becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

What? There's a new Linda Howard? How did I not have that on pre-order?

Thanks for listing the category releases - there are a lot of great authors there. I've read Liz Fielding, Brenda Jackson, Maureen Child and Cassie Miles, probably others, too.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

What? There's a new Linda Howard? How did I not have that on pre-order?

And the cover's beautiful, too:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

She's always been a favorite of mine -- I LOVED Burn, her summer release.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I too Love,Love,Love Linda Howard. And I'll be picking up my copy of Ice very soon.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i too think of linda howard as a favorite author. ive liked alot of her books, including burn

i didnt hear about ice until i looked on these threads this evening!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I put this one reserve at the library. I got some other books by Linda to read. I see many of you like her and I thought I would try her out.

I picked up some books when I was shopping last night. I got the following:

Kindred in Death (In Death Series #29) 

I started this and will finish reading my own. I can now return this to the library for the next person to read.

I am really liking this book.

To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #4) 

I just got this book and want to get the other to this series.

Born of Night (League Series #1) 

I just picked up this one too. I like her books.

Born of Fire (League Series #2) 

This is the final on I got.

I want to get book 1 and 3. I need to find out what they are.

ReadingPatti

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

I just picked up this one too. I like her books.

This is the final on I got.

I want to get book 1 and 3. I need to find out what they are.

ReadingPatti

ReadingPatti,

Here is the order of Sherrilyn's League series:

Born of Ice (League Series #3)  And there are two stories in anthologies, too. Go here for more.

Frequent Contributor
dja1231
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:I read the first one. I down load the 2nd book to my e-book. I liked it. And looking forward is getting into book 2. I am waiting I just started JR Ward's Covet.

Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1) 

Donna A.

Life is to short to be crabby!
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I saw on a website that is was different than you said. I am sorry that I got it wrong.

I will look for the Born In Inc

ReadingPatti

Contributor
JoWe
0 Kudos

I have read all of Veronica Wolf's books. I thought they were some of the best out there. She is a great story teller, rich in history and absolutely fantastic dialogue.

becke_davis

Oh, I met her this summer! She's soooo nice! (Covers aren't half bad, either!)

Master of the Highlands 

Sword of the Highlands

Warrior of the Highlands

Lord of the Highlands

Melanie_Murray

Her website is gorgeous, too. www.veronicawolff.com

becke_davis wrote:

Oh, I met her this summer! She's soooo nice! (Covers aren't half bad, either!)

Master of the Highlands 

Sword of the Highlands

Warrior of the Highlands

Lord of the Highlands

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh wow, you aren't kidding!

Melanie_Murray

[ Edited ]

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! This year we can all give thanks for these new books!

Today marks the release of our December Feature, The Sweethearts' Knitting Club, by Lori Wilde. Lori might be the sweetest author alive, and I'm so happy that she's going to be sharing with us her thoughts on this new book. You don't have to knit to love this one: all you need to enjoy are stories of high school sweethearts torn apart, bad boys, and small Texas towns where everybody knows your business. Here's the story description:

For ten years, pretty Flynn MacGregor has been turning down the same solid, upright man's marriage proposal. Her friends at the Sweethearts' Knitting Club tell her they're a match made in heaven, but Flynn knows there's only one reason why she keeps saying no: high school sweetheart Jesse Calloway. She was just sixteen when Jesse was forced out of town under a cloud of suspicion . . . but he's never left her heart. Now Jesse is back, and every time she turns the corner he's there—gazing at her with his smoldering eyes and tempting her with his kisses. Jesse has never played by the rules, and he's made it clear that he's not going to now. And Flynn, who's always done just what her family, friends, and fellow knitters have told her to do, must finally break free and claim the love that binds Jesse to her heart.

Sold to a Laird by Karen Ranney When Douglas Eston arrives at the home of the Duke of Herridge, he expects to leave with an investment—not a wife! But when he meets Lady Sarah Baines, the stubborn beauty whose virtue her father would willingly sell, Douglas finds himself utterly entranced and desperate to protect her. Lady Sarah Baines always knew her father was cruel. But this time he's gone too far. Demanding that she marry a complete stranger—even an absurdly handsome one with eyes the color of a dawn sky—is utterly ridiculous. She swears she'll never submit to the wanton delights of the marriage bed. But soon Douglas's considerable charms prove impossible to resist . . . and the decadent ecstasy he offers shows Sarah that an affair that began with business can end with the ultimate pleasure.

Dark Side of Dawn This is the second book in Kathryn Smith's Nightmare Chronicles series, after Before I Wake. Becke, are you drooling over this cover?

For Your Arms Only by Caroline Linden He was once a distinguished army officer, a man of honor and heroism. But that was before Alexander Hayes was wrongly accused of treason. Forced to abandon everything he held dear, Alec became a spy for England in an attempt to clear his name. His latest commission: locate a retired soldier gone missing. But it sends him back home, to a woman who'd like to shoot him. Everything Cressida Turner's ever heard about Alec tells her that he's a traitor of the worst kind, and yet this enigmatic, infuriating, and utterly captivating man may be the only person she can trust—and the only one who can find her missing father. With nowhere else to turn, she reluctantly joins forces with Alec, unprepared for both the dangerous secrets that threaten them and the relentless passion that drives them into each other's arms.

Rion is the second in Susan Kearney's Pendragon Legacy series; the first book is Lucan. Marisa Rourke is a beautiful, fearless telepath who tames dragonshapers on Earth. Rion is a tall, dark, and sexy space explorer whose home planet is a galaxy away. The attraction between them is undeniable, but Rion is hiding a desperate secret that will change Marisa's life forever. Marisa's gift is the only way Rion can communicate with his people, enslaved by a powerful enemy. He knows that kidnapping her is wrong, but saving his planet is worth sparking the fiery clairvoyant's fury. Yet hotter-and more explosive-is the psychic bond growing between Marisa and Rion. Could their passion be the key to freeing Rion's people? Only if he and Marisa can discover how to channel their desire . . . before a vicious enemy destroys them all.

Knight of Pleasure by Margaret Mallory. Lady Isobel Hume is an expert swordswoman who knows how to choose her battles. When the king asks her to wed a French nobleman to form a political alliance, she agrees. But that's before the devilishly charming Sir Stephen Carleton captures her heart-and tempts her to betray her betrothed, her king, and her country.

Bandit Queen by Jane Candia Coleman. Overnight, she became a media sensation. Pearl Hart, “the Bandit Queen.” The first woman sentenced to the infamous Yuma Penitentiary. To the newspapers, she was nothing more than a sassy firebrand who held up a stagecoach in daring fashion. They didn’t understand the desperation that led her to hit the outlaw trail. They didn’t see the bruises behind her tough façade. They didn’t know she’d do anything to escape….

Chill by Stephanie Rowe. Luke Webber thinks he’s erased his entire history. New name, new life, no paper trail. He thinks that up in the wilds of Alaska no one will find him. He’s wrong. When Isabella shows up on his doorstep, she’s got a bullet in her shoulder and all that Luke’s been trying to avoid is hot on her trail. Without his help, she’ll die. But helping her will mean surrendering everything—his body, his heart…and quite possibly his life.

Delilah by India Edghill is a retelling of the classic Samson and Delilah story in hardcover.

Heart of the Witch by Alicia Dean. There is a monster on the loose, a serial killer murdering young women near Oklahoma City. But while the villain claims to be heartless, he's not beyond making a mistake. This time he left his prey alive, and ex-homicide detective Nick Lassiter plans to use her to crack the case wide open. Yet, Ravyn Skyler remembers little of the crime, and for a victim, she has a deep reserve of quiet strength. In her eyes he sees both helpless waif and merciless vigilante, and in her kiss he tastes both passion and power. With a tale of a tin man, it only seems fair that there's a witch. And this witch guards a secret that threatens not only their lives, but their souls.

Flirt is a collection of three urban romances from authors Tracy Brown, K'wan, and Angel Mitchell.

Hard to Hold by Stephanie Tyler. Lieutenant Jake Hansen has survived some of the riskiest missions known to man. But now the wounded Navy SEAL faces his toughest job yet: smuggling Dr. Isabelle Markham out of Africa without triggering an international incident. Not easy to do when the gorgeous hostage happens to be a senator’s daughter—and about as easy to resist as an oasis in the desert. If it weren’t for Jake, Isabelle would still be halfway across the world, where rebel forces left her for dead. The special ops warrior may have saved her life, but she doesn’t need him to protect her now. Tell that to the ruggedly handsome hunk in full battle fatigues who’s just been assigned as Isabelle’s personal bodyguard. Close quarters aside, Isabelle won’t let Jake anywhere near her heart—until danger throws them together again. And nothing in the jungles of wildest Africa could prepare them for a passion this wild. This crazy. This hot…

Divorced, Desperate and Deceived by Christie Craig. Of the Divorced, Desperate and Delicious club, Kathy Callahan is the last surviving member. Oh, her two friends haven’t died or anything. They just gave up their vows of chastity. They went for hot sex with hot cops and got happy second marriages—something Kathy can never consider, given her past. Yet there’s always her plumber, Stan Bradley. He seems honest, hardworking, and skilled with a tool. But Kathy’s best-laid plans have hit a clog. The guy snaking her drain isn’t what he seems. He’s handier with a pistol than a pipe wrench, and she’s about to see more action than Jason Statham. The next forty-eight hours promise hot pursuit, hotter passion and a super perky pug, and at the end of this wild escapade, Kathy and her very own undercover lawman will be flush with happiness—assuming they both survive.

Getting Lucky  by Elaine Barbieri. San Francisco, 1849 Gold. Adventure. Sin. There was only one way for a woman to earn a living on its wild streets—pleasing the rough men driven there by lust for riches. The Walker Desperate. Defenseless. Desirable. After collapsing outside his gambling tent, Tessa White swore she would do anything—anything at all—to repay the man who’d saved her life. The Gambler Womanizer. Loner. Lover. Lucky Monroe had his pick of whores eager to cater to his every whim—what did he want with a little virgin so stubborn she’d walked across the Rockies in the wake of a wagon train, possessing only the clothes on her back? In a city where vice rules and innocence is a liability, the first step toward love is…GETTING LUCKY.

The Lost is an anthology containing a brand new Eve Dallas story! There are also novellas contributed by authors Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and Ruth Ryan Langan. All the stories are about characters who are "lost" in some way.

Our Little Secret by Starr Ambrose. Lauren Sutherland tries to set a good example for her twin sister, from her practical job to her dependable, if boring, fiancé. So when impulsive Meg elopes with her boss, a U.S. senator twice her age, Lauren hops on a plane to talk her into an annulment...but comes face-to-face with the senator's handsome son, Drew, instead. Demanding to know what she's done with his father, Drew is as infuriating as he is annoyingly irresistible. But he's not the only one who mistakes Lauren's identity. A relentless foe is on a deadly hunt for the missing newlyweds -- unless Lauren and Drew can find them first. Venturing into the elite Washington social scene, they discover an elaborate web of explicit photos and blackmail, but the biggest surprise is the fiery attraction they can barely control. The clock is ticking, and while the sparks between Lauren and Drew burn hot, the trail of clues is growing cold....

Night of the Wolves by Heather Graham is a brand new series about, as her webiste says, "Vampire Hunters in the Wild, Wild West!"

Untraceable by Laura Griffin is the first book in a new romantic suspense series. Be careful what you look for…you might find it. Private investigator Alexandra Lovell uses computer skills and cunning to help clients drop off the radar and begin new lives in safety. Melanie Bess, desperate to escape her abusive husband, was one of those clients. But when Melanie vanishes for real, Alex fears the worst and sets out to discover what happened. Using every resource she can get her hands on—including an elite team of forensic scientists known as the Tracers, and a jaded, sexy detective who’s helped her before--Alex embarks on a mission to uncover the truth, one clue at a time. Homicide cop Nathan Devereaux wants to believe that Alex’s hunch about Melanie’s murder is wrong, but his instincts—and their visceral attraction—won’t let him walk away. As a grim picture of what really happened begins to emerge, he realizes this investigation runs deeper than they ever imagined. And each step nearer the truth puts Alex in danger of being the next to disappear. . . .

becke_davis
0 Kudos

What? Once again I apparently bought a book before it was released - the Christie Craig. ????!!!!

Lots of good ones here. No possibility of my TBR diminishing, at this rate.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Oh I've got a few of these on pre-order so hopefully I'll have plenty of reading to do whilst eating leftover turkey, you know that's the only time I buy white bread because you just can't have turkey and mayo with out the white bread.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

What? Once again I apparently bought a book before it was released - the Christie Craig. ????!!!!

Lots of good ones here. No possibility of my TBR diminishing, at this rate.

I don't think all bookstores respect release dates. :smileywink:

Today's full of good books, and there's something for everyone: historical fiction, suspense, paranormals...

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke_davis, Boy, you sure know how to pick books with some hot covers. These look really good. I must get them and put them in my TBR pile. My pile is growing. I don't know when I will ever get to it as I keep getting those darn library books. I must finish the library books and start on my TBR pile or it may attack me.

Thanks for the great suggestions.

I am glad that you are feeling better.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, thanks the new update. My TBR pile is still growing. I must stop getting library books and start reading my own books. I think they are feeling very neglected or may attack me.

I am a big fan of Karen Ranney and Kathryn Smith.

Thanks for all the work.

I am so ready to start the Truly Madly book. It looks good.

Truly, Madly 

I am reading Whistling in the Dark by Amanda Harte. It is one of her War Brides series. I have read her other ones and I read the series that have the carousel theme in them. These are quick and good romances and don't take much time to read.

Whistling in the Dark 

I am finishing Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning. It is really good and I can't wait for the last one of the series to come out. It is going to be call Shadowfever.

Dreamfever (Fever Series #4) 

I have some other that I am also working on some other books..

I have start the last book for our club  It Margaret Maron's The Bootlegger's Daugther. Seems good so far.

Bootlegger's Daughter (Deborah Knott Series #1) 

Keep up the great work. I love Release Tuesday.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Patti - You've got some good books there! As to your earlier comment, I've become a connoisseur of hot covers since I hit menopause. Just because I'm past 50, that doesn't mean I've lost my appreciation for the finer things in life!