always been in the background or in the "friend zone" until they get fed up or something important happens and they transform. Like a guy who used to be a geek in school goes to high school reunion and is buff and hunky, or the pudgy(glasses, braces, insert unpopular trait here) girl who comes back to her home town and is model worthy. Also, there are some stories where the boss has this amazing assistant who is kinda mousy and he never notices her til she has a makeover and then he finally sees her and of course falls in love. Any of these that you could give me ideas for would be great.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for romance about ugly duckling/plain jane type stories

Contributor
doelily18
0 Kudos

Thanks becke that is actually one of the ones i read that made me post the topic. I guess great minds do think alike. LOL

becke_davis
0 Kudos

doelily18 wrote:

Thanks becke that is actually one of the ones i read that made me post the topic. I guess great minds do think alike. LOL

Wasn't that one good? I know there are tons more but, of course, I can't think of any offhand. Frustrating!

Have you read Bet Me? It's not exactly an Ugly Duckling story, but it's about a woman who kind of thinks of herself as one. it's WONDERFUL!

Bet Me

Contributor
Romance_Reader24
0 Kudos

The Ugly Duckling  

This is an older book (2007), but definitely fits your criteria! It also is a bit more suspenseful than pure romance, but it was a great read and I really enjoyed it.

I Love to Read!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Try author K.C. Bacus's Calamity Jane books. There are about 6 in series. They are republishing in March and you can pre-order. I got mine from the local library. As the books progress she goes from being well a calamity to finding herself.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Seriously MUST read....

The Prince & The Toad

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
New User
RhodaU
0 Kudos

A good book to read about ugly duckling or plain jane is Eye of the Beholder by Ruth Ann Norden.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

RhodaU wrote:

A good book to read about ugly duckling or plain jane is Eye of the Beholder by Ruth Ann Norden.

Hi RhodaU, thanks for the suggestion.

Just a quick question about how you found this conversation?