Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Love with the Perfect Scoundrel by Sophia Nash

I'm going to include this one in my New Release Tuesday round-up next week, but didn't want to wait to gush a little about it.

Love with the Perfect Scoundrel is the third book in Sophia Nash's Widow series, about - you guessed it - a group of London society widows. This is Grace Sheffey's story. She's fleeing London to escape the scandal of being jilted not once, but twice. She gets caught in a terrible blizzard in the middle of nowhere, and is rescued by a very tall, capable blacksmith named Michael Ranier. They wait for the storm to end in Michael's newly acquired farm, and embark on an eye-opening affair (for Grace, who has never experienced the kind of love that Michael gives her.)

This was such a warm-hearted book! Grace is a lovely heroine: her confidence is very brittle, as you can imagine, having been jilted twice! But she's also quite soul-searching for a heroine, she tries to analyze her own personality in a way that made her very endearing. And Michael is just a rugged man. He's a great hero: loving, strong, principled. He's also hiding a dark secret which causes problems for the two of them. I won't say more; I don't want to give away the whole story!

The first book in the series was A Dangerous Beauty (the hero in this one is the first man to jilt Grace) and the second was The Kiss (this hero is Grace's second jilter - both men are more than redeemed in Grace's story, in my opinion.)

Sophia, if you happen to read this, can you post about the next books in the series? Are you working on Sarah and Elizabeth's stories?

Frequent Contributor
Keoweegirl
0 Kudos

Re: Love with the Perfect Scoundrel by Sophia Nash

Melanie, this book is totally gush-worthy.  Sophia just gets better and better with each book she writes.  "Love with the Perfect Scoundrel" is wonderful and I'm totally in love with Michael!

He's a fabulous hero!

~pjpuppymom
theromancedish.com
New User
Yasmin
0 Kudos

I am so looking forward to LWTPS. I read the first 2 and have been waiting for this one.
-------Yaya
Author
SophiaNash1
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for your kind words--and I'm so glad you liked the book.

And yes, Melanie, right now I'm writing Elizabeth's wildly romantic story as we speak. But before that book is released, there will be a widows club novella in the July anthology Four Dukes and a Devil. I had so much fun writing this short story. You catch a glimpse of the heroine, Victoria Givan, in Love With the Perfect Scoundrel. Other authors included in the anthology are: Cathy Maxwell, Tracy Anne Warren, Jeaniene Frost (who writes about a "devil") and Elaine Fox.

Learn more about Love with the Perfect Scoundrel.

Discover all Sophia Nash titles.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

SophiaNash1 wrote:

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for your kind words--and I'm so glad you liked the book.

And yes, Melanie, right now I'm writing Elizabeth's wildly romantic story as we speak. But before that book is released, there will be a widows club novella in the July anthology Four Dukes and a Devil. I had so much fun writing this short story. You catch a glimpse of the heroine, Victoria Givan, in Love With the Perfect Scoundrel. Other authors included in the anthology are: Cathy Maxwell, Tracy Anne Warren, Jeaniene Frost (who writes about a "devil") and Elaine Fox.

Four Dukes and a Devil! I love that title! And that's a great lineup of authors, too. The only one I haven't read before is Tracy Anne Warren, who I've been dying to try.

Is Elizabeth getting a proper hero? Or more rugged like Michael?

Author
SophiaNash1
0 Kudos

Melanie--

I'm afraid Elizabeth is going to have her hands full--dealing with Rowland Manning, the outrageous half-brother introduced in the latter half of Love With the Perfect Scoundrel. I love alpha males who need to find redemption whether they want to or not-- and the feisty heroines who prod them to the task! 

Learn more about Love with the Perfect Scoundrel.

Discover all Sophia Nash titles.