Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

March Feature #3: TOO WICKED TO KISS by Erica Ridley

Too Wicked to Kiss

This gothic historical debut from author Erica Ridley is generating all kinds of buzz. I'm thrilled to include it in our March features, and think it'll appeal to readers who don't normally go for historicals. There's mystery and paranormal phenomena woven beautifully into this story.

Miss Evangeline Pemberton can see the Future. Sometimes. The Past, too, although that tends to be less useful, as she can't change what's already happened.

One might think the most irksome characteristic of her alleged "gift" is that said visions are followed by debilitating headaches. Or that they've got her running for her life. But no. By far the most vexing quirk is that these fantasies accompany all skin-to-skin contact. Which means she can't touch anyone. Not even the tall, dark, and brooding recluse in her Present.

Gavin Lioncroft is a wealthy committed bachelor with nothing but time on his hands. Well, and blood. (But he's not telling how that got there.) And an impromptu house party. (He hasn't the slightest idea how that happened.)

His very first night back in the bosom of High Society and the man he threatens to kill turns up dead. Good. The cad had it coming. But just because he's dodged the hangman's noose before, doesn't mean Gavin will get away with murder again. And this time, there's no fading into the shadows. The only chance of saving his neck is by risking his heart--to the one woman from whom he can hide nothing.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: March Feature #3: TOO WICKED TO KISS by Erica Ridley

Erica's website is full of all kinds of goodies regarding

Too Wicked to Kiss.

For an excerpt: http://www.ericaridley.com/books/book_too-wicked-to-kiss_2pgs.php

For reviews: http://www.ericaridley.com/presskit/reviews.php

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I am ordering this right now. It looks too wicked to read, yum.

Author
EricaRidley
0 Kudos

Too Wicked To Kiss by Erica Ridley

I am sooo excited to have Too Wicked To Kiss featured here on the Barnes & Noble forums!

If you'd like to win an autographed copy, I'm doing a Book-A-Day giveaway this week only. Details on my blog at: http://www.ericaridley.com/blog

You can also check out games, bonus content, and more contests over on the Unauthorized Scandal Sheet at http://www.2wicked2kiss.com

Here's the back cover copy:

HIS TOUCH HOLDS HER CAPTIVE...

From the ravens circling its spires to the gargoyles adorning its roof, Blackberry Manor looms ominously over its rambling grounds. And behind its doors, amid the flickering shadows and secret passageways, danger lies in wait.

TO HIS EVERY DARK DESIRE...

Evangeline Pemberton has been invited to a party at the sprawling estate of reclusive Gavin Lioncroft, who is rumored to have murdered his parents. Initially, Gavin's towering presence and brusque manner instill fear in Evangeline...until his rakish features and seductive attentions profoundly arouse her. But when a guest is murdered, Evangeline is torn. Could the man to whom she is so powerfully drawn, also be a ruthless killer?

TOO WICKED TO KISS

New User
PhyllisTowzey
0 Kudos

This book sounds great - I can't wait to read it!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you're all excited for it.

And welcome, Erica!

New User
mazouz
0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to reading it. I've moved it to the top of my TBR list.

Maureen Sevilla

New User
JulieLeto
0 Kudos

I can't wait for this book to be released!  For those in the Tampa Bay area, Erica will be signing copies of TOO WICKED TO KISS at the Barnes & Noble in Carrollwood on Saturday, March 13th at 2:30pm.  She'll be joined by other authors including Joan Johnston, Virginia Henley, Betina Krahn, Jeanie London, Roxanne St. Claire, Susan Kearney, Kathy Carmichael, Ann Jacobs & CL Wilson.  It's going to be a party!

Reader
KPainter
0 Kudos

I can't wait to get my hands on this one! It sounds so good - gothic historical? WIN! Love the cover too.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome to all you new users. We're happy to have you visiting!

New User
jskeim
0 Kudos

Erica, your book sounds fabulous! What a great combination-historical and paranormal. I'm so excited for you! I think it's going to be VERY successful! Congratulations. Can't wait to read it.

New User
JulianneD
0 Kudos

I'm really looking forward to reading your book, Erica. It sounds fantastic. :smileyhappy:

New User
Caydee
0 Kudos

Erica, your book sounds great.  I can't wait to pick up a copy to read.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hurray, a feature I've already read! I really enjoyed this book - it was like a gothic, only written to modern-day tastes. I definitely want to read whatever Erica writes now!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

just ordered my copy from B&N and it should ship tomorrow so I'll be able to talk about it with everyone.

Erica it looks too wicked to read and that makes it right up my alley.

New User
jeanmason
0 Kudos

Okay. I'm one of the lucky ones who snagged an ARC.  I normally don't read historicals, but this one rocked.  It was incredibly well written, angsty and funny at the same time if you can believe that. Add in a HOT hero, a unique heroine, a mystery and some paranormal and Ridley has done it on her first novel.  Her writing is easy to read and unputdownable.  Definitely, buy this book.

:smileyhappy:

New User
blueeyes4u1112
0 Kudos

I can't wait to read this book. The cover is fabulous and the blurb leaves me wanting more, more, more.

New User
peg360
0 Kudos

sounds wonderful

Author
LeeRhuday
0 Kudos

Sounds like a great book, Erica!  I like the paranormal twist and am eager to read Too Wicked to Kiss.

Leigh Duncan