dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

becke_davis wrote:
I read The Sugar Queen when it first came out, and it was one of my favorite books of 2008!
Hey Becke, welcome back,
have you read Garden Spells and she has a new book coming out in 2010 called  The Girl who Chased the Moon.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

becke_davis wrote:
I read The Sugar Queen when it first came out, and it was one of my favorite books of 2008!
Hey Becke, welcome back,
have you read Garden Spells and she has a new book coming out in 2010 called  The Girl who Chased the Moon.

Thanks, Debbie -- the weather was perfect, but it was a long, exhausting trip.

I loved Garden Spells, but I loved The Sugar Queen, too, and a lot of people seem to have missed that one.  Her new book originally had an earlier release date -- I'm frustrated that I have to wait this long to read it!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

To my delight, I found an old ARC of Garden Spells in my pile of books! I'm so excited, because of all the great reviews of Sarah's here on the board. I can't wait to read it!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

What a lovely day for historical fans!

The Perfect Poison (Arcane Society Series #6) is the sixth book in Amanda Quick's Arcane Society series. Here's the back cover copy:

Plagued by rumors that she poisoned her fiancé, Lucinda Bromley manages to live on the fringes of polite society, tending her beloved plants—and occasionally consulting on a murder investigation. For the notorious botanist possesses a unique talent: she can detect almost any type of poison, especially ones that have their origins in the botanical kingdom.

But the death of a lord has shaken Lucinda to her core. At the murder scene, she picks up traces of a poison containing a very rare species of fern. So rare, in fact, that only one specimen exists in all of England—and it was stolen from her conservatory just last month. To keep her name out of the investigation and to find the murderer, Lucinda hires a fellow Arcane Society member. Caleb Jones runs a psychical investigation agency. A descendant of the founder of the Society, he is very good at protecting its secrets—and frighteningly good getting at the truth. Immediately, Lucinda senses both a raw power and undeniable intensity in the imposing man.

But as a nearly overwhelming desire blooms between Caleb and Lucinda, they are drawn into the dark heart of a deadly conspiracy that can be traced to the early days of the Arcane Society—and to a legacy of madness that could plunge Caleb into the depths of his own tortured soul...

Highland Scandal by Julia London. A Scottish adventure! Read the back cover blurb:

On the run from the wrathful Prince of Wales, Jack Haines, Earl of Lambourne, is taken prisoner by a Highland laird who makes him an unusual offer:  if Jack handfasts his niece, then his life will be spared.  The old Highland custom--a marriage lasting only a year a day, unless both parties agree to make it a lifelong vow--sounds preferable to Jack to being dragged to London in chains, and when he meets lovely Lizzie Beal, his dilemma starts to seem postively enjoyable.  

Until the hellion vents her fury...on him! 

Detesting the scandalous match that will end all her chances of making a respectable marriage, Lizzie can't abide living intimately with a fugitive nobleman bent on seducing her and then running off.  But in teaching her the pleasures of a wife's duties, Jack sparks within them both a passion that will make him wish he could stay with Lizzie for longer than a year and a day... 

And out in paperback today:

No Choice but Seduction 

Yue
Frequent Contributor
Yue
0 Kudos

"No Choice but Seduction" is a must for any Johanna Lindsey fan. It's the ninth installment to the Anderson-Malory series and the Queen of Romances has not disappointed.

I also heard that she's releasing another book this year, can't be sure of this though.

Thank you for all the updates Melanie_Murray!

"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in it's own way." ~Leo Tolstoy
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I think the new Johanna Lindsey is out in June. It's called A Rogue of My Own.

And you're welcome, Yue! :smileywink:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks Melanie, do you know is the new Johanna Lindsay one of the Mallory series?
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
Thanks Melanie, do you know is the new Johanna Lindsay one of the Mallory series?

I don't think so. Here's the description I found:

The passionate story of a maid of honor at Queen Victoria's court who is forced to wed the royal spy who seduced her--by mistake.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I don't even know where to begin today. Seriously, it's a deluge of amazing new books from authors like Nora Roberts, Rachel Gibson, Debbie Macomber, and J.R. Ward!

Contemporary

Vision in White (Wedding Quartet Series #1) This is the first of Nora's new series. We're reading this one in the June book club! It's a trade paperback.

Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street Series #5) This latest from Debbie Macomber is in hardcover. For those who love knitting-set stories (I just coined that term!) you should definitely check out this series.

True Love and Other Disasters I'm dying to know what the other disasters are! With this book, Rachel Gibson returns to writing about hockey-playing heroes.

Historical

At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Series) This is the third in Mary Balogh's Huxtable series in as many months. It's Margaret's story.

To Beguile a Beast The third in Elizabeth Hoyt's Legend of the Four Soldiers series - each book is about a soldier who suffered through a horrific battle and who want to know who in their regiment betrayed them. This story is about Sir Alistair Munroe, who's been living a reclusive life since returning to England from the Colonies (where the aforementioned battle took place) and the woman who escapes London scandal and takes on a position as Alistair's housekeeper, even though she has no idea how to run a household.

Always a Scoundrel The latest Notorious Gentleman book from Suzanne Enoch. The two others were After the Kiss (Notorious Gentlemen Series #1) and Before the Scandal (Notorious Gentlemen Series #2).

Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress This the second release from Elizabeth Boyle in as many months. Last month was Confessions of a Little Black Gown.  

The Virgin's Secret 

The Angel and the Highlander  For you fans of the Scottish!

Paranormal 

Bride of the Wolf 

Burning Wild (Leopard Series #2) 

Doomsday Can Wait by Lori Handeland.

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #7) Rehvenge's story.

Forbidden Nights with a Vampire is the latest from wonderful Kerrelyn Sparks. Her books are sexy and also incredibly witty.

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers is Angie Fox's second in this series. Here's a link to the first book: The Accidental Demon Slayer.

Moonlight Warrior by Janet Chapman is my weekly offering to Becke's cover collection.

Eternal Craving I don't know that we talk about Nina Bangs enough here, but we should. Very sexy reads!

Suspense

Cry Mercy Mariah Stewart is another author we don't toast enough. She's a master of suspense.

Here's the book description:

After Ann Nolan, a California beat cop, adopts the daughter of a notorious drug dealer, the ruthless father vows to take back his only child. In response, Ann flees across the country, changes her name, and starts a new life as an investigator for the Mercy Street Foundation, the billionaire-endowed organization dedicated to finding missing persons. As Emme Caldwell, she takes the lead on the Foundation's first case: Nineteen-year-old Belinda Hudson disappeared from her sorority house leaving behind only one cryptic clue. Retracing the vanished student's steps leads Emme to Heaven's Gate, a fertility clinic, and the mysterious Donor 1735.

Belinda's legal guardian, Nick Perone, is determined to shadow Emme's every move as she searches for his niece. But the closer Emme gets to Donor 1735 and the chilling truth, the more apparent it becomes that she's escaped one dangerous man only to run head-on into another-one who's far more determined and every bit as deadly.

Mr. and Miss Anonymous A suspense novel involving a fertility clinic, and the son that the hero and heroine may have parented through the fertility clinic. 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You don't want to know how many of these books I've had on preorder.  It's going to be one of those days my mailman has to come to the door and ring the bell.  I have a ton of work to do, deadlines approaching -- noooooooo!  I want to be reading!!  Darn it, I need the paychecks so I can buy the books, but I can't read the books because I have to earn my pay!  Talk about a Catch-22 situation!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks Melanie some yummy books here. I just picked up the first Angie Fox book yesterday when I learned that she's a local author from St. Louis. Always like to support them.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:
Thanks Melanie some yummy books here. I just picked up the first Angie Fox book yesterday when I learned that she's a local author from St. Louis. Always like to support them.
I've got Angie's first book in my TBR pile.  I'll try to read them one right after the other.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:
I've got Angie's first book in my TBR pile.  I'll try to read them one right after the other.

