Author
EloisaJames
0 Kudos

May 13: Visit with Nina Bangs

Welcome Nina! Everyone, Nina will be joining us Wednesday, May 13, to chat about her book, Eternal Craving, which is featured in my newest column.

Learn more about A Duke of Her Own.

Discover all Eloisa James titles.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: May 13: Visit with Nina Bangs

[ Edited ]

Welcome Nina,

I haven't had a chance to read Eternal Craving yet but I have read your other books and really enjoyed them.  I just have to wait my turn for the book from the library.  I'm sure it will be as good as your other books have been.

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 05-12-2009 09:22 PM
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've read several of Nina's books; she has a very distinctive voice and I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot about her as she becomes better known.
New User
panhandlecg
0 Kudos

Good morning. Nina I would like to thank you for the hours of entertainment you have provided. I just finished "Eternal Cravings" and can't wait for the next in the series. I am so thankful that there are talented people, like you, to provide me with the books I love to read.

Thanks

New User
BigFanofNightCourt
0 Kudos

I have not read the newest book yet but, I can't wait. I love Gandyemede and Sparkle! I was wondering if you have any favorite characters from your books?
New User
shanonfarrar

Nina, I have a complaint.  I read faster that you write!  I've read everything you have written and can't wait for something new!!!  The world that you have created is such a great escape for me from the everyday stresses of motherhood and housewifey things.  Thank you for sharing your talent and visions with the rest of us.  As a fellow Texan, I really love anything set in our great state.  Keep up the great work.  I am eagerly awaiting your next fantastic book!!!!
New User
wolflover2VF
0 Kudos

Hi Nina,

I've just ready Eternal Cravings.  I can't wait for the next one to come out.  This is such a great concept on the end of the world.  I like how they are actually dinosaurs.  Very interesting.

Author
Nina_BangsNB

Hi, Toni, Becke and everyone. Thanks for your kind words. I’m excited to be here. And thank you, Eloisa, for inviting me.  

As some of you might know, most of my previous books have been humorous paranormal romances. But when my publisher suggested that I come up with a series to alternate with the lighter books, I decided that I wanted to write something darker with a hero that wasn’t a vampire. Hey, I love vampires, but there are a lot of wonderful vampire series already on the market. And the hero definitely had to be the ultimate alpha male. So who could I find that was darker and more dangerous than a vampire? 

I reached back sixty-five million years to find my Eleven, men with the souls of ancient predators. Brought to the present by their enigmatic leader, Fin, these men could take the forms of ultimate hunters as they battled the immortals who were determined to wipe humanity from the face of the Earth. The Eleven were primal, lethal and irresistible. 

I also needed a ticking clock, an end point beyond which humans couldn’t survive. I found my ticking clock in the end of the Mayan calendar. If the Eleven can’t defeat the immortal bad guys by December 21, 2012, then all humans are doomed.

Since these are romances, I had to have women strong enough to fight beside the Eleven and ultimately to claim their hearts.  

And so was born my Gods of the Night series. Eternal Craving is Al’s story. Al is torn between the savagery of his animal nature and his human side. With tabloid reporter Jenna Maloy by his side, he stalks the dark forces that crouch in Philadelphia’s night shadows. But the true battle rages in his heart as Jenna fights to save the soul of this ancient hunter.

Okay, now bring on the questions.

Nina    

Learn more about my book, Eternal Cravings.
New User
EstefanieL
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I agree with the previous posts. I love your books and can't wait to read the next book in The Gods Of Night series. Can you tell us a little about the next book in The Gods Of Night series?

Stef

Message Edited by EstefanieL on 05-13-2009 09:08 AM
Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

I'm so glad that you enjoyed Eternal Craving, Panhandle. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to stop by and let me know.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Favorite characters? I'm with you, BigFan. Ganymede and Sparkle are special to me. Ganymede may have an appetite to match his ego, and Sparkle may be eternally shallow, but I still love them. They can say and do all the things I'd never dare. As far as my Gods of the Night series, I have a warm spot in my heart for Fin.

Author
Nina_BangsNB

Wow, Shanon. Thanks for your kind words. I wish I could write faster. Sigh. If you enjoy Texas settings, then you'll like my October book, My Wicked Vampire. I travel a few miles down the road from where I live to Galveston for another Castle of Dark Dreams story. And yes, the cast includes Ganymede and Sparkle.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Welcome to the board, Nina! We're so excited to have you here!

Is My Wicked Vampire all that you have in the pipeline? What else can we look forward to?

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Thanks for stopping by, Wolflover. I'm glad that you enjoyed Eternal Craving. I hope to do back to back releases in 2010 (Utah and Lio).

I've found all the apocalyptic prophecies for the end of the Mayan calendar interesting, so I decided to put my own spin on the date.

I chose dinosaurs because you can't get much more alpha than a T. rex. But I also had to make sure I gave their human sides the characteristics that women would love in order to counter all that raging testosterone.

New User
EstefanieL
0 Kudos

Hi Nina.  Which is your favorite male character from the Gods of Night Series?

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Hi, Stef. I'm glad that you're enjoying the Gods of the Night. The next book in the series will be Utah's story (no title yet). Utah has the soul of a Utahraptor. I don't know about you, but I found the raptors in Jurassic Park particularly scary. They might not be as big as a T. rex, but they're seriously vicious. And they have a pack mentality.

Without giving away spoilers for Eternal Craving, I'll just say that something happens to turn Utah rogue. He prowls the darkened streets of Portland, Oregon looking for prey. And the woman determined to destroy him eventually fights beside him as they hunt the immortal Seven. She is the last woman he should love, but as we all know, love is truly blind.

And for those who are wondering about all the numbers, I once again took from the Maya who had a reverence for numbers. Fin, the leader of the Eleven is obsessed with numbers and their significance. He explains that since he doesn't know the names of the immortals who are trying to destroy all humans, he'll call them by numbers. Zero had special significance for the Maya, and so Fin calls the immortals' leader Zero.

Author
Nina_BangsNB
0 Kudos

Stef, I think Fin is my favorite male character from the Gods of the Night. I see him as the ultimate conflicted and tortured hero, sort of stoic and inscrutable but with immense power. And hot. We can't forget hot. I also like Jude. Hey, I love vampires. What can I say?

New User
tracey_pezen
0 Kudos

Hello Nina,

Just wanted to stop by and say I loved your book, got an ARC copy of eternal cravings and read it and loved it. Loved the first one and the second didn't dissapoint only problem is waiting for the next.... hate waiting. Loved the other series as well, Mackenzie? I think? I'm never sure I just buy and read, (sometimes buy twice, eek!) my only rule is i can only read if I work out so I eat like a piggy and still fit in most my size 6, kinda sick but works for me.

Love your books and will look forward to the next, also love the email reminders, just keeps me informed as to what you have coming out.

And thanks also for manly men and girls who know what they want, i hate the whole, i hate him but really love him thing they do in some books, some of us do know what we like and love to see those strong smart sexy women in your books,

thanks

tracey

New User
msmary
0 Kudos

Nina, I was so excited to be picked as one of the few to get the advanced copy and do my favorite thing and talk about my favorite books. I really enjoy the 11. I enjoy your other books also and can not wait to see if Graymead gets back in god with "him".

New User
tracey_pezen
0 Kudos

just a little side note, driving my 9 and 11 yo daughters, sloane and sydney to school today they asked if i had heard that the world was going to end in 2012.. just thought that was interesting to share...of course i reassured them it was just a rumor they say that stuff all the time