becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Lots of good ones here, but I'm excited to see Margaret Way on the list. I LOVE her stories.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

This is a slower Tuesday in terms of quantity, but two new hardcovers from heavy-hitting authors are must-buys for me. Sigh.

The White Queen  From the author of The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory, comes a brand new historical fiction set during the Wars of the Roses.

The White Queen tells the story of a woman of extraordinary beauty and ambition who, catching the eye of the newly crowned boy king, marries him in secret and ascends to royalty. While Elizabeth rises to the demands of her exalted position and fights for the success of her family, her two sons become central figures in a mystery that has confounded historians for centuries: the missing princes in the Tower of London whose fate is still unknown.

Dreamfever (Fever Series #4) MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister’s murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac’s every thought—and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.
As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V’lane vie for her body and soul, as she rallies the sidhe-seers to fight an impossible battle and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac’s greatest enemy delivers a final challenge...

Summer of Two Wishes I'm a big fan of Julia London's historicals, and am going to give this one a whirl as I've never read her contemporaries.

Whose wife was she?
Macy Lockhart's life shattered in a moment with the news that her husband, Finn -- serving in the military overseas -- has been killed in the line of duty. Their ardent and devoted marriage is over, leaving Macy alone, empty, directionless. But while she tries to sustain herself with memories of Finn, the quiet, strong man who made her and their small Texas ranch the center of his life, it is wealthy Wyatt Clark who slowly brings joy back into her life. Her love for Wyatt may be less romantic than the breathless passion she'd once shared with Finn, but she vows to cherish him, and their marriage is happy and as solid as a rock. Until the day that Finn, miraculously spared from death, returns home to claim his bride....

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie - AnneB here - I love reading your blogs - I went to B&N today to pick up a copy of Dreamfever and they didn't have it  yet !!!! I guess I'll have to wait until the weekend. I've never read Phillipa Gregory - I may put her on my list though. Julia London I love - both the historicals and the contemporaries - give them a try - I think you'll like them....

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Melanie - AnneB here - I love reading your blogs - I went to B&N today to pick up a copy of Dreamfever and they didn't have it  yet !!!! I guess I'll have to wait until the weekend. I've never read Phillipa Gregory - I may put her on my list though. Julia London I love - both the historicals and the contemporaries - give them a try - I think you'll like them....

Anne

I'm so glad you like my posts, Anne!

If you like historical fiction (and I'm guessing, from your other posts, that you do) then I think you'll find Gregory's books very enriching. She's a terrific writer, and brings to life historical events in a very engaging way. She's one of my favorites.

As for Julia London, I never purposely didn't read her contemporaries. I just threw them on the TBR and there they remain. This one looks nice and juicy though. I love a back-from-the-dead story!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I ditto Ann on the posts Melanie,

I can not wait to read Dreamfever, I've only been waiting for it since I closed the final page of Faefever. The other ones look mighty intriguing. 

Message Edited by dhaupt on 08-19-2009 10:40 AM
Author
LisaMarieWilkinson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am looking forward to Highland Rebel by Judith James, which comes out soon.  I really enjoyed her unusual debut historical romance, Broken Wing, and I'm curious to see what she's come up with next!

I read an interesting interview she did recently where she described her research methods, and she actually has sailed tall ships and learned to fence and play fiddle in order to make her descriptions feel more authentic.

Highland Rebel 

Broken Wing 

Message Edited by LisaMarieWilkinson on 08-22-2009 06:16 AM
Lisa Marie Wilkinson, Author of Historical Adventure-Romance
IPPY Gold Medal Winner
USA Book News Best Books Award Winner
PNWA Bronze Award Winner
Visit my website: http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just ordered another book that came out recently:  Highland Obsession  
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's Black Tuesday, ladies and gents. The last Tuesday of the month. The Tuesday where publishers unleash their new book fury on us, the poor bookbuying public...Just try to not buy some of these.

The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld Series #4) This is Gena's latest Lords of the Underworld romance. It's Sabin's story, the Lord bound with the demon of Doubt.

Hunt Her Down Part of Roxanne St. Claire's Bullet Catcher series, about a group of elite bodyguards.

The Laird Who Loved Me The companion book to Karen's Sleepless in Scotland, one of our featured books for the month of August.

Surrender of a Siren The second in Tessa Dare's historical trilogy is about a rake and an independent society lady posing as a governess! The other two books in the series are Goddess of the Hunt and the upcoming A Lady of Persuasion

Sliding Home Read about Kate Angell's new book here. Thanks, Michelle!

The Maiden's Hand (Tudor Rose Series #2) This is the second in Susan's Tudor Rose trilogy.

Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men  Vamps!

Servant Gabrielle Cody is a paladin-God's enforcer on earth. But she's not sure she can endure the life of a holy warrior. Her relationship with Detective Luther Cross is under constant strain already, and its going to get worse. There is a monster feeding off of human blood, flesh, and souls and Gaby must stop him. But her passion for Luther distracts her from the terrible connection she has with her quarry-and the creature's desire to devour her.

Set the Dark on Fire Shay Phillips knows her way around Dark Canyon. She’s handy with a gun and can track a wild animal with the best of them. It’s humans who usually give her the most trouble. And with a hormonally charged teenage brother to raise—and an admitted weakness for the wrong kind of man—they’re giving her plenty of trouble these days. Then there’s the matter of murder. As an expert on mountain lions, Shay is skeptical when a local prostitute turns up mauled without a drop of blood near the body. Now, together with the town’s newly arrived sheriff, Luke Meza—a Las Vegas city boy with his own dark secrets—Shay must navigate a dangerous valley filled with angry ex-lovers, unfaithful spouses, and poisonous snakes in a desperate search for the killer. But when suspicion falls on her own brother, and her attraction to Luke rages into a full-on erotic affair, can Shay quell the fires inside her long enough to uncover the truth?

With Seduction in Mind The fabulous Ms. Laura Lee Guhrke will be visiting in September to talk about this latest historical.

Passion Untamed (Feral Warriors Series #3) Pamela Palmer's latest Feral Warriors novel.

Seduced by His Touch Tracy Anne Warren is a historical writer on the rise - this one is about a rake who loses a bet and must marry a near-spinster. Check out that cover! Oh, the heaving bosom!

Lucan This is the first in Susan Kearney's futuristic paranormal series that deals with the Arthurian legend of Avalon.

Show No Fear For you lovers of suspense, I highly recommend Marliss Melton. She writes about Navy SEALS.

Tall, Dark and Fangsome The last in Michelle Rowen's Sarah Dearly series. Vamps!

Acts of Mercy The latest Mercy Street novel. A must-read series for suspense lovers.

92 Pacific Boulevard (Cedar Cove Series) Also released today is a companion cookbook, Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook. Cook with Debbie and all the Cedar Cove characters!

Message Edited by Melanie_Murray on 08-25-2009 12:09 PM
Correspondent
JalMor77

*falls off chair in office*  Sorry ladies, had to pick myself up after seeing today's releases.  This is a GOOD Tuesday! :smileywink:

Jalana

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

Ooh Melanie I see several that I need to go out and get, Gena Showalter's is one of them I really like her lords of the underworld series, and I believe I saw a kilt in the offering too.

I agree w/Jalana really good Tuesday.

Thanks Melanie!! 

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've got some of these on order but, rats, no books arrived today.
1AnneB
0 Kudos

JalMor77 wrote:

*falls off chair in office*  Sorry ladies, had to pick myself up after seeing today's releases.  This is a GOOD Tuesday! :smileywink:

Jalana

Hi Jalana - AnneB here - It really is a good Tuesday - I found an unused $25 BN Gift Card in my pocketbook !!!!!  I rushed out and bought the new Fern Michaels- The Scoop - and a Julia Quinn that I didn't have - What Happens in London. AND I still have money left on it !!!!!!!! Maybe today should be the day I buy that lottery ticket....

Anne

becke_davis
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

JalMor77 wrote:

Jalana

Hi Jalana - AnneB here - It really is a good Tuesday - I found an unused $25 BN Gift Card in my pocketbook !!!!!  I rushed out and bought the new Fern Michaels- The Scoop - and a Julia Quinn that I didn't have - What Happens in London. AND I still have money left on it !!!!!!!! Maybe today should be the day I buy that lottery ticket....

Anne

Wow, you just made a lot of people jealous!

Author
VictoriaJanssen
0 Kudos

I'm really looking forward to Surrender of a Siren - I just recently read Tessa Dare's first, Goddess of the Hunt, and really enjoyed it.
MOONLIGHT MISTRESS, December 2009 from Harlequin Spice
THE DUCHESS, HER MAID, THE GROOM AND THEIR LOVER, Harlequin Spice.
www.victoriajanssen.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I got a box of new releases in the mail today -- back later, I have to go read now!
Melanie_Murray

[ Edited ]

Oh, folks, there's just no reprieve. It's an all-out assault of amazing new releases. I'm going to have to buy another book shelf...sigh.

Dark Slayer (Dark Series #18)  This is Christine's latest Carpathian novel. If you're a paranormal lover and unfamiliar with this series, I highly recommend that you give it a try. Read up on it here.

