Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Correspondent
JalMor77
Posts: 129
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Two words... HOLY MOLY!!!

_______________________________________________________________

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
_______________________________________________________________
Blogger
Maria_Lokken
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎03-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Thanks for the list Melanie - it's my go to list for new reads.

 

I think it's a great idea to have a "New & Recommended" thread.  I'm always interested in other's recommendations.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎07-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

I think that the New and Recommended thread would also be a good idea. I like seeing what others are reading and what they thought was good enough to keep and tell others about. I also think this will take some of the pressure off of Melanie on the new release tuesday thread. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

 


JalMor77 wrote:

Two words... HOLY MOLY!!!


 

I concur a lot of great new romances out this week.

 

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

I have a bunch of these on preorder (although they haven't arrived yet), but I can see I need to make a trip to the book store to pick up a few I missed!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
Posts: 533
Registered: ‎04-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

If there was a smily that had it's jaw dropping the the floor, I would totally use it.. I guess this will have to do. :smileysurprised:

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Hey guys, I'm glad you're all on board for a new "recommended" thread. I like that we have a place where I can post the new releases, but writing mini-reviews here is getting to be too much for me (obviously, since I haven't done it in weeks!) You all have been so patient with me so I thank you for that. I'll start the new thread next week when I load the August Features threads. I think one thread that's on-going, like this one and the "What are you Reading now?" thread will be good....if there are any objections to that, either post here or shoot me a PM.

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

[ Edited ]

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hey guys, I'm glad you're all on board for a new "recommended" thread. I like that we have a place where I can post the new releases, but writing mini-reviews here is getting to be too much for me (obviously, since I haven't done it in weeks!) You all have been so patient with me so I thank you for that. I'll start the new thread next week when I load the August Features threads. I think one thread that's on-going, like this one and the "What are you Reading now?" thread will be good....if there are any objections to that, either post here or shoot me a PM.


 

Melanie as one of your staunchest ro-maniacs I like the suggestion you made, and as far as patience with you, paleeeese, with two tiny ones underfoot where are you supposed to get the time, I know, stop sleeping. Of course we understand.

 

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
Posts: 533
Registered: ‎04-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Lot's of goodies this week!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Scribe
ReadingPatti
Posts: 2,530
Registered: ‎10-24-2008
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Melanie_Murray, More great reads. I love this thread. You keep me in books and my TBR pile is gowing.

 

ReadingPatti

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

I've been reading a lot, but my TBR pile has gone UP - thanks to all these great new releases.

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!


ReadingPatti wrote:

Melanie_Murray, More great reads. I love this thread. You keep me in books and my TBR pile is gowing.

 

ReadingPatti


 

I'm so glad!

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Veil of Night  

 

Jaclyn Wilde is a wedding planner who loves her job—usually. But helping Carrie Edwards with her Big Day has been an unrelenting nightmare. Carrie is a bridezilla of mythic nastiness, a diva whose tantrums are just about as crazy as her demands. But the unpleasant task at hand turns seriously criminal when Carrie is brutally murdered and everyone involved with the ceremony is accusing one another of doing the deed.

The problem is, most everyone—from the cake maker and the florist to the wedding-gown retailer and the bridesmaids’ dressmaker—had his or her own reason for wanting the bride dead, including Jaclyn. And while those who felt Carrie’s wrath are now smiling at her demise, Jaclyn refuses to celebrate tragedy, especially since she finds herself in the shadow of suspicion.

Assigned to the case, Detective Eric Wilder finds that there’s too much evidence pointing toward too many suspects. Compounding his problems is Jaclyn, with whom he shared one deeply passionate night before Carrie’s death. Being a prime suspect means that Jaclyn is hands-off just when Eric would rather be hands-on. As the heat intensifies between Eric and Jaclyn, a cold-blooded murderer moves dangerously close. And this time the target is not a bride but one particularly irresistible wedding planner, unaware of a killer’s vow.

Contributor
mvwolpert
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎01-14-2010
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

I need to stop coming out to this blog. My Wish list if getting too full. Soon B&N is going to tell me I cant add anymore. :smileyvery-happy:

Moderator
becke_davis
Posts: 35,755
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

 


Melanie_Murray wrote:

Veil of Night  

 

Jaclyn Wilde is a wedding planner who loves her job—usually. But helping Carrie Edwards with her Big Day has been an unrelenting nightmare. Carrie is a bridezilla of mythic nastiness, a diva whose tantrums are just about as crazy as her demands. But the unpleasant task at hand turns seriously criminal when Carrie is brutally murdered and everyone involved with the ceremony is accusing one another of doing the deed.

The problem is, most everyone—from the cake maker and the florist to the wedding-gown retailer and the bridesmaids’ dressmaker—had his or her own reason for wanting the bride dead, including Jaclyn. And while those who felt Carrie’s wrath are now smiling at her demise, Jaclyn refuses to celebrate tragedy, especially since she finds herself in the shadow of suspicion.

Assigned to the case, Detective Eric Wilder finds that there’s too much evidence pointing toward too many suspects. Compounding his problems is Jaclyn, with whom he shared one deeply passionate night before Carrie’s death. Being a prime suspect means that Jaclyn is hands-off just when Eric would rather be hands-on. As the heat intensifies between Eric and Jaclyn, a cold-blooded murderer moves dangerously close. And this time the target is not a bride but one particularly irresistible wedding planner, unaware of a killer’s vow.


 

 

Linda's books are always great, but this made me appreciate them more:

 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Linda-HowardLinda-Jones/338468330887?v=wall&story_fbid=139103486124...

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

The second to last Tuesday of the month usually means there aren't a lot of new books, but what are released today will be gems!

 

We've got three big-time reads out:

 

Demon from the Dark This is the latest in Kresley Cole's incredible Immortals After Dark series.

 

The Devil Wears Plaid A Scottish historical from author Teresa Medeiros. Maria wrote a fabulous reveiw of this over at Heart-to-Heart.

 

Sin Undone The fifth installment of Larissa Ione's Demonica books.

 

Also out today:

 

Bond With Me

 

Law Of Attraction

  

No One But You    

 

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Folks, I hope you weren't hoping for clarity today. There are dozens of books out, most from great, trusted authors, in every genre, in every format...in short, I hope you don't have a lot of plans for the coming weeks. You'll be doing lots reading.

 

I'll do my best to group these by genre, but here are the heaviest heavies first! Out in hardcover today are:

 

Maybe This Time Yes! A brand new Jennifer Crusie!

 

Dark Peril (Dark Series #21) The latest Carpathian novel.

 

1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove Series #10)  Return to Cedar Cove, Debbie's homey little town in the Pacific Northwest.

 

I have no idea how many posts it's going to take to get all the new releases listed. But here goes, with the contemporary/suspense books:

 

Renegade  

 

Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy #3) 

 

Kiss Me, Kill Me  

Body Heat  

Dark Road Home  

Finding Perfect  

Love Me If You Dare  

Burning Up  

Into the Wild  

Just One Taste  

Dying for Mercy  

The Echo of Violence  

Moderator
Melanie_Murray
Posts: 3,511
Registered: ‎11-16-2007
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Moderator
dhaupt
Posts: 11,865
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Cool Melanie, looks like I've got my work cut out for me

Thanks pal !!