Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Must-Read March

Hi all,

I'll be posting the March releases each Tuesday in the NRT thread but there are several books not to be missed this month so I'll be posting more in-depth round-ups of those titles here.

And I'm starting with Katharine Ashe's When a Scot Loves a Lady (Falcon Club Series) . The ebook link is here: When a Scot Loves a Lady .

As many historical as I read, there's probably twice as many tossed onto the TBR pile - there are only so many hours in a day and I do have two toddlers to chase after. My point being that I've got three or four unread Ashes on the shelf, and each time I see one I think, "I've got to read that!"

This month I took action, and I'm so glad I did.There's so much to devour here: a Scots hero whose speech is almost undecipherable, a spine-of-steel heroine who is brave as she is bright, a trapped-together premise, a secret circle of spies, sensationally intelligent writing, and a true, week-in-the-knees love story.

Here's the story description:

London gossips are asking: What use has society of an exclusive gentleman’s club if no gentlemen are ever seen to pass through its door?

After years as an agent of the secret Falcon Club, Lord Leam Blackwood knows it’s time to return home to Scotland. One temptation threatens his plans—Kitty Savege. The scandal-plagued lady warms his blood like a dram of fine whiskey. But a dangerous enemy stands in the way of desire, and to beat this foe Leam needs Kitty’s help…

Kitty never wanted to spend her holidays in a wretched country village! With snow up to the windows, escape is nowhere in sight. A roguish Scottish lord, however, is. His rough brogue sends tingles of heat from Kitty’s frigid toes to her chilled nose, but she’s confident she can withstand that. What she cannot control is the reaction of her carefully guarded heart when she discovers this beast is, in fact, no beast at all…

Head on over to Katharine's website for some fun extras and a list of her ongoing blog tour. She's an author I am now determined to be ahead of the curve with...This book is the first in a new series involving the "Falcon Club" (see above re: secret spy circle) and so it's a great opportunity for you to try somebody new!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Must-Read March

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

And there's also a prequel novella available in ebook called Dire Warning  at a can't-miss price.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

And check out the author's website. It's beautiful!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

There was a character named Mac Oceanus in Janet Chapman's Midnight Bay series, a trio of books featuring time-travelling Highlanders who land in modern-day Maine.

Moonlight Warrior 

Dragon Warrior 

Mystical Warrior   

Spellbound Falls they are put to use! Not only does Mac have to forge a relationship with his newly-discoverd son, but he's decided that the war widow Olivia Baldwin would make a suitable wife. Of course love and romance and magic follow! You don't have to have read the previous books; Spellbound Falls  is meant to be the first of a new series and I think it stands alone fairly well, though Mac fans will enjoy reading his book.

Can I just say how much I love Maine as a setting? I know that I'm a New Englander and am therefore biased, but still. I just love it!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You've mentioned a lot of authors here that I follow - I can't keep up with them all!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

You've mentioned a lot of authors here that I follow - I can't keep up with them all!

And there's more to come...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors  

i'd missed this series but lucky for me all the books were in my TBR pile, because once I finished this one I went back and read the previous three:

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson Series #1) 

Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson Series #2) 

Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson Series #3)    

This series is just flat-out funny, and what appealed to me was the hapless vampire heroine Jane. She's like a vintage chick lit heroine, always getting into trouble, cracking wise, handling her man (a sexy vampire named Gabriel.) Sometimes the light-hearted vamp novels just hit the spot, and this one hit my funny bone. I really enjoyed it!

Edited to add the link to my Molly Harper H2H blog:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Heart-to-Heart-The-BN-Romance/ROMANTIC-READS-This-Week/ba-p/1...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I really rely on my Avon historical authors. It's such a relief when they arrive because I rarely don't love all of them!

Here are three from March that were really good:

Lynsay Sands is probably most known these days for her vampire books, but in my opinion she's had a real historical renaissance with The Countess and The Heiress.