becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: March 2: Q&A with Julie James

Julie_James wrote:

Hi Becky! [waves back]  Yes, logging in issues finally resolved.

Oh, you must do more research on Sawyer.  Trust me, it'll be worth the time. : )

Even with the shirt on... VERY nice! I'm a sucker for dimples on guys, too!

Reader 4
ljwa
0 Kudos

I just finished the book and loved it as I have Julie's previous books.  The characters are so literate and articulate.  I was thrilled to see that Exelsior is a real wine.  Are all the wines you mention real?  And the wineries?  I realize Bourdeaux and DeVine don't exist but I'm jonesing for some of the wines.  Taking the book with me to Bing right now.

I love the dresses on the covers of ALLL and SAY and the fact that they have their own credits.  The top backs are spectacular and I realize the title art needs the color backdrop but the lower half of both dresses jar my latent seamstress sense of fit.  And worse than that, the girls buns look like they belong on Biggest Loser.  However, I can live with it to get to read your books.

Author
Julie_James
0 Kudos

LOL, Katie. Glad the book inspired you to have your own tasting party! Ah, I say the whole book should be read with a glass of wine firmly in hand. : )

Author
Julie_James
0 Kudos

Oh, Becky... look for those dimples in Book 5... : )

Author
Julie_James
0 Kudos

ljwa: Yes! Virtually every wine in the book is real!  I've been waiting for someone to ask me that question.

I believe the only wine I made up was the $1500 wine Jordan and Nick drink at the party. Because, well, I've never drank a $1500 bottle of wine, and I didn't want to copy tasting notes from an outside source so I made up a wine I could describe however I wanted.

Even the wine that goes for $250,000/case is real.  Notice no one drinks that one in the book--because I definitely have no idea what a $250,000 wine tastes like.  Yikes, that would be one pricey glass of wine.

Reader 4
ljwa
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, Julie.  I am going to start with the Marquis Phillips merlot partly because it's under $20.  I also looked at the Calistoga Ranch- did you take a research trip there?  Loved that you even included the outdoor shower.  I'm now going to reread the previous three books again.

Leslie

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm embarrassed to admit my knowledge of wine only runs to Beringer White Zinfandel and Riunite Lambrusco. And back in the day, Boone's Farm! 

My brother is a true wine connoisseur - I always go to him when I have wine-related questions. My husband likes Chianti and his current favorite, Ménage à Trois

Author
Julie_James
0 Kudos

Leslie: Actually, I did visit Calistoga Ranch.  My husband and I took a trip to Napa and it was so gorgeous I knew I needed to include it in the book.  The winery Jordan and Nick visit, Kuleto, is also a place we visited and has stunning views (and fabulous wine.)

The Excelsior is $9, and it's a steal at that price!  I've had good luck finding it at Binny's.  I think South Africa wines just haven't fully caught on yet, so you can get some fabulous ones for really good prices.

Author
Julie_James
0 Kudos

LOL, Becky.  I remember drinking Boone's back in the day, too. Strawberry Hill flavor, or something?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Julie_James wrote:

LOL, Becky.  I remember drinking Boone's back in the day, too. Strawberry Hill flavor, or something?

YESSSS!! And apple, too.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Here's the bottle of wine my sister-in-law gave to me this week:

wine.jpg
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie - I LOVE IT!!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie I think we should have a pajama party and you could share the fine vintage with all your friends :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I finished Julie's book over the weekend - it's REALLY good! LOVE Nick and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next books in this series. 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I finished Julie's book over the weekend - it's REALLY good! LOVE Nick and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next books in this series. 

Right? It's such fun and I can't wait for the next one either.