Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

May Author Visits!

Hey all,
We've got a great line-up of author visits for May.

Tuesday, May 13: Geralyn Dawson
Monday, May 19: Jordan Dane
Wednesday, May 21: Anne Stuart

Let's give each of these wonderful authors a great greeting!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: May Author Visits!

Yeah! I met Anne Stuart a few months ago and discovered her books about the same time. Had to go out and buy a lot of books, because she's been writing a long time. I don't know how I missed her books in the past, but I'm not going to let that happen again. She is a great author and a really funny person. I can hardly wait for her visit!
Contributor
soling
0 Kudos

I have heard of Anne Stuart, but have not read any of her books.  As a first time reader of Anne Stuart, does anyone have any suggetions as first to read?

Soling
becke_davis
0 Kudos

soling wrote:
I have heard of Anne Stuart, but have not read any of her books. As a first time reader of Anne Stuart, does anyone have any suggetions as first to read?
Soling

I like her more recent books. They are a series but I don't think it matters too much if you read them out of order. The titles include Cold as Ice, Ice Blue, Ice Storm and Fire & Ice.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I picked up one of Jordan Dane's books because it takes place in San Antonio and South Padre Island. I went to San Antonio last year and my sister lives by South Padre, so I'm excited to read this -- I'll pass it on to my sister when I'm done. (Sorry, Jordan -- maybe I'll just buy her a copy!)

I know I've got a couple of Geralyn Dawson's books in my TBR pile -- I think one was called Giving Him the Slip. Looks like I'll have to move them to the top of the pile!

Message Edited by becke_davis on 05-07-2008 09:58 PM
Contributor
soling
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions.  - Soling
Contributor
soling
0 Kudos

What's the title of that book by Jordan Dane?  I have a friend who lives in South Padre Island.

- Soling
becke_davis
0 Kudos

soling wrote:
What's the title of that book by Jordan Dane?  I have a friend who lives in South Padre Island.

- Soling

Sorry, I should have mentioned the title:  No One Heard Her Scream.  Great title!
Contributor
soling
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

soling wrote:
I have heard of Anne Stuart, but have not read any of her books. As a first time reader of Anne Stuart, does anyone have any suggetions as first to read?
Soling

I like her more recent books. They are a series but I don't think it matters too much if you read them out of order. The titles include Cold as Ice, Ice Blue, Ice Storm and Fire & Ice.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I bought Ice Blue and Black Ice today.  I can't wait to start reading them.  But I also bought Geralyn Dawson's The Loner.  I have not read any of her books, so I am excited to read it before next week.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Her heroes are interesting -- kind of dark and REALLY bad guys who don't exactly go tripping gayly (or should I say happily) into the world of romance.  The tougher they are, the harder they fall.
Contributor
soling
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Her heroes are interesting -- kind of dark and REALLY bad guys who don't exactly go tripping gayly (or should I say happily) into the world of romance.  The tougher they are, the harder they fall.

Becke:  I can see what you mean by just reading the first chapter.  I can see the hero is going to be a bad guy.  So far very interesting.  :smileyhappy:
Author
Jordan_Dane
0 Kudos

Thanks for the lead in, Melanie. And passing around my book works too. :smileywink: Word of mouth is important for a new author.

NO ONE HEARD HER SCREAM is based in San Antonio. Padre Island is a reference only at the beginning since I would go there for highschool trips when I lived in SA. And this story was influenced by the Natalee Holloway case, the girl who went missing in Aruba from a school outing. Internet chatter speculated she was trafficked. A despicable crime that I wanted to shed light on.

And for more on the SA venues used in my book, go to this link for my Story Behind the Story. I've posted pics of the locales I used along with excerpts and what each place meant to me and my family.

Thanks again for your interest in my work. Writing has been a lifetime passion of mine and I still can't believe I'm living my dream. Have a good week!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Your book was in  myTBR pile but it's moved up now.  I can hardly wait to read it, Jordan.  I have friends in San Antonio and McAllen, so the landscape will be familiar.  I'll tell my sister and my friends in Texas to watch for your book, too.

Message Edited by becke_davis on 05-11-2008 04:53 PM
Frequent Contributor
skipster56
0 Kudos

As a new author of Romance, I would like to introduce my freshman novel, Dangerous Love, 2010 A.D. The book is 396 pages of suspense/action/romance that has received very good reviews and sales are great!
View the new web page for Dangerous Love at www.skipstover.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Skip, you could start a new thread for your book if you want.  Here is the link if people want to order it from BN.com: