New User
DonnaTX
0 Kudos

Re: May 13: Visit with Nina Bangs

Hi Nina,

Love your books, have gotten Eternal Cravings but haven't gotten to read it yet. There are about 15 - 20 books ahead of it in my library. LOL voracious reader here ( almost 400 books in the last two years).  Just was thinking the other day that I may need to skip forward on the list with yours some though.

I really like your twist on the end of the world in 2012, gives it a whole new spin. The thought of males with the essence of dino spirits is kind of chilling, but its nice to know you are giving them strong female counterparts to help them live fulfilled.

Glad to hear you are getting back in to the routine after Ike. I live just up the road from you in Webster.

I about fell outta my chair when reading the first of your Mackenzie books and realized you had placed it right on the island near Moody. Called up a friend n SD. Houston to ask if she was reading any of your and recommend she pick one up, she now follows you like I do.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Mary, I'll have to pass the word on to Sparkle that she has a devoted fan. :smileyhappy:

Yes, I think there's a little bit of Sparkle in all of us. She's manipulative and proud of it. And I have to admit loving a good shoe sale as much as the next person.

I want to thank you for your support. In the end, it's always about the readers.

Learn more about my book, Eternal Cravings.
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Yes, Balan is a lot more important than he seems. For those who haven't read either Eternal Pleasure or Eternal Craving, Balan is a jaguar who appears mysteriously and communicates mentally. He's the messenger of the immortal bad guys.

Thanks for all the great questions, Mary.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

I'm with you on the books, Dawn. I have a small condo, and my closets are crammed with them. My problem is that I can never resist buying new books even though I have a mile-high to-be-read pile. 

I'm glad you enjoyed the dinosaur concept. Thanks for letting me know.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Kim, thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate the kind words for my books. Let me know if you enjoy Eternal Craving.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Tracey, I have so many books that I love I could never list them, but here are some series that I always buy. I don't think they'll be any big surprise. I find myself reading a lot of urban fantasy lately.

Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris (both of her present series), Karen Marie Moning (love her Fever series), Jim Butcher (Dresden Files), Marjorie M. Liu, J.R. Ward, Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series (also enjoyed The Host), Sherrilyn Kenyen's Dark Hunter series, J.D. Robb, and on and on and on. I'd better stop right there.

How about you? Are there any authors you love? I'm always up for spending more money on books. :smileyhappy:

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Judy, thanks for saying all those nice things about my books. I truly appreciate them.

Really? Your first? Wow, I'm impressed. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm so sorry about not answering your snail mail. Mea culpa. I have this huge file of letters sitting on my desk staring accusingly at me. I have massive guilt feelings about that file. No matter how hard I try, I just can't keep up with everything. I really need to hire someone to help me. So if anyone has written or e-mailed me and not gotten an answer, please forgive me. Someday soon I'm going to have to deal with catching up on all that mail.

To answer your question about a Minnesota book tour. As much as I'd love to get out and meet readers, I don't have any planned tours. I'm a deadly slow writer and the only way that I can meet my deadlines is by staying home and writing, writing, writing. I know, boring.

That said, I will be going to the Romance Writers of America conference in Washington, DC (July). I'd love to say hi to anyone who happens to be in the area. I'll post more info on my site (www.ninabangs.com) as the date gets closer. As of right now, that's the only event I'll be attending this year. Uh-huh, I'm a hermit.

New User
Serena_CrystalMoon
0 Kudos

Nina,

It's so awesome to be able to ask you questions! Anyway, I have 3 of the 4 Mackenzie vampire books (I'm missing #2) and while on your site I read about the Castle Of Dark Dreams books, which also star Sparkle and Ganymede (they're my favorite characters too). I was wondering if the two series happen at two completely different times or if I should be reading them both interchangably? Does one series happen before the other?

