Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas - Hathaway Book 4

Married by Morning (Hathaway Series)

For two years, Catherine Marks has been a paid companion to the Hathaway sisters—a pleasant position, with one caveat. Her charges’ older brother, Leo Hathaway, is thoroughly exasperating. Cat can hardly believe that their constant arguing could mask a mutual attraction. But when one quarrel ends in a sudden kiss, Cat is shocked at her powerful response—and even more so when Leo proposes a dangerous liaison.

Leo must marry and produce an heir within a year to save his family home. Catherine’s respectable demeanor hides a secret that would utterly destroy her. But to Leo, Cat is intriguing and infernally tempting, even to a man resolved never to love again. The danger Cat tried to outrun is about to separate them forever—unless two wary lovers can find a way to banish the shadows and give in to their desires…

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Married by Morning by Lisa Kleypas - Hathaway Book 4

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Spoilers welcome in this thread. I've got about a hundred pages to go and then I'll let fly with my thoughts, but feel free to start chatting about the book!

And how would you rank the books in this series? I still think Mine Till Midnight (Hathaway Series #1) is my favorite...

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

this book was great...i think that i still have to go with the first one being my fave book, but leo and cat's story was....amazing, it is a very close call.

i loved when leo said that he is a madman when he loves...and that the thought of cat pregnant was awesome. that whole paragragh was sweet

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I finished Anna Campbell's new book and went out and bought Sugar Creek by Toni Blake, plus Kathryn Smith's new book and this one by Lisa Kleypas. Tossed a coin and started this one first.

1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I just started this this morning. So far, so good, but I don't think I'll come back to this thread until I'm finished 'cause I like to be surprised. Happy Reading...

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Finished Married by Morning and it's one of my favorites - I can hardly wait until the next one to come out. July seems too long to wait!!!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Well, I loved it, no big surprise there. I think Lisa Kleypas could publish a portion of the phone book and I'd be hooked. She does that snappy dialogue among the family members that is just so brilliant and funny and witty and warm. I'm thinking about the scene, in particular, where the family tells Leo that he has to marry.

Also, what is more romantic than referring to Cat as "Marks?" I loved that.

My only complaint is that I wanted Cat to be just a little bit more tough. She got a little weak-willed for me there, but again, this is a minor thing. I still loved it.

Do others agree with me that Lisa Kleypas nails it with the romantic heroes? I mean, look at the heroes in this series? They're incredible! And don't get me started with the heroes of the contemporary Texas series. Perfect.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was totally intrigued by the old Celtic sheep counting words, which shows what a nerd I am. But I loved Leo, and now that I've gone back and read the two previous books, I love this story even more.

I couldn't believe it, but after digging through TONS of books in my TBR piles/boxes/bins, I couldn't find a copy of Cam's story. I went out today and bought a copy, and don't think my husband didn't think that bookstore trek wasn't totally hilarious. (Sorry about all the double/triple negatives.) He's sure it will turn up. I know you featured it and I could have SWORN I had it. Oh well. That's next on my list, but I couldn't let a holiday morning go without reading, so I started Tessa Dare's new one this a.m. - it's also REALLY good, and I'm nearly finished with it. Cam's story is up next!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

just finished this story this morning and I thought it was great. I loved how Leo and Cat had back and forth witty comebacks for each other. I missed it as the book progressed that they lost some of that wittiness. I agree with Melanie that Cat just faded a little as the book went on. I think that out of all the books the first one is still my favorite. I love the cover of that book too with that amazing blue dress.

Anyone think that Kleypas should write one of the stories on Harry's right hand man Valentine? I think it would be interesting to see his story.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

hmmm..taht could be a great story, we dont know that much about valentine...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

hmmm..taht could be a great story, we dont know that much about valentine...

Thats what I was thinking because he seems to be in the background a lot in poppy's story and then again in marks' story. I would like him to not be just a background character anymore.

Pages of Forbidden Love
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Also? That's just too good a name to waste. Jake Valentine has  to be a hero in a romance novel.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Also? That's just too good a name to waste. Jake Valentine has  to be a hero in a romance novel.

That's what i was thinking too! I mean Valentine what a name. He has to be a hero in this series. now my curiousity about him is really up since everyone is agreeing with me about him.

Pages of Forbidden Love