Heat Seeker (Elite Ops Series)  The latest Lora Leigh! She'll be visiting CenterStage all next week! Mark that down on your calendars.

Navajo Night  JoAnna Lund and her father are risking everything to settle safely out west and leave their tragic past far behind. And as a lone rider blocks their trail, they are prepared for trouble. But from the moment JoAnna locks eyes with the tall, proud Navajo brave, she feels an irresistible, dangerous desire...Notah Begay wonders why the young woman and her father have ventured so deep into his people's territory. But he is fascinated by JoAnna's gentle spirit, and her honesty sparks a passion that his carefully-guarded heart can't deny. And nothing - and no man - will prevent him from claiming the woman who has made him hers forever...

The Perfect Liar  A great suspense about a man accused of rape by the woman who's been stalkign him for weeks.

Silent Killer  Beverly Barton's latest suspense tale is about a woman trying to move on after her husband's been murdered. She's thrust into the hunt for a serial killer, with the aid of a man from her past, Sheriff Jackson Perdue. 

Slow Burn Pamela Britton's latest NASCAR romance.

To Catch a Bride  Eloisa James vouches for this historical from new author Anne Gracie. And it'll make Michelle Buonfiglio happy: it's a girl-dressing-as-a-man story!

Viking Heat The hilarious Sandra Hill's latest time-traveling Viking romance.

What A Dragon Should Know  G. A. Aiken's latest Dragon installment.

Wicked  The third in Noelle Mack's Regency-set series about a pack of brothers with wolf-blood.

Highland Beast  Hannah Howell, Victoria Dahl, and Heather Grothaus offer three historical novellas about vampires.

How to Dazzle a Duke   Miss Penelope Prestwick wants a duke for a husband, and clearly the dashing Duke of Edenham is the best choice. Just as Lady Dalby is clearly the best person to arrange the match. But how exactly should Penelope go about dazzling a duke? Surely a show of cleavage never hurt. Perhaps a kiss? And a bit of competition might do nicely. To that end, Penelope approaches the Marquis of Iveston requesting that he kindly appear interested in her so that the Duke will take note. When he does, the game begins as all of Society tries to determine who will actually marry Penelope.

How to Tempt a Duke  The latest historical by Kasey Michaels.

Lady of Scandal   Another romance on BN's Long List this month, about a woman with a secret: she's a stock-broker! That doesn't help her when her father offers her as mistress to a notorious gentleman for one year in exchange for the elimination of her father's debt.

Lord of Sin  Nuala is descended from ancient witch folk, eternally bound to help others find love. But after the death of her husband, she harbors no such dreams for herself. Then she meets Sinjin, the Earl of Donnington, and feels something stir within her for the first time in centuries….Handsome and scandalously tempting, Sinjin has never met a woman he couldn't seduce. Yet from the moment he sees the stunning young widow, he knows he wants more than just one night of sin—and even the discovery of the dark secret they share won't stop him from trying to possess her forever. But first he must free her from her immortal bondage, which means robbing her of her magic for all time….

My Favorite Witch  A charming romance about a witch trying to live a normal life among humans, and the warlock sent to reclaim her.

Can't Stand the Heat  Louisa Edwards' contemporary romance is about a food critic and a famous chef.

Believe in Me  The Croyants des Trois are a powerful clan of telepaths and healers, and Felix Valasay, as gifted in magic as he is in seduction, is the black sheep of the family...For a Croyant, Felix Valasay lives a charmed life of sensual excess, so he's less than thrilled to be interrupted mid-hookup by notorious Croyant straight arrow, Sayblee Safipour. She'd been the smart one in their magic classes, the one he couldn't win over with a smile or a compliment. Now he has the chance to wake up to her beautiful, calm face, to smell the sweetness of her skin, to be this close to those maddening curves...Figures Sayblee would find Felix 'entertaining' when they have important Council business to attend to - setting a trap in Paris for the most dangerous, powerful sorcier their world has ever known. To do that they will need to hide in plain sight, living together like an ordinary Moyenne couple, using no magic at all. Keeping her mind shut against the dark forces trying to find them is tough. But keeping Felix's hot body out of her thoughts is nearly impossible. Sometimes the only way to avoid temptation is to yield to it...

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so many of these books look soo good!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
becke_davis
0 Kudos

There are a lot of authors I love with books out today. I have several on order, and I couple I went out and bought already!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I just can't keep up. Soooo many good books out. My TBR pile thanks you but my poor checkbooks does not.

I love the new releases Tues.

Keep up the great work.

ReadingPatti