New User
tracey_pezen
0 Kudos

Nina, this has been so fun, thank you, i read most of the series you listed, don't even start me on the moning books, loved the highlanders and read the fevers and love them though they are the most unfulfilling books of all time, but i wait eagerly for the next... and confiscated my 11yo daughters twighlight books when all my friends said how good they were, haven't read yet though. But will check out the two I am unfamilliar with, thanks! I 'll look forward to your next book and hopefully you'll get a little break from writing to go and have some fun, a friend of mine once told me that "fun is the best thing to have" and i kinda agree, all the rest is gravy.

t

New User
Celtic_Pagan
0 Kudos

"A Taste of Darkness" totally guided my reading choices. After I finished reading it, I took out a piece of paper and wrote down the names of all the books in the front of the book and the authors in the back of the book. Than I went to the library and annoyed my sister by checking out 25 books.  It was great.

It wasn't until I read "Wicked Nights" that it dawned on me that with my crazy imagination I could write books too.

So I want to thank you Nina, for inspiring me to be a writer.

Somnium Dulchis,

Judy

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Donna, glad that you enjoy my books. Let me know what you think after you read Eternal Craving.

Almost 400 books in the last two years? Wow. Voracious is the right word for you. I think your tbr pile has to be bigger than mine, and that's saying a lot.

If you live in Webster, then you understand why the coming hurricane season is making me nervous. I'm originally from New Jersey, but I've lived in this area for twenty-one years. Ike was my first real brush with a hurricane's destructiveness. Don't want to go through it again.

I'm glad that I surprised you with the Galveston setting. I wanted an area that stayed warm enough to sustain a year-round theme park and was near a major metropolitan area. Of course, Florida and California had Disney. Plus, by setting the Castle of Dark Dreams in Galveston I avoided lots of research. As I said in an earlier post, I'm lazy.

Finally, thank you for recommending me to others. It's appreciated. Take care.

New User
raeanneRC
0 Kudos

I love the Gods of the Night series. It has been extremely interesting for me to read. I read so many books every week that these books caught me by surprise! I had to reread the first one just to make sure I was reading it right! LOL

I am very glad there will be more of these books to come. I hope to continue reading your books for a long time to come

Rachel

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Serena, the first few Mackenzie books take place before the Castle of Dark Dreams, but after that they pretty much take place in the present. I've set it up so that Sparkle owns the Live the Fantasy theme park but sometimes she helps out at the Woo Woo Inn. However, the Castle of Dark Dreams has its own set of characters as does the Woo Woo Inn. Sparkle and Ganymede are the only characters they share. I know, it's confusing. :smileysurprised:

You can read them as two different series, but hopefully each book can stand alone.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the time to visit today, Tracey. And thanks also for reading my books. Yes, I'll have to schedule some fun soon. :smileyhappy:

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

See, this is what writing is all about, touching people in some way. And you don't always touch them in the way you expected. Did you know there are cats and dogs out there named Sparkle and Ganymede? lol Anyway, make sure to send me an autographed copy of your first book.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today.  

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Rachel, I'm glad that you're enjoying the Gods of the Night series. I had a great time writing the first two books. It was a challenge to show the complete ferocity of their animal forms and yet make them sympathetic characters that a woman could love. I know that a lot of people were shocked to find out that the hero of the book had the soul of a dinosaur. Hey, I live to surprise. :smileyhappy:

Thanks for taking the time to visit today.

New User
kansassweet43
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

I soooo love your books. I bought and read Eternal Craving in a couple of hours. Now I have to wait for the next one. drat!!!!!!! When are we going to get Fin's story? I bet it will be so good. I hope you have alot of these stories to write. I also love Ganymeade and Sparkle. Hopefully you will write many more stories with them in it too.

Earlene

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Hi, Earlene. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed Eternal Craving. I'm afraid that I'm saving Fin's story for later. Sorry. :smileysad: The next Gods of the Night book will be about Utah. Talk about a guy with issues...

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I truly appreciate it.