I want a full report on the Angie Fox books - they look like a lot of fun!

it's such an overwhelming day of new books! No matter what genre you read!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

becke_davis wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I want a full report on the Angie Fox books - they look like a lot of fun!

it's such an overwhelming day of new books! No matter what genre you read

Yes Ma'am!! 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's a dreary, rainy Tuesday in what has been a dreary, rainy week. But sifting through the new releases has made me very happy! Weeks like this were meant for reading, so without further ado:

Contemporary

With a Twist This novel is the first in Deirdre Martin's new Wild at Heart series. Actually, the series, about the big-hearted O'Brien clan, started with a short novel in the anthology, Double the Pleasure. With a Twist is the love story between Quinn O'Brien, a fearless reporter, and Natalie Bocuse, a woman who dreams of owning her own restaurant.

Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy is for you readers who love the racecar-driving heroes.

Historical

The Last Queen  This is a trade paperback edition of a hardcover that came out last year, but I'm including it in the round-up because it'll fill the Philippa Gregory void! This is about the young Spanish princess Juana from the fifteenth century, and what happens to her when she is married off for political reasons. Hint: passion ensues.

Bound by Honor  I believe that the sub-title of this book by Colette Gale is all you need to know: "An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian."

Paranormal

Guardian This is the latest from Angela Knight, the second in her Time Hunters trilogy.

Sea Lord Virginia Kantra will be here tomorrow to chat about this new book, part of her Children of the Sea series.   

Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones Series #7)  The latest Katie Macalister.

Burning Alive I've read Shannon K. Butcher's romantic suspense novels, and they're incredible, so I'm excited to try her paranormals. This is book one in a new series about deadly warriors charged with the protection of the human race.

Suspense

Chains Shiloh Walker is back again with three tales of suspense, about three women reunited in their small town years after a terrible incident. These tales are steamy and thrilling!

Hotshot Here's the book description for this one: Major Vince “Vapor” DeLuca may have just accepted his most difficult recon mission ever—keeping an eye on Shay Bassett. As a pilot in the Air Force’s top-secret test unit, Vince keeps a cool head at the controls. But ever since they were teens, Shay’s had a way of jamming his radar. Now she’s scheduled to tell Congress about Cleveland’s escalating gang activity, and someone out there is trying to cut her testimony short. Living to tell the tale may depend on trusting the one man who burned her so badly years ago—and still makes her feel warm all over.

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 05-05-2009 01:36 PM
Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

Melani, thanks for mentioning CHAINS!  :smileyhappy:  If you like erotic romance, I've got some excerpts and a contest going on at my blog to help celebrate the release.

Shiloh Walker
http://shilohwalker.com/website

Learn more about Broken and Veil of Shadows.

Discover all Shiloh Walker titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

So many books I want to read, so few hours in the day!  I loved the first book in that Erin McCarthy series but, sleaze that I am, I would seriously buy this one for the cover alone.  (I know I said I would never do that, but I'm only human!)

I've read a lot of these authors (hi Shiloh) and you know I'm a huge fan of Virginia Kantra's series.  I like Dierdre Martin, too, and Shannon K. Butcher and -- oh well, you get the idea. 

Author
Shiloh_walker
0 Kudos

Hey Becke!  I read Virginia's SEA WITCH and loved it!  :-) Sea Witch 

Shiloh Walker
http://shilohwalker.com/website

Learn more about Broken and Veil of Shadows.

Discover all Shiloh Walker titles.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi Shiloh!  Great to see you here!  I've read a couple of your books, and have even more in my TBR pile.  You are such a prolific writer, I can't keep up with you!  When do you find time to sleep?
New User
Danicah
0 Kudos

Thank you for these recommendations.  I'm "on them."  Since you mention Catherine Anderson, do you know when the promised Spring 2009 reprint of Comanche Heart will be available?  I cannot find it and would dearly love to read it, as Comanche Moon is one of the most interesting and captivating romances I've read--and I'm not even fond of the Native American genre!