Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Kind of a big day in romance. Happy 200th book, Nora!!

The Witness 

An Accidental Affair 

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1) 

The Garden of Happy Endings     Quick note on this book: I LOVED it! See my review at Heart to Heart.

Twisted (Tracers Series #5) 

The Twilight Lord (World of Hetar Series #3) 

The Vampire Voss    

Definitely a big day!

Plus all the Harlequins which I never have time to list - but there are some good Blazes out as well as some historicals.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There's a lot to talk about today, starting with reissues. That's right: reissues.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Crystal Gardens  I got Amanda Quick, aka Jayne Ann Krentz's--newest crystal gardens. I am a little confused however, because it is a lady of lantern street novel, and her last book left so many unanswered questions. I was sure when i finished reading the last one that she would start a new trilogy in arcane. now im not so sure. This series seems to have nothing to do with the previous couple books. but it is manda quuick--anything happens, and for a specific purpose

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Another Tuesday, another dollar that we give to the publishers!

There are some terrific books out today; I can personally vouch for three of them and will be compiling a May recommendation thread later today. So, here are the hardcovers followed by paperbacks.

(Advance apologies for any mistaken books listed; it's hard to keep track of everything that's coming out so please know to read the publisher information when you're about to order a book.)

Born of Silence (League Series #5)  For more info on the League books, click here.

The Proposal   *I've read this and it's terrific. Very Austen-ian.

Paperbacks:

The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2)  - This is the second in Nora's trade paperback Boonsboro Inn trilogy. This was the first book: The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1)  

Angel's End  

Barefoot in the Sand 

Beguiling the Beauty 

Captivated 

The Claimed 

Danger That Is Damion 

Demon's Bride 

Embrace of the Damned 

Gentleman Says "I Do" 

The Girl's Guide to (Man)Hunting 

Highland Warrior 

Highland Warrior 

In the Company of Witches 

Karma  - loved this one! Part of her series that's set in Serendipity, Ohio.

Kiss of the Goblin Prince 

Kiss the Bride 

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal 

Larkspur Road                  

Cougars 

The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service 

Melt Into You 

Midnight Rescue 

My Lady Rival 

The Second Book of Grimm 

The Shifter 

Sound of the Heart 

Sparks Fly 

Sweet Spot 

Under Fire            

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I CAN'T KEEP UP!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Not only the first Tuesday of the month, but the first Tuesday of summer. There's a lot of reading to be done folks.

First, a book I know so many of you are looking forward to, in hardcover is:

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling Series #11)  

Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past--one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno...and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.

On to the paperbacks!

Against the Sun (Raines of Wind Canyon Series #6) 

Along Came a Duke 

Big Sky Country 

A Blood Seduction 

Charmed by His Love (Spellbound Falls Series #2) 

Courting Justice (Harlequin Kimani Arabesque Series) 

Darkness Becomes Her 

A Gentleman Undone 

Home for the Summer (Chesapeake Diaries Series #5) 

Hot for Fireman 

A Night Like This 

Rescue Me 

Seeker of Shadows 

Summer Days (Fool's Gold Series #7) 

Beach Season 

Bannon Brothers 

No Tan Lines                  

Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

Also out yesterday (and the book I'll be reading tonight!) is an ebook novella in Thea Harrison's Elder Races series.

Devil's Gate  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I meant to thank you, IrishContessa, for posting the link to that book last week! there are so many releases that I always overlook some, especially on the first Tuesdays of the month.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray

Folks. Start budgeting, seriously. Out today!

Ain't Misbehaving  - this is a debut, and it's good! More on it in my upcoming H2H column.

At Last 

Can't Buy Me Love 

Chasing Magic 

Coming Home 

Crazy for Love  - I linked to several VD reprints today, because I know so many of you love her. Harlequin has reissued a few of her titles at a really good price, hence the inclusion in new releases. But these are REPRINTS.

Summerland  - a hardcover

A Dangerous Kiss (Grayson Friends Series #7) 

The Dark Knight 

Darkness Devours (Dark Angels Series #3) 

Death, Taxes, and Extra-Hold Hairspray  - how great is this title?

A Duchess to Remember 

Home Again 

How to Be a Proper Lady (Falcon Club Series #2) 

Lead Me On 

Midnight Promises (Sweet Magnolias Series #8) 

Midnight's Lover 

No Strings Attached  This one isn't a new book, but it's a steamy one and in case you guys missed it the first time, I posted the link to this edition.

Ocean Beach 

Once Burned (Night Prince Series #1), Vol. 9  Yay! More Jeaniene!

Scandal Wears Satin (Dressmakers Series #2)  LOVED this book, and had been looking forward to it since Silk Is for Seduction (Dressmakers Series #1) . This is the middle sister's story.

A Scandalous Scot 

Secret of the Wolf 

Starlight  This Carrie Lofty's second book in this series and it's great. For more, check out my H2H column from a few weeks ago.

Start Me Up 

Summer Nights (Fool's Gold Series #8)  This next Fool's Gold book is good!

Talk Me Down 

Tarnished  - love this cover.

Thief of Shadows 

The Unholy 

The Way Back Home 

When Darkness Hungers (Shadow Keepers Series #6) 

Wicked Nights 

Willow Springs (Destiny, Ohio Series #5)                                   All the new erotica fans should definitely be reading Toni Blake!

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

There are some very good tempters here.  I can't wait to get the bookstore.  This is my first time seeing this blog and very anxious for more of your posts Melanie.  - Katrina

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

katrina25 wrote:

There are some very good tempters here.  I can't wait to get the bookstore.  This is my first time seeing this blog and very anxious for more of your posts Melanie.  - Katrina

Katrina, you've never seen this thread before??!!? how is that possible?! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

HAHA!  I know right! 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Wow Melanie - Between last week , this week and next week, I'm going to go broke !!!!

Anne  :smileysurprised: