Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Danicah wrote:
Thank you for these recommendations.  I'm "on them."  Since you mention Catherine Anderson, do you know when the promised Spring 2009 reprint of Comanche Heart will be available?  I cannot find it and would dearly love to read it, as Comanche Moon is one of the most interesting and captivating romances I've read--and I'm not even fond of the Native American genre!   

Welcome to the board, Danicah!

Comanche Heart will be available June 2!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I haven't read any of her books, but I have two or three of them in my TBR pile.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
I haven't read any of her books, but I have two or three of them in my TBR pile.
Oh she's good Becke you'll like her.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It's a good day for you series readers!

But also, lovers of Sherrilyn Kenyon, her latest collaboration is out. It's called

Whispered Lies and here's the book description:

In the suspenseful new thriller from New York Times bestselling coauthors Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love, a Bureau of American Defense agent must join forces with an informant he can neither trust nor resist.

Bureau of American Defense operative Carlos Delgado has spent the past sixteen years watching over his shoulder, waiting for death to catch up to him. His luck runs out when BAD intercepts an unexpected tip on the number one threat to United States security: the Fratelli de il Sovrano. Their best hope for uncovering a deadly plan that risks countless lives and threatens economic chaos just days before the presidential election is to capture a mysterious informant known as Mirage. But when Carlos takes her into custody, Mirage is not at all what he expected -- and neither is the threat she poses to the secrets he would die to protect.

Gabrielle Saxe has hidden from a killer for the past decade, sending anonymous tips on international criminals to intelligence agencies around the world. When a postcard arrives from a friend who is supposed to be dead, she takes a risk that catapults her into the midst of dangerous operatives on a treacherous mission -- and into the arms of a man who is duty-bound to surrender her to Interpol as an international felon. Carlos is the last person Gabrielle should trust and the only one standing between her and death. But little does she know, she holds the key to his survival as well.... 

On to the new series books:

The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (Silhouette Desire #1944) 

Propositioned Into A Foreign Affair (Silhouette Desire #1940)  

Hunting Down The Horseman (Harlequin Intrigue #1131)  

Billionaire Extraordinaire (Silhouette Desire #1939)  

Collecting Evidence (Harlequin Intrigue #1132)  

The Once And Future Prince (Silhouette Desire #1942)  

The Moretti Arrangement (Silhouette Desire #1943)  

Montana Mistress (Silhouette Desire #1941)  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Is the day after Memorial Day the official beginning of summer? Or is actually Memorial Day? I can never remember, but I guess it hardly matters because of all the reading I'll be doing clear on through to Labor Day!

Here are some of the books available beginning today:

This Duchess of Mine is the latest in Eloisa's Desperate Duchesses series, and what a great story she's cooked up for us! Read this description:

Wedding bells celebrating the arranged marriage between the lovely Duchess of Beaumont and her staid, imperturbable duke had scarcely fallen silent when a shocking discovery sent Jemma running from the ducal mansion. For the next nine years she cavorted abroad, creating one delicious scandal after another (if one is to believe the rumors).

Elijah, Duke of Beaumont, did believe those rumors. But the handsome duke needs an heir, so he summons his seductive wife home. Jemma laughs at Elijah’s cool eyes and icy heart—but to her secret shock, she doesn’t share his feelings. In fact, she wants the impossible: her husband’s heart at her feet. But what manner of seduction will make a man fall desperately in love…with his own wife?

For more on this and Eloisa's upcoming A Duke of Her Own, out in August, follow her on her blog tour!

A Hint of Wicked I read this Jennifer Haymore title last week, and it's great for those who appreciate a good love triangle. Sophie's husband Garrett, the Duke of Calton, is presumed dead at Waterloo, and she finds love again with his cousin and best friend, Tristan. They marry and then lo and behold Garrett returns from the dead. Very gripping!

Master of Craving  This is the third in Karin Tabke's Blood Sword Legacy series, after Master of Surrender and Master of Torment. Just read this description of the series - it sounds amazing to me! I'm going to try this author ASAP: Eight mercenary knights, each of them bound by unspeakable torture in a Saracen prison, each of them branded with the mark of the sword for life. Each of their destinies marked by a woman - each Blood Sword was destined to find only one woman in all of Christendom who would bear him and only him sons, and until that one woman was found, he would battle and ravage the land...

Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses Series #5)   This is the latest in Sabrina Jeffries' School for Heiresses series. Highly recommended!

Heartless This is a hardcover from Diana Palmer. After finishing the Linda Lael Miller Creed Trilogy, I definitely need a new cowboy book. And this one sounds very emotional, about a woman and man who are step-siblings, the hero vowing that he'll care for the heroine no matter what. He leaves to make his fortune, only to return to Texas and discover that his step-sister Gracie is all grown up. Only she's kept from giving in to her feelings for him by a dark secret...

Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores Series #2)  This is the third in Sherryl's wonderfully warm, rich Chesapeake Shores series, after The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores Series) and Flowers On Main. Read more about Sherryl and her books at her website.

Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters Series)  Susan Mallery's latest! Readers of this board know what fans we are of her books, so if you haven't tried one why not start now? This second in her Lone Star Sisters series has it all: the Texas setting, a Navy SEAL hero, a strong heroine who left afore-mentioned Navy SEAL at the altar eight years earlier...Sounds amazing, no?

One Reckless Summer  Toni Blake's latest is getting amazing reviews. One of the sexiest writers around, she'll be here next Wednesday to chat with us. For more on this book, check out her website and also this post.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

The mailman is going to have a box that won't fit in my mailbox today, because I had preordered several of these!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I can't even choose which ones I'm more excited about. They all look really good. I think I'm going to bring Sherryl Woods with me to the beach the summer...
Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Oh - man!  Some good ones today.

This one also came out today.  If you like vampires or the Black Dagger Brotherhood, you'll definitely like this series.

Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed Series #6) 

Jalana

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Today marks the release of Tails of Love. Click here to read about this wonderful book and the cause it's supporting.

And now on to some of the books available today!

Dirty Sexy Knitting by Christie Ridgway. Eloisa talked about this one in her latest column. She's quickly become one of my must-read authors.

Charmed and Dangerous by Toni McGee Causey. This one sounds hilarious and very Stephanie Plum-esque. Read the story description: When Bobbie Faye wakes up on the morning of the Lake Charles Contraband Days Festival, she’s looking forward to balloons, booze, and babies in pirate costumes. Instead, she discovers that her trailer’s flooded, her no-good brother’s been kidnapped, and the criminals are demanding her mom’s tiara as ransom. Soon Bobbie Faye is committing (unintentional) bank robbery and (fully intentional) car jacking to retrieve her family heirloom. The one bright spot comes in the hard-muscled, impossibly sexy form of Trevor, the guy whose truck she just took hostage. Luckily, Bobbie Faye knows how to outsmart angry bears, drive a speedboat, and handle a gun. As for handling Trevor? No gun-shyness there. Now, if only that pesky state police detective, who also happens to be a pissed-off ex-boyfriend, would stay out of her way . . .

The Scot and I by Elizabeth Thornton is a historical with a paranormal bent, about a psychic agent for Her Majesty’s Secret Service who's chasing a mysterious lady.

Undead and Unwelcome (Betsy Taylor Series #8) is the latest in MaryJanice Davidson's Undead series. This one's a hardcover.

Demons Not Included by Cheyenne McCray. I'm a big fan of this author. Here's the description of this one: Meet Nyx. This half-human, half–Drow private eye investigates paranormal crimes by day and is an elite Tracker of demons by night. She prefers working solo—and playing rough. So when a terrifying force starts murdering innocent humans and paranorms, and leaving strange demonic symbols burned into their buildings, it’s a case Nyx takes very personally… Meanwhile, Nyx’s fellow Trackers are being killed one by one—and a sexy new Tracker named Torin is shadowing her every move. Torin has powers Nyx can’t read, and sometimes she wonders whose side he’s on. Nyx’s instincts tell her something’s brewing in the city’s meanest supernatural streets, and that it’s ready to unleash hell on Earth. Who can she trust? Now it’s five minutes to permanent midnight…and Nyx’s last chance means risking everything—even her own life.

Faeries Gone Wild  The title says it all about this anthology by MaryJanice Davidson, Lois Greiman, Michele Hauf, and Leandra Logan.

Kissing Midnight is the latest vampire novel from author Emma Holly. For those of you who like a sexy read...

Kiss of the Phantom by Julie Leto. I'm not familiar with this author, but the story description sold me. Treasure seeker Mariah Hunter has traveled to a remote corner of Germany in search of a stone that could solve her financial troubles. But from the moment she touches the artifact, Mariah is haunted by erotic images of a mysterious man named Rafe who appears just in time to save her from certain death. But as she finds herself undeniably drawn to her dark savior, it might be Rafe who is the real danger to her heart... This is the third book in her "Phantom" series, after Phantom Pleasures and Phantom's Touch.

Red Kiss by Deidre Knight

And available in paperback today:

Salvation in Death (In Death Series #27)  

Domestic Affairs  

And here are some reissues of interest:

Comanche Heart  

Talk of the Ton is an anthology by Eloisa James, Julia London, Rebecca Hagan Lee, and Jacqueline Navin featuring Eloisa's novella “A Proper Englishwoman.”

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've already preordered two of these, and I'm going to pick up Tails of Love this weekend. But now it looks like my TBR pile is going to grow even more!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

The new Johanna Lindsey hardcover arrives today! Hurrah!

A Rogue of My Own. Here's the story description:

How does an innocent lady find herself forced to wed a royal spy who seduced her -- by mistake? For Lady Rebecca Marshall, a whirlwind of passion and excitement begins when, to her mother's great delight, she becomes a maid of honor at the court of Queen Victoria. Rebecca's mother sees this appointment as a golden opportunity for Rebecca to make a good match.

At court, Rebecca innocently steps into the rivalry between the queen's spymaster and the noblewoman in charge of the maids of honor who is using the maids to spy on powerful courtiers. Soon Rebecca is entangled in a web of deceit with the charming marquis Rupert St. John. The devastatingly handsome n'er-do-well is the cousin of Raphael Locke, with whom Rebecca was once infatuated. What she doesn't know is that Rupert is a secret agent of the crown who leads a double life.

When Rupert obtains proof that Rebecca is spying on him, he seduces her. He hardly suspects her guileless nature. Forced to the altar, Rupert believes that Rebecca has set a trap of the worst sort in order to marry into his powerful family. Although he vows never to be faithful to his beautiful wife, as Rupert comes to know Rebecca's wit, adventurous spirit, and generous nature, his vow of revenge turns into a desire to share many passionate nights only with his wife for the rest of his life.

And Catherine Coulter's latest FBI thriller is out today too:

Knock Out (FBI Series #13) 

Seven-year-old Autumn Backman has a gift: She can communicate telepathically with others. Not everyone, mind you, but with a select few with whom she shares a special kinship. When Autumn and her mother, Joanna, take her father’s ashes to be buried in the family plot in Brickers Bowl, Georgia, the child witnesses a horrifying sight: her grandmother and two uncles, burying a pile of dead bodies in the middle of the night. They head to Titusville, Virginia, to seek the help of an old family friend, but Autumn senses they need assistance on a grand scale. Using her telepathic powers, Autumn calls a man she’d seen only on television: FBI agent Dillon Savich. But before Savich and his wife and partner, Agent Lacey Sherlock, can get on the scene, Autumn and Joanna flee, fearing the retribution of her uncle Blessed. A huge manhunt ensues, with Titusville Sheriff Ethan Merriweather racing to reach the girl before Blessed can get his hands on her. Blessed’s got big things planned for Autumn and her gift, and he’ll stop at nothing to force her into his growing army of exploited children. Savich, Sherlock, and Merriweather face their most elusive foes to keep Autumn out of harm’s way—before it’s too late.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wow Melanie two of my favorites can't wait.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

One of my friends gave me a huge box of Catherine Coulter books to read, because I mentioned I wasn't sure if I'd read any of hers. Now I've got a whole separate TBR pile for her!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
One of my friends gave me a huge box of Catherine Coulter books to read, because I mentioned I wasn't sure if I'd read any of hers. Now I've got a whole separate TBR pile for her!
Oh you poor thing. :womanvery-happy:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Happy First Tuesday of summer, folks! Here's what's available today:

Run to Me is a suspense from author Christy Reece. The story description: Driven by grief and fury, Shea Monroe, an operative for Last Chance Rescue, goes deep undercover, vowing vengeance against the man who killed her husband. Instead, she ends up a captive and the unwilling weapon of a vicious human trafficker. But then she is rescued from her den of terror and shame by her husband’s best friend, Ethan Bishop, a man Shea feels irrevocably drawn to, despite her having lost all memory of her life before she was captured.

Having saved Shea from a madman, Ethan will do anything to keep her safe, but he can’t allow the feelings he once had for her to resurface. While recovering from her ordeal and regaining her lost memory, Shea begins to fall for Ethan. But the treachery and tragedies of the past won’t leave either of them alone. And from Mexico, a monster has sent his foot soldiers to seize Shea–using a weapon beyond anyone’s worst nightmare.

