Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!: Joey W. Hill's Vampire Queen Series

Lexa555 wrote:

Becky- I actually won Reckless in a contest a month ago. I recently read Ruthless and loved it. I loved the characters and I recently started to look into more of her books and already have Breathless on my xmas wish list :smileywink:

I go on binges with Anne Stuart. I met her a few years ago and was shocked when I found out how many books she'd written, and at that time I hadn't read any of them. I went straight out and bought the ICE series, which I just re-read a few weeks ago. She must have written 100 books or more, and I'm trying to read them all. I have a whole separate to-be-read pile for Anne Stuart's books. When her new releases come out, I drop everything else and read them first!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Becky- I'll have to add the ICE series to my wish list as well. Thanks for all the recommendations!

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
katbella
0 Kudos

I love love love Anne Stuart she can't write fast enough for me.Am loving the House of Rohan series and cannot wait for Breathless.Kat

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Darkness Captured  

A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall Series #2). The first book in this series was The Truth about Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall Series #1).

Hope you're all saving your pennies for next week!

Oh, and though I couldn't post last week due to my apartment move, I hope none of you missed the new Evanovich:

Wicked Appetite 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks for the new releases this week Melanie

I've heard from some people that 

Wicked Appetite 

is not they're favorite of hers. I'd love to hear what other people thought before I shell out my doe ray me

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Darkness Captured  

A Hellion in Her Bed (Hellions of Halstead Hall Series #2). The first book in this series was The Truth about Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall Series #1).

Hope you're all saving your pennies for next week!

Oh, and though I couldn't post last week due to my apartment move, I hope none of you missed the new Evanovich:

Wicked Appetite 

I only read The First Chaper on free ebooks,read a few reviews,I will Get This as a Gift  for a niece of mine,and I will eventually read it..I just have 3 UF/Paranormal series I am following now..Did I hear that there is not a long wait for #2.?.        www.allthinsurbanfantasy.@blogspot.com has a review..Which I trust  Abigail   in that Genre as much as I trust PGA...She is always Very Honest... I think she gave it 3 or 4 Bats.. It does sound like fun though...i like her Books...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
lisat96
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I've heard from some people that Wicked Appetite is not they're favorite of hers. I'd love to hear what other people thought before I shell out my doe ray me

Personally I thought it was a fun read.  I'm not a big fan of the Diesel Between-the-Numbers books, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but having read all the others, I decided to buy it anyway.  It wasn't as good as the early Plum novels, but it definitely had more LOL moments than the most recent one.  And it was nice to finally get some background on Diesel.  It was really annoying in the B-T-N books the way he would drop in out of nowhere, ride around with Stephanie for 100+ pages, and then pop back out again until the next holiday.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

lisat96 wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I've heard from some people that Wicked Appetite is not they're favorite of hers. I'd love to hear what other people thought before I shell out my doe ray me

Personally I thought it was a fun read.  I'm not a big fan of the Diesel Between-the-Numbers books, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but having read all the others, I decided to buy it anyway.  It wasn't as good as the early Plum novels, but it definitely had more LOL moments than the most recent one.  And it was nice to finally get some background on Diesel.  It was really annoying in the B-T-N books the way he would drop in out of nowhere, ride around with Stephanie for 100+ pages, and then pop back out again until the next holiday.

Thanks, I think I'll get it, but from the library

Author
CherylKayeTardif
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

As per a note from Becke, I'm posting my new release, Lancelot's Lady, here for you all. My contemporary romantic suspense officially releases tomorrow, September 27th, and I am so excited.

LANCELOT'S LADY

A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.

When palliative care nurse Rhianna McLeod is given a gift of a dream holiday to the Bahamas from her dying patient, billionaire JT Lance, Rhianna has no idea that her 'holiday' will include being stranded on a private island with Jonathan, an irritating but irresistibly handsome recluse. Or that she'll fall head over heels for the man.

