Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Midterm Report Card: What's the best romance of the year so far?

[ Edited ]

Lexa555 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

Wow that Unbridled cover looks like something Becke should add to her showcase of great covers. The story line reminds me of He's No Prince Charming by LuAnn McLane, which also has a good cover. :smileywink:

You are so right! And I found a few others to add:

Dane 

It Had to Be You 

The Chief (Highland Guard Series #1)

Hubba, Hubba

Those are some great covers I own the first two books in Elizabeth Amber's series. The story line is different but good. A lot of erotica.

Yep, I've read them, too. NOT for the faint of heart or for people who don't like the really hot books. But worth getting just for the covers, even though I would

NEVER do that. *wink*

(I feel like I'm hijacking Melanie's thread so you'll have to check those links out yourselves!)

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

We can start a best covers of the year thread. :smileywink:

New User
RomanceAuthorBuzz
0 Kudos

Susan Mallery's Almost Perfect, Book 2 from her Fools Gold Series.

No one writes a love story like author Susan Mallery as it’s not only the romance, it’s how she creates strong characters who tug at your heart.  They are beautiful stories about family and how they work through their secrets, hurts, misunderstandings, but in the end they worked through their “stuff” giving them that happy ending they so desperately needed.  And that’s how the author takes her readers on the journey that makes Mallery’s Almost Perfect ” a perfect romance”. 

Reader 2
ArtemisSun
0 Kudos

Yes, a few of these that have been mentioned are on the TBR pile.  But this year,

Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone knocked my socks off.

Sinful 

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Sinful looks really good. Yet another book to add to the ever growing pile.:smileywink:

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
becke_davis
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

Sinful looks really good. Yet another book to add to the ever growing pile.:smileywink:

I think so, too. I'm going to buy it this weekend.

Contributor
Shaina_2012
0 Kudos

I've been enjoying the new Black Cobra series from Stephanie Laurens and cannot wait until the 29th for the new installment. They've been coming out very quickly, yet each one is even more addicting than the first! There has already been chases through India and London, sword fights on land and sea, and the new book starts with a shipwreck!

Here's what's already come out and will come out in the next 8 days!:

The Untamed Bride (Black Cobra Series #1) 

The Elusive Bride (Black Cobra Series #2)  

The Brazen Bride (Black Cobra Series #3)  

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Author
LisaMarieWilkinson
0 Kudos

I recently read a new-to-me author, Kaki Warner, and I'd put her latest novel, OPEN COUNTRY, up for inclusion in the best of category.

Open Country 

Lisa Marie Wilkinson, Author of Historical Adventure-Romance
IPPY Gold Medal Winner
USA Book News Best Books Award Winner
PNWA Bronze Award Winner
Visit my website: http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

LisaMarieWilkinson wrote:

I recently read a new-to-me author, Kaki Warner, and I'd put her latest novel, OPEN COUNTRY, up for inclusion in the best of category.

Open Country 

Hey Lisa Marie! Good to see you again. We read Kaki's first book here at RR and it was wonderful. I haven't read this one yet but I'm not surprised to see you give it a glowing review. This first book was great, too. Now I'll have to get a copy of this one!
Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

LisaMarie - I just finished Open Country and really enjoyed it - it's turning out to be a good series and I'm anticipating the next book.

Frequent Contributor
njoireading
0 Kudos

I have been off the board for a couple of months as I had a huge project at work that took every free moment I had.  Even reading was limited to just a few moments at night.  I finally had a chance to read on the plane while I traveling between sites.  I had purchased The Forbidden Rose for my nook and started reading as soon as we got to 10000 feet.

What a wonderfully written book!  I loved the first book Ms Bourne wrote, although her second was not as good, this one was as good as The Spymaster's Lady.  Perhaps it is my love of The Scarlet Pimpernel but the background of the French Revolution just made the book so much better.  Ms. Bourne writes so that you can imagine the sights, smells and emotions that the characters are experiencing.  The intensity of the moment comes through in the writing, yet the love that develops is just as intense, and it is not just lust, but a truly deep and lasting love.  One where relationships are complex, yet simple as sitting in a Paris tunnel just to be nearby.  I really hope we do not have to wait so long for her next book, which I hope is Hawker's story.

After I finished the book, I just had to re-read The Spymaster's Lady so in true nook owner form, I purchased it about 11:00 pm and read for about an hour, and then waking at 2:00 am and finishing it about 6:30 am.

There have been several other books I looked forward to, Lisa Kleypas Hathaway series being in the mix and of course, Sherry Thomas'.  I did enjoy Leo and Cat's story and look forward to Beatrix's.  Sherry Thomas' new book was very good also; I have to say that Not Quite a Husband is one of my absolute all time favorites so anything after that would have a lot to live up to.  I thought it was good but I did not connect in the same way with Vere and Ellisande as I did with Leo and Bryony.

I am looking forward to some of the books that have just come out like those from Stephanie Laurens and Eloisa James.

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

I just finished The Search by Nora Roberts and I loved it. It's definitely going on my top 10 for my midterm report card.

The Search

New User
scouty54
0 Kudos

Absolutely loved Forbidden Rose.  It was well worth the wait.  The author writes her female characters as strong, heroic women who know what they are about, but still feminine. Loved William! He is my kind of Man!! Guh! :smileywink:

I hope this book wins all the awards for best Romance Book. 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

scouty54 wrote:

Absolutely loved Forbidden Rose.  It was well worth the wait.  The author writes her female characters as strong, heroic women who know what they are about, but still feminine. Loved William! He is my kind of Man!! Guh! :smileywink:

Welcome to the board, Scouty54. I completely agree with everything you said here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

scouty54 wrote:

Isn't it wonderful?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Marisa-ONeill wrote:

I just finished The Search by Nora Roberts and I loved it. It's definitely going on my top 10 for my midterm report card.

The Search

I really enjoyed this book, too.

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Sinful

So I just read this a couple of days ago and I have to agree.. It is one of the best books I've read this year so far. Charlotte Featherstone blew it out of the water with this one. I hope she writes more in this series. The first one is

Addicted

Which is really good too. Plus, I love both of the covers. Very creative.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

for sinful, theres an epilogue on charlotte featherstone's website, if anyone is interested

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

We're closing in on the end of the year now, and All About Romance Novels is asking readers to vote for their Best Romances of 2010:

http://www.likesbooks.com/top100ballot2010.html