Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
emily55
0 Kudos

Re: New Authors

I think there is just too many j names out there. Judith, Jude, Julie, Julia, johanna. It gets confusing!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

emily55 wrote:
I think there is just too many j names out there. Judith, Jude, Julie, Julia, johanna. It gets confusing!

I realized that after I named my kids Jessica and Jonathan. If you can believe it, I actually thought they were kind of unusual at the time. WHAT WAS I THINKING?
Frequent Contributor
skipster56
0 Kudos

You can now view the Web Page for Dangerous Love, 2010 A.D. at www.skipstover.com
View the new web page for Dangerous Love at www.skipstover.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

ReadsALot2 wrote:
I love Heather Graham's Vampire series. I like that her vampires are really, really good "guys". Even the werewolf is terrific! I love books that carry on with characters from previous stories.

Y'all have fun reading!!!

I love that series too, in fact anything by Heather Graham I'll read.

Deb
Author
JSHawley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am a new author out of Kensington Publishing/ Dafina books. I have two Contemporary Romances with Interracial couplings. I am also classified as an African-American Author so I cover several different categories. I'd love to be read. So spread the word.
Check me out on www.jshawley.com I also have a short with them entitled Another Tequila Mockingbird (Tekeelah and Mark Enberg) a Paranormal. My first.
I'm so siked.
J.S. Hawley

Links removed by Admin.

Message Edited by Maria_H on 03-07-2008 10:00 AM

Learn more about If You Were Mine.
New User
dressagelover21
0 Kudos

I really love to read romances! It's hard to find new good authors. Stephanie Meyers Twilight Saga is absolutley AMAZING! It's definiatly not your typical historical romance but i think that everyone should read her books. The Host which is also by Stephanie is also a really good book. Don't pass it by because of the sceince fiction part. It has a lot to do with the love between many characters. Perfect by Judith McNaught (I know she's not new but people should definaltly read it)  is the perfect romance book. I loved every page of it! I hope that helps a little bit, i know i only gave 1 newer author and another older 1 but they're really great books!
Contributor
ReadsALot2
0 Kudos

My 14-year-old granddaughter told me that Twilight was the BEST book she ever read and I should read it!  I was impressed that she read a book with 600 pages! I thought....do I really want to read a book about teen romance? BUT, being a 65-year-old grandmother who wanted to see what a 14 year-old thinks is good now days, I started reading it.  I have a VERY smart granddaughter!!!  I LOVED the book so much, I bought the next 2 and read those.  Couldn't wait 'til Breaking Dawn came out! I know the book is for "teens", but this "teen at heart" loved the series so far.  Hope BD has a good ending.

I bought The Host and enjoyed it SO much!  I don't know what it is, but 

Stephenie Meyer's stories just grab your attention and are very interesing.

I also discovered another author I like.....Nicholas Evans.  I read The Smoke Jumper.  I recommend it highly.  I loved the story very much.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi ReadsAlot2,

I also love Nicholas Evans Smoke Jumper I've read several of his and enjoyed them very much. I have a lot of friends who read the Twilight Series but I wasn't convinced that I (a mature woman) would care for a teen read I think you've just convinced me to try it. I love paranormal romance and fantasy and 600 pages doesn't faze me since one of my favorite authors Diana Gabaldon is very wordy in her Outlander series.

Thanks for the recommendation.