Jonathan isn't happy to discover a drop-dead gorgeous redhead has invaded his island. But his anger soon turns to attraction. After one failed marriage, he has guarded his heart, but Rhianna's sudden appearance makes him yearn to throw caution to the wind.

To live fully in the present, Rhianna must resolve her own murky past, unravel the secret that haunts JT, foil the plans of a sleazy, blackmailing private investigator and help Jonathan find his muse. Only then can Rhianna find the love she's been searching for, and finally become...Lancelot's Lady.

~*~

Reviews:

"Romance, mystery, danger, black-mail, and twists and surprises, this tale contains them all… Despicable intentions threaten every character in this finely crafted tale of sweet tension…Lancelot’s Lady is a non-stop adventure combined with the agonizing struggle to not give in to the magnetism between them. Enticing. Fun." ―Midwest Book Review

"From the cold rocky shores of Maine to the extravagant mansions of Miami to a lush tropical island in the Bahamas, Cherish D'Angelo takes her heroine through a series of breathtaking romantic adventures that mirror the settings, often in surprisingly ironic ways.  A page turner in the best possible sense." ―Gail Bowen, author of the award-winning Joanne Kilbourn series

"Another brilliantly crafted novel by Cheryl Tardif [aka Cherish D'Angelo]...a beautiful love story rippling with suspense and just the right amount of sensuality." ―Emily Ross, aka Pauline Holyoak, author

"Cherish D'Angelo has got that mythical “voice” down to a fine art." ―Jennifer L. Hart, author of River Rats

"Lancelot's Lady is riveting. It holds on and won't let you go! Cherish D’Angelo’s descriptive powers are amazing. She summons up scenes like genies from bottles!" ―Susan J. McLeod, author of Soul and Shadow

Lancelot's Lady is available in ebook edition at various ebook retailers. If it isn't showing on B&N yet, it will be shortly. You can read Lancelot's Lady on your computer, laptop, select smartphones and ereaders in a variety of formats.

I hope you'll consider picking up a copy and be sure to follow me on my Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour for the chance to win an ereader. I'll be visiting over 115 blogs in 14 days.

Cherish the Romance Virtual Launch Party & Tour - September 27th to October 10th. 

If you leave a comment with your email address at any blog stop, you'll receive a free ebook (or more). Plus you'll be entered to win other fabulous prizes.

Lancelot's Lady was a semi-finalist in the Dorchester Next Best Celler contest and was #1 Most Popular entry for the first 3 months of the contest and #3 Most Popular for the remainder of the contest. It also won an Editor's Choice Award from Textnovel.

Cherish D'Angelo,

aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif

http://www.cherishdangelo.com

Cheryl Kaye Tardif
bestselling Canadian suspense author
http://www.cherylktardif.com

AKA... Cherish D'Angelo
romantic suspense author
http://www.cherishdangelo.com
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wow Melanie, this is a really big week

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It is, and I'm excited that it's holiday book time.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Oh, Melanie - I just got home from vacation and my wallet only has a few dollars left - great week for books, though. Have you moved into my neck of the woods? (Conn.).......

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I have, Anne! Shoot me a PM, tell me where you are!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, Man, what get books. My wallet is screaming and my TBR pile is starting to groan. I hope to get some of these books.

Thanks for the updates.

ReadingPatti

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Melanie_Murray, Man, what get books. My wallet is screaming and my TBR pile is starting to groan. I hope to get some of these books.

Thanks for the updates.

ReadingPatti

You're welcome, Patti. I'm glad you like the updates, and you know I love to see what you've bought and are reading!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I feel like I've been waiting forever for the newest De Warrene book and the newest Breed book. Since I'm ahead in time over here I had to wait until late Tuesday for me to actually get to order the books. Can't wait for them to get here.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've got several of these books - my TBR pile just shot up. I'm reading a mystery right now, but this is what I plan to read next:

Trial by Desire

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Oh, Melanie - I was feeling so proud of myself because I've managed to read about 9 books from my TBR pile - now there's all these that look so good !!!!! Back to mac & cheese !!!!!

Anne