Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

OF COURSE I ordered the Kresley Cole, and there are others here I want. I'm a Helen Brenna fan - her stories are really heartwarming!

Melanie_Murray

There were a few Christmas-themed books out today, too, but I'm going to start a devoted seasonal book thread, I think. I can't keep up with all the holiday releases!

Together by Christmas

The Christmas Clock

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I like both of those authors, and I LOVE seasonal books. Don't know why, since half the time I end up reading them after the season has passed!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I like both of those authors, and I LOVE seasonal books. Don't know why, since half the time I end up reading them after the season has passed!

I'm the same way! Sometimes I want a dose of holiday spirit in July!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I read seasonals all year round, kinda keeps the spirit of Christmas alive ya know.

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

becke-davis, I love this. I hope you don't mind if I save this as a pic. for my desktop wallpaper. I couldn't think of a better place to be. Where did you get it? For us book addicts this tells our love so simply.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murrary, I have already got some of these books. I love your updates. They keep up on all those great reads. You keep our TBR piles growing by leaps and bounds. And of course our wallets poor.

Keep up the great work.

ReadingPatti

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I love the Chrsitmas books. I don't remember did you put up the new Debbie Macomber.

The Perfect Christmas 

I hope to get time to read this. We just got this at my library.

I am reading the following romance:

Rainbows at Midnight 

I just started this. I love Amanda's romances. She has some great characters.

North Star 

I just got this from our inter-loan library system.

I am reading these too.

The School for Heiresses 

I love the series of books and decided to read these short storiesl

How to Propose to a Prince 

Saw this at our other library and decided to read it. I seems good so far/

The Marriage Spell 

I love Mary Jo Putney, So when I saw this I check it out. I love her stories and her characters.

I need to finish my library books and get to my own TBR pile. It is growing all the time and I need to get to read some of them. I definitely want the read the new Galbaldon one. I can hardly wait.

ReadingPatti

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'm counting the days until October 27 -- I want to read this one RIGHT NOW! There's an interview with Anna Campbell here: http://authorblogspot.blogspot.com/

Captive of Sin

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

It's the Tuesday before the storm...Next Tuesday we'll be deluged with new books like Captive of Sin and Bed of Roses (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #2), but today we can talk about the latest release from Julia London.

A Courtesan's Scandal is the last book in her "Scandalous" series, books which are set, as Julia's website says, "against the backdrop of the true marital scandal between the Prince and Princess of Wales that rocked the British monarchy in 1806."

Kate Bergeron is the beautiful and mysterious former mistress of a cloth merchant...and the latest beauty to capture the interest of the Prince of Wales. Mired in a disastrous divorce, the Prince attempts to distract attention from his next amorous pursuit by ordering Grayson Christopher, the eligible Duke of Darlington, to pretend to London society that he is having an affair with Kate. When Grayson reluctantly agrees to his Prince's demand, he finds the lady no more willing than he is. Kate will grudgingly act the part in public, but her favors are not for sale to any man. As Grayson and Kate mimic ardor for the world to see, they find what started as a deception becoming all too real. And when passion flames into love, their predicament becomes extreme. For while marriage between a duke and a courtesan could never happen, Kate knows in her heart that she is willing to accept nothing less....

Read an excerpt here.

And if you're interested in reading the other Scandalous stories, here are the books:

The Book of Scandal

Snowy Night with a Stranger

Highland Scandal

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There are so many new books out in stores today that I may have to split this post into two! I honestly don't know how you guys are going to decide what to buy!

Today, three of our featured titles in the November book club are available.

Bed of Roses (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #2)   is the second in Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. This is Emma's story.

To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #4)  is the fourth and final book in Elizabeth Hoyt's Legend of the Four Soldiers series. This is the story of Reynaud St. Aubyn and Beatrice Corning, and the overarching mystery of who betrayed our four heroes during the Colonial Wars will be solved.

Silent Night, Haunted Night is the latest of Terri Garey's Nicki Styx novels, about a woman who, after a near-death experience, is left with the ability to talk to ghosts.

Since there are so many books to read about, I'll group them by genre!

CONTEMPORARY/ROMANTIC SUSPENSE

Hot on Her Heels  The latest in Susan Mallery's series about sisters in Texas, after Under Her Skin (Lone Star Sisters Series), Straight from the Hip (Lone Star Sisters Series #3), and Lip Service (Lone Star Sisters Series).

Seduction Island is a sexy tale by Lori O'Clare about a man torn between two women, the one his family approves of, a rich, cultured lady, and the one who excites him, an event planner with a secret.

Luke This is erotic romantic suspense by a favorite author of mine, Cheyenne McCray!

It Happened One Night Lisa Dale is a truly promising author who writes about the same kind of family dynamics tackled by Luanne Rice. This is her second book, after Simple Wishes. It's about the burgeoning love between two best friends, set in Vermont.

Sins of the Flesh I literally cannot wait to read this new book by Caridad Pineiro. It's got it all: sex, murder, and a mercernary hero. Just check out that cover!

A Highlander Christmas is the seventh in Janet Chapman's Highlander series.

Bodyguard is a reissue of two of Lori Foster's Harlequin Temptation novels, Riley and Outrageous.

Wrong Side of Dead is the latest suspense novel by board-favorite Jordan Dane. It's about a computer wizard accused of murder, and his bounty hunter boss who is desperate to prove his innocence.

There was talk here about the dearth of firefighter heroes in current books. Well, check these two books out!

Hot as Sin by Bella Andre. Only total desperation could reunite Dianna Kelley with Sam MacKenzie, the irresistible bad boy she walked out on ten years ago. But the fearless firefighter with the awesome wilderness skills is the only one who can take her where she needs to go: into a remote corner of the Rockies to find her missing sister...

Men on Fire Three hot stories about three hot firefighters, by authors Rachelle Chase, Susan Lyons, and Jodi Lynn Copeland.

Melanie_Murray

[ Edited ]

Part two of my massive October 27 New Release Tuesday post:

HISTORICALS

The Untamed Bride This is the first in a brand-new series by Stephanie Laurens. It will span four books and all of them will be released within a year! Here's a video trailer about this book.

Care and Taming of a Rogue Read Michelle Buonfiglio's thoughts about Suzanne Enoch's latest here.

Midnight Pleasures With a Scoundrel by Lorraine Heath  On a quest to avenge her sister's death, Eleanor Watkins never expected to fall for the man following her through pleasure gardens and into ballrooms. But soon nothing can keep her from the arms of the sinfully attractive scoundrel James Swindler, not even the dangerous secrets she keeps.

Captive of Sin Becke Davis has been waiting for this latest by Anna Campbell since the moment she finished her previous book,Tempt the Devil. I don't want to tell her that I have a copy on my desk right now!

What the Duke Desires by Jenna Petersen As the new Duke of Billingham, Simon Crathorne has one main duty to fulfill: find a proper wife and continue his family's exalted name. But of all the eligible women who have come to his country party, he desires only one. And she may be the most unsuitable bride of all. Lillian Mayhew is desperate to expose a devastating secret about Simon's distinguished late father so she can salvage her family's reputation. Yet from the moment she meets her rakishly handsome host, she begins to question if she can destroy his world so callously.

To Love a Wicked Lord  by Edith Layton Phillipa Carstairs is absolutely lovely—so everyone has said since the hour she entered the world. Any gentleman would thrill to make her his bride, yet Pippa is all alone, waiting for a fiance who disappeared many months ago. At first glance, Maxwell, Lord Montrose, is nothing but a dandy—albeit a well-chiseled, irresistibly handsome one! But his foppish demeanor hides a keen mind and a steely resolve. A spy for the Crown who knows absolutely everyone, he's the only one who can help Pippa find her missing fiance.

The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife by Jillian Hunter Lord Griffin Boscastle has no intention of ending his glorious career as a rakehell now that he has inherited a dukedom. Still, there are responsibilities he must discharge, including finding a bride, and depositing his incorrigible niece at a relative’s academy outside London. It is at this so-very-proper finishing school that flame-haired instructress Harriet Gardner awakens in Griffin emotions so dangerously intoxicating that he must avoid her at all cost. Yet when Harriet finds work in the townhouse where Griffin resides, her presence tempts him at every turn.

A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds Series) Linda Lael Miller's latest Creed book, set in 1910!

Silver Silence This is the third book in Joy Nash's historical Druids of Avalon series after The Grail King and Deep Magic. This is highly recommended for those of you who love Arthurian legend. Read more about the series here and there's a great story about Joy in October's issue of Romantic Times.

Destiny's Captive by Kate Lyon is a Western set in 1875.

Sexual Secrets by Melissa MacNeal Saved from certain ruin in the back streets of Paris by the wealthy Rutledge Bentley, identical twins Colette and Camille are now members of London's elite. Besotted with their beauty, Rutledge has taken Camille for his bride and married off her twin to his son, Heath. But while Colette can barely keep up with the sexual demands of her prodigious lover, Camille is left unfulfilled by her husband and desires much more...And so it occurs to them...why not exchange places? As Colette shares with her twin all the intimate details of her sexual escapades with Heath, Camille learns how to tease her 'husband' into a state of arousal that will ensure the sensual release her body is so desperately longing for. It's a wickedly dangerous plan that promises deliciously erotic delights...