Taken by Sin is the fourth in Jaci Burton's series of Demon Hunter books. This one takes place just after the end of Darkest Touch, where the hero Dalton saved the life of Isabelle. This one is full of sex and danger. Here's the story description, from the author's website: It’s a mission that could cost him his career and his life. But the woman he just rescued—his lover for one unforgettable night—has something Dalton desperately needs. That’s why the fearless demon hunter is risking everything to spirit Isabelle to a secret hideaway in the Louisiana bayou. Saving her is one thing. Banishing the demon inside her is another. Especially when this gorgeous seductress brings out the devil in him.

Isabelle can see the passion roaring inside Dalton—and it both frightens and arouses her. Is Dalton her enemy or her savior? All she knows is he’s beyond seductive and igniting all sorts of conflicting feelings. All Dalton knows is that they’re both in big trouble—hunted by demons and demon hunters alike in an all-out war for survival. As their pursuers close in and passion overtakes them both, Dalton must make a stunning choice…. Caught between sin and salvation, between darkness and light, will he make the ultimate sacrifice to save the woman he loves?

Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School for Heiresses Series #6) This is one of my favorite titles ever. (Though not advice I like my historical heroines to follow...) Sabrina Jeffries' latest and last School for Heiresses book is the story of Charlotte:

At eighteen, Charlotte Page made a life-altering mistake. She wronged a man in an impulsive act that she came to deeply regret, though it led her to her present life as Mrs. Charlotte Harris, owner of Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies. Unbeknownst to her, that man is now her anonymous benefactor, the mysterious "Cousin Michael." His masquerade began as preparation for a devastating revenge, but became a labor of love. Now Charlotte desperately needs his help. Can he save her from disaster as his real self without revealing the ugly secret behind his charade? Or will the mistakes of both their pasts tear them apart forever?

Real Men Last All Night So true, so true...I'm detecting a theme this Tuesday. Great titles! This is a perfect-for-the-beach anthology from favorites Lori Foster, Lora Leigh, Cheyenne McCray and Heidi Betts. Very sexy!

becke_davis

These all sound really good, and I think I have the last one on pre-order.

I have to comment on this one, though (and it is a great title!):

Wed Him Before You Bed Him (School for Heiresses Series #6) This is one of my favorite titles ever. (Though not advice I like my historical heroines to follow...) Sabrina Jeffries' latest and last School for Heiresses book is the story of Charlotte:

At eighteen, Charlotte Page made a life-altering mistake. She wronged a man in an impulsive act that she came to deeply regret, though it led her to her present life as Mrs. Charlotte Harris, owner of Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies. Unbeknownst to her, that man is now her anonymous benefactor, the mysterious "Cousin Michael." His masquerade began as preparation for a devastating revenge, but became a labor of love. Now Charlotte desperately needs his help. Can he save her from disaster as his real self without revealing the ugly secret behind his charade? Or will the mistakes of both their pasts tear them apart forever?

One of my favorite stories as a young teenager was DADDY LONG-LEGS by Jean Webster, and its sequel DEAR ENEMY. There was a famous movie based on the first book, starring Fred Astaire and Leslie Caron. The Sabrina Jeffries book reminds me of Daddy Long-legs, in a good way, so I'm going to have to read it!

One of the great novels of American girlhood, Jean Webster's Daddy-Long- Legs (1912) follows the adventures of an orphan named Judy Abbott, whose letters to her anonymous male benefactor trace her development as an independent thinker and writer. Its sequel, Dear Enemy(1915), also told in letters, follows the progress of Judy's former orphanage now run by her friend Sallie McBride, who struggles to give her young charges hope and a new life. Full of irrepressible female characters that both recall Alcott's Jo March and anticipate the popular heroines of contemporary literature, Webster's novels are witty, heartfelt, and delightfully modern.

An orphaned girl named Judy Abbott and an unknown, unseen benefactor who sends her to college and whom she refers to as "Daddy-Long-Legs" are the two principals in this immensely popular modern-day fairy tale. Told through Judy's letters and illustrated by her own quaint drawings, DADDY-LONG-LEGS is a profound and tender homage to the power of awakening love.

Daddy-Long-Legs   Daddy-Long-Legs and Dear Enemy   Daddy Long Legs  

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

I think I am finally going to purchase one of the new releases,you are all so passionate about this genre,that I know which one I am going to buy,but won't tell..Just a Big Thank you ...in my suggested reading one Erotic Novel was "Suggested"  I believe that BN ,has a good system of suggestions,except when they kept suggestiing all of these Christian Books,they were really off base,all is forgiven..now on to my Erotic Read ....Vtc
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

What a monster day of new releases. So many great books from so many great authors!

Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters Series #3) is the third book in Susan Mallery's Lone Star Sisters trilogy, after Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters Series) and Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters Series).

Suddenly One Summer is the first in Barbara Freethy's new Angel's Bay series.

Bending the Rules Susan Andersen's latest is the romance between an intense cop-with-a-past and a sexy, free-spirited woman who challenges both his patience and his self-control.

Bound by Your Touch Meredith Duran is a newcomer to the historical scene, but I highly recommend her. She is a wonderful writer and an author to keep your eye on. Try this new title, Written on Your Skin or Duke of Shadows.

My Wicked Marquess  by Gaelen Foley To London's aristocracy, the Inferno Club is a scandalous society of men no proper young lady would acknowledge. But though they are publicly notorious for pursuing all manner of debauchery, in private they are warriors who would do anything to protect king and country. As a member of the Inferno Club, the Marquess of Rotherstone knows there is only one way to redeem himself in Society's eyes: marry a lady of impeccable beauty and breeding, whose reputation is, above all, spotless. Someone quite unlike Daphne Starling. True, she's temptingly lovely, but a jilted suitor has nearly ruined her reputation. Still, Max cannot resist her allure—or the challenge of proving London's gossips wrong. He would do anything to win her hand . . . and show that even a wicked marquess can make a perfect husband.

Don't Tempt Me Spunky English girl overcomes impossible odds and outsmarts heathen villains. That's the headline when Zoe Lexham returns to England. After twelve years in the exotic east, she's shockingly adept in the sensual arts. She knows everything a young lady shouldn't and nothing she ought to know. She's a walking scandal, with no hope of a future . . . unless someone can civilize her. Lucien de Grey, the Duke of Marchmont, is no knight in shining armor. He's cynical, easily bored, and dangerous to women. He charms, seduces, and leaves them—with parting gifts of expensive jewelry to dry their tears. But good looks, combined with money and rank, makes him welcome everywhere. The most popular bachelor in the Beau Monde can easily save Zoe's risque reputation . . . if the wayward beauty doesn't lead him into temptation, and a passion that could ruin them both.

What Happens in London   You can't go wrong with the books of Julia Quinn. Here's the story description for her latest: When Olivia Bevelstoke is told that her new neighbor may have killed his fiancee, she doesn't believe it for a second, but, still, how can she help spying on him, just to be sure? So she stakes out a spot near her bedroom window, cleverly concealed by curtains, watches, and waits . . . and discovers a most intriguing man, who is definitely up to something. Sir Harry Valentine works for the boring branch of the War Office, translating documents vital to national security. He's not a spy, but he's had all the training, and when a gorgeous blonde begins to watch him from her window, he is instantly suspicious. But just when he decides that she's nothing more than an annoyingly nosy debutante, he discovers that she might be engaged to a foreign prince, who might be plotting against England. And when Harry is roped into spying on Olivia, he discovers that he might be falling for her himself . . .

Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters Series #7)  This is the seventh Drake Sisters book.

Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress Series #4)  by Gena Showalter The war between otherworlders and humans changed Earth beyond recognition. It also saved Bride McKells's life. Before, the gorgeous vampire was a target for every fanatic with a stake and a crucifix. Now, she's free to roam the streets -- and desperate to find others of her kind. One man claims to have the answers she seeks. Devyn, King of the Targons, is a warrior and a womanizer, and he makes no secret of how much he wants Bride -- and how dangerous he could be to her in every way. An avid collector of women, Devyn easily seduces human and otherworlder alike. Until now. Not only does Bride resist him, but she leaves Devyn feeling something entirely new...a bone-deep need bordering on obsession. Her blood is the key to curing a vicious alien disease, but helping Bride uncover her origins will compel her to choose between electrifying passion and a destiny that could tear her from Devyn's side forever.

A Stroke of Magic  This is Tracy Madison's second book, after A Taste of Magic. It's the story of single, pregnant Alice Raymond, who must find her true love before her baby is born.

Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss Series #2)   The latest in Marjorie M. Liu's Hunter Kiss series is the story of demon hunter Maxine Kiss and a man who can control all creatures with music.

Huntress is an anthology with stories by Christine Warren, Marjorie M. Liu, Caitlin Kittredge, and Jenna Maclaine.

The Mist is a globe-trotting FBI suspense from author Carla Neggers.

I Shot You Babe is the final book in Leslie Langtry's hilarious series about the Bombay clan, a family of assassins.

Ice  A woman returns to Alaska when her family disappears in a climbing incident, and must trust a sexy bush pilot when her life is suddenly in danger.

There's a theme in today's notable reissues:

Move Heaven and Earth  

Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars Series) 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

*sigh* Off to the bookstore.