Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

I fear some people won't be speaking to me today, but I am just the messenger, you know. :smileyvery-happy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I fear some people won't be speaking to me today, but I am just the messenger, you know. :smileyvery-happy:

I know, I know don't shoot the messenger :smileytongue:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

AHHHH Melanie !! We love you anyway - But did you just hear my TBR mountain cave in and my wallet empty out !!!! LOL

Anne

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

AHHHH Melanie !! We love you anyway - But did you just hear my TBR mountain cave in and my wallet empty out !!!! LOL

Anne

That is SO funny because mine did the exact same thing.  *SIGH*  What ever shall I do?

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Definitely emptied the wallet on this order. At least I'll have something to do while I live off soup for the next week! :smileyvery-happy:

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
1AnneB
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

Definitely emptied the wallet on this order. At least I'll have something to do while I live off soup for the next week! :smileyvery-happy:

Katie - We're on Mac & Cheese here !!!!!!! But BOY, Do they all look really good !!!!!

Anne

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, More great reads. I can just hear my wallet saying ouch yet again but what fun I will have.

Thanks again for this thread. I love hearing about what new books are out there.

ReadingPatti

dhaupt
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

kmgevans wrote:

Katie - We're on Mac & Cheese here !!!!!!! But BOY, Do they all look really good !!!!!

Anne

Could you spare a little mac & cheese please ;-)

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hey guys - I'll have the list up by early afternoon. Lots of good ones today from authors like Christina Dodd, our friend Monica Burns, Virginia Kantra, Emma Wildes. It's like the publishers put together a "Becke's Favorites" list today!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Oh a few those covers are really eye catching.

Has anyone read the series by Joey Hill? It seems like erotica but I wasn't sure if anyone here has read the series and what they would say about it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Already bought and read Assassin's Heart last week, It was really good! Also that Jaci Burton book looks really good. Guess I'll have to get the others in the series first.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - Boy, that list looks good ! I pre-ordered a few but I'll have to wait for payday to pick up a few more ! Back to Mac & Cheese !!!

Anne

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murrary, I just got the Sherrilyn Kenyon from my library. I like her books. It looks really good.

Many of these covers are really great. They look interesting.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Hey guys - I'll have the list up by early afternoon. Lots of good ones today from authors like Christina Dodd, our friend Monica Burns, Virginia Kantra, Emma Wildes. It's like the publishers put together a "Becke's Favorites" list today!

Between this and the Agatha Christie feature at Mystery, I've had no time to visit! There's a prequel to Virginia's new release in this anthology:

Burning Up

Contributor
sharonRNNJ

Re: New Release Tuesday!: Joey W. Hill's Vampire Queen Series

Joey's Vampire Queen series is paranormal erotica at its best and includes somewhat graphic BDSM and menage scenes. Although individuals who enjoy erotica at a more tame or "vanilla" level may find Joey's erotic scenes to be difficult to read, her writing is exceptional. I have read almost all her novels with only the Daughers of Arianne series left to savor. Not all Joey's books/short stories are in the paranormal erotica genre. Some, like the Knights of the Board Room and the Nature of Desire series are in the "real world."

Check out her Blog for additional vignettes that augment the story lines in her books. Use vignette as your search term: http://blog.storywitch.com/

For access to some short fiction by Joey, go to her web site at: http://www.storywitch.com/Stories/stories.htm

Enjoy!

becke_davis

sharonRNNJ wrote:

Joey's Vampire Queen series is paranormal erotica at its best and includes somewhat graphic BDSM and menage scenes. Although individuals who enjoy erotica at a more tame or "vanilla" level may find Joey's erotic scenes to be difficult to read, her writing is exceptional. I have read almost all her novels with only the Daughers of Arianne series left to savor. Not all Joey's books/short stories are in the paranormal erotica genre. Some, like the Knights of the Board Room and the Nature of Desire series are in the "real world."

Check out her Blog for additional vignettes that augment the story lines in her books. Use vignette as your search term: http://blog.storywitch.com/

For access to some short fiction by Joey, go to her web site at: http://www.storywitch.com/Stories/stories.htm

Enjoy!

Yes, the books are definitely hot, but the romance is strong and deeply emotional, and her writing is excellent!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Sharon and Becky- Thanks for the great information! I am not faint of heart when it comes to romance scenes. I love Lora Leigh's wicked threesomes in her Bound Heart Series and I own several erotica novels and found them all to be great with the exception of Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty novels, that was taking it a little too far for me.

Pages of Forbidden Love
becke_davis

Ruthless 

Lexa555 wrote:

Sharon and Becky- Thanks for the great information! I am not faint of heart when it comes to romance scenes. I love Lora Leigh's wicked threesomes in her Bound Heart Series and I own several erotica novels and found them all to be great with the exception of Anne Rice's Sleeping Beauty novels, that was taking it a little too far for me.

Then I think you will love these! Have you read Anne Stuart? Check her out, too!

Reckless

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Becky- I actually won Reckless in a contest a month ago. I recently read Ruthless and loved it. I loved the characters and I recently started to look into more of her books and already have Breathless on my xmas wish list :smileywink:

Pages of Forbidden Love