PARANORMAL

Home in Time for Christmas by Heather Graham. This is truly a holiday treat; a time-travelling colonial soldier escapes his execution during the Revolutionary War and lands in Melody Tarleton's path, just in time for Christmas.

Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul Series #4) The final installment in C. L. Wilson's much-loved Tairen Soul series.

Untamed by Crystal Jordan The biological warfare of the twenty-first century changed the planet in astonishing ways, transforming humans into shape-shifters who love to walk on the wild side - reveling in danger and the explosive desire that consumes them...Half-human, half-lynx, Delilah Chase makes her living as a professional thief. But when half-human, half-hawk Hunter Avery catches her trying to steal his priceless ruby, he makes her a proposition: spend a week in his bed, or take a trip to jail.

Soul Magic is the second book in Jennifer Lyons' series after Blood Magic. When an ancient pact is broken, powerful witches who once used their magic to help humanity become the twisted playthings of demons, and the mortal men who once protected the sorceresses become witch hunters, cursed with the longing to spill the witches’ blood: an irresistible craving that will cost witches their lives and witch hunters their souls. The Wing Slayer Hunters fight this curse, guarding innocent witches until the urge to harm them grows too strong–then they must kill their own. Wing Slayer Sutton West has always honored that vow. But now Sutton is tempted as never before by Carla Fisk, a brilliant psychologist and dynamic witch whose twin sister, Keri, was murdered by rogues.

Never After by Laurell K. Hamilton, Marjorie Liu, Yasmine Galenorn, and Sharon Shinn Here, for the first time ever, are four stories from today's most provocative authors that take the classic idea of the "faerie tale wedding" and give it a swift kick in the bustle.

Possess Me at Midnight An apocalypse approaches in the new novel from bestselling author Shayla Black's electrifying Doomsday Brethren series, as a magical warrior and a spirited witch ignite a smoldering passion that could destroy them both.

Dark Stranger  Susan Sizemore describes her vampire romance as having a "futuristic twist."

Frequent Contributor
njoireading

I decided that it was too hard to choose so I got all the new releases that I wanted.  My TBR pile will be huge, but better to have them on-hand than languishing on a shelf just waiting for me.  I do most of my shopping on line so I had them ordered over the weekend and I just checked and everything has shipped.  Additionally, I have Robert Jordan's The Gathering Storm on its way (another 900+ page book).

How were we so lucky to have so many potentially good books all out at the same time?  Which are the books for the November reading?

I'm sure I will let others know what I think about these as I read them.  Too bad work seems to interfere with my reading but without the job how would I afford the books? 

becke_davis

Is it any wonder my TBR pile is so big??

Melanie_Murray

Hey njoireading,

The November features are:

Bed of Roses (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #2)

Blaze of Memory

Silent Night, Haunted Night

To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers Series #4). The Nalini Singh is out next week...and she'll be here chatting next week too!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - AnneB here - Well, the TBR pile just fell over - scared the "you-know-what" out of the cats - they are still hiding under the bed !!! Melanie - I too, have had the day marked on my calendar - and I got my e-mail shipping notice, so they (4 new books - yikes !) should be arriving by the weekend. What order should we read the new books in, so that we can chat with the authors ?  Happy reading everyone...

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Everyone - AnneB here - Well, the TBR pile just fell over - scared the "you-know-what" out of the cats - they are still hiding under the bed !!! Melanie - I too, have had the day marked on my calendar - and I got my e-mail shipping notice, so they (4 new books - yikes !) should be arriving by the weekend. What order should we read the new books in, so that we can chat with the authors ?  Happy reading everyone...

Anne

Nalini will be here next week (11/2-11/6), Terri the week after (11/9-11/16) and Elizabeth the week after that!

becke_davis

1AnneB wrote:

Anne

If my TBR pile(s) fell over, it would show up on the Richter scale.

Melanie_Murray

becke_davis wrote:

1AnneB wrote:

Anne

If my TBR pile(s) fell over, it would show up on the Richter scale.

The other day my husband sat me down for the "talk" - the "what is going on with all these books?" talk.

becke_davis

LOL! We pasted that point long ago. Now mine just shakes his head when the book boxes arrive. He'll bring in the mail and say, "Oh look, what a surprise - a box of books." :smileyhappy: