New User
EstefanieL
0 Kudos

Re: May 13: Visit with Nina Bangs

Yeah, love Fin too. I think I most anxious to read his story. But I have sneaky suspicion that you'll save the best for last.
New User
msmary
0 Kudos

It was so funny when I started reading Eternal Craving I had to go on a Google search to find out what kind of dinosaur Al was. LOL I just could not keep going without a visual.
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Thanks for the welcome, Melanie. Next year I've tentatively planned for two more Gods of the Night stories plus one Castle of Dark Dreams book. But then nothing is set in stone. I would love to alternate the light with the dark paranormal romances. I hope readers enjoy both series.

Learn more about my book, Eternal Cravings.
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Eternal Craving, Tracey. And since I love writing about vampires and other paranormal entities, I'll continue to write about the Mackenzie vampires. Although my October book, My Wicked Vampire, is about Dacian, a night feeder. Night feeders are also vampires, but they are the enemies of the Mackenzie clan. Oh, and I agree about the manly men. But don't forget to put sensual in front of manly. :womanvery-happy:

Did you say you're a size 6? Ouch. I have some serious envy going on here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This was the first book of Nina's that I read:

Wicked Nights  

Contributor
ladytexan49
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

I'm new on here but I think this is great!

I got hooked on your books when I found out the locations you write about and I love reading paranormal, romance. I'm a born and raised Houstonian so it's wonderful to read about placed I grew up visiting!

I just finished reading Eternal Craving and I really love the concept for your Gods of the Night Series. I'm glad you added a vampire to the series.

I write as a hobby and my characters seem to always have a vampire in their life so much so that I've been told that I have a thing for vampires.

I hope things have gotten back to some sort of normal for you after Hurricane Ike.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to be on here and answer questions or just reply to the comments.

Jo Ann aka ladytexan49

New User
inspirationalmotives
0 Kudos

hello ma'am :smileyhappy:  i so enjoy your stories (can't say i have a favorite).  new series is wonderful and am enjoying it much.  will you be putting ganymede or sparkle in your darker series?  best wishes to you and yours!
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the time to read Eternal Craving, Mary. I'm happy that you enjoyed it. If you like Ganymede, then make sure you read My Wicked Vampire (Oct.). The Big Boss doesn't give him any grief in this book, but we do see Ganymede as we've never seen him before. And Sparkle is desperately trying to gain depth of character by being less shallow. That's tough for her because she's the queen of shallow.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

There have always been end-of-time prophecies, Tracey. You could drive yourself crazy by listening to all of them. Personally, I don't think anything will happen. Of course, I'm not always right about things. :smileyindifferent:

New User
msmary
0 Kudos

Sparkle may be self centered but you write her with that little bit of heart of gold showing so I have confidence she will come thru in the end.I loved being in on the read first, I was a litttle nah nah with my friends about it LOL I would sit in the lobby at school or before class and read it so everyone could see I had it.
New User
msmary
0 Kudos

And one last thing, do you have plans for Balan?
New User
Dawna68
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Nina, I am new here too and I want to say I got your book while in a book club Eternal Pleasure and let me tell you I could not put it down. The idea of these guys have dinosaurs for souls is amazing nothing I ever read before. I have Eternal Craving and can't wait to start it asap. lol... my son says my addiction to books is getting crazy lol..but I say you can never have enough books.
Message Edited by Dawna68 on 05-13-2009 12:56 PM
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

I'm a tease, Stef. Yes, I'll probably hold onto Fin's story until the end. If you notice, I'm also making everyone wait for Ganymede's and Sparkle's story. I think I have mean genes. lol

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
lol A lot of readers have told me that they did the same thing, Mary. I was never a huge dinosaur fan, so I had to do tons of research. Before this series I'd never even heard of a Liopleurodon.
Message Edited by Nina_BangsNB on 05-13-2009 01:32 PM

Reader
Bluedragon30
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Nina - Thanks for all the enjoyment you deliver through Sparkle and Ganymede, but the 11....Suffice it to say, "Wow!", and leave it at that. :smileywink:

Eternal Cravings is on the TBR shelf and I can hardly bear the wait!

Thanks again, and please, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Kim

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Ah, the first book in the Castle of Dark Dreams series. I hope you enjoyed it, Becke. I remember looking at the guy on the cover and thinking that he looked way too young and GQ to be a centuries old vampire who had once been a Viking and a Highlander. But then I also whine about Alexander Skarsgard, the actor who plays Eric in HBO's True Blood. I've read and loved all of Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire series, and my favorite guy in Sookie's life is Eric. Alexander is big and buff, but he's cut his hair short for season two. Charlaine has always described Eric as having long hair. Hmm, how did I get off on this rant?

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

I'm glad you made it, Jo Ann. Since I live near Galveston, I decided to set some of my books in a familiar area. It makes for a lot less research. Okay, so I'm lazy. :smileyhappy:

I just had to have a few sexy vampires as continuing characters in the series. I've grown way too fond of them. In fact, in the next Gods of the Nights story, the heroine has close connections to the vampire world.

Yes, I'm slowly recovering from Ike. I finally got to move back into my condo even though the contractor is still repairing the building. Cross your fingers that this summer remains hurricane free.

Good luck in your writing career, and let's hear it for vampires. Oh, and thanks for your kind words about my books. I appreciate them.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Thanks for stopping by, Inspirational. I appreciate the kind words. No, I'm afraid that Ganymede and Sparkle won't be making any cameo appearances in the Gods of the Night Series. I had to resist the temptation to put a cat in the series because all of my earlier books had cats in them.

New User
tracey_pezen
0 Kudos

ok Nina question,

we all read your books, love them, but most of us are probably voracious readers so always on the lookout for others to read in between the books we are waiting for, are there any books (series are great too, more to read!) you would recommend? I'm always so happy when i stumble on a gem.

thank you

Tracey

New User
Celtic_Pagan
0 Kudos

Hey Nina,

First I'd like to say that I absolutely love your books. You are one of my favorite writers ever. Actually you are the very first Romance Novelist I ever read. I believe the book was "A Taste of Darkness". I love that book. I haven't read your new book yet, but I will be soon. About a year ago I snail mailed you and asked if you were going to be doing any book tours to Minnesota, but I have no clue if you got it yet, or at all, ~laughs~ so I thought that I would ask here. Are you?

Somnium Dulchis,

Judy