Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
katrina25
0 Kudos

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2)  I'm excited Melanie about the new release that brings us to the next part of the Discovery of Witches.  I just started Discovery of Witches but I am glad that the next part is already available.  I hate waiting for the next chapter.  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

katrina25 wrote:

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy #2)  I'm excited Melanie about the new release that brings us to the next part of the Discovery of Witches.  I just started Discovery of Witches but I am glad that the next part is already available.  I hate waiting for the next chapter.  :smileyhappy:

Katrina - I know that you'll love this series - they are keepers !! I just started Shadow, last night.

Anne :smileyvery-happy:

Melanie_Murray

1AnneB wrote:

katrina25 wrote:

Katrina - I know that you'll love this series - they are keepers !! I just started Shadow, last night.

Anne :smileyvery-happy:

It's excellent, and full of treats for fans of historical fiction, too.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Just to add a bit about the new releases, I loved both Elizabeth Essex's  Almost a Scandal  and Jennifer Haymore's 

Pleasures of a Tempted Lady. They're both intricately involved with the sea and sailors - very recommended!

I wrote about them at today's Heart to Heart!

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

katrina, I have both of these books and I love them. I am hardly wait for the last one. They are jsut so good. I give them 5 stars.

Have a great time reading them. They are worth it.

ReadingPati

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Some interesting books out today, and if you're a hardcover lover, there are lots of options, including big name authors and a pair of fiction titles with love stories in them...

Hardcovers first!

Sweet Talk 

The Last Victim 

You Don't Want to Know 

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter Series #16) 

This Is How It Ends 

Goodbye for Now       

Now, on to the paperbacks, starting with my must-read of the month:

Dream Lake  - I've posted about this one here and at H2H, but it's really, really good. I think it's my favorite of the trilogy, and Zoe, while not my usual favorite heroine, really charmed me. She's just a good-hearted person and you really root for her. And Alex is hot.

Stygian's Honor (Breeds Series) 

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires Series #6) 

Wilder (Chosen Ones Series #5) 

Heart Secret 

Master of Darkness 

Wild Texas Rose 

Call Me Wild 

Hell on Wheels (Black Knights Inc. Series #1) 

The Mad Lord's Daughter 

A Woman Made for Pleasure 

Eternal Beast (Mark of the Vampire Series #4) 

White Hot 

Precinct 13              

Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray, I read the lastest Danielle Steel- Friends Forever. I love it. I laughed and cried. It is very good. Well worth the read.

Friends Forever 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti wrote:

Melanie_Murray, I read the lastest Danielle Steel- Friends Forever. I love it. I laughed and cried. It is very good. Well worth the read.

Friends Forever 

Patti, thanks for mentioning this one - I was just about to edit my post to add it in! Now I don't have to!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis
0 Kudos

So far from this list I've read these two:

The Cowboy and the Princess 

Pleasures of a Tempted Lady   

Several more in my TBR pile!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's a monster Tuesday! I hope you're prepared to lock the door and get busy with reading, because there are so, so many great books released today.

I'm starting with Avon's books, because they're all marked with the K.I.S.S. & Teal seal. If you remember from last year, Avon has partnered with the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance to help spread the word about how to detect symptoms of this deadly disease, and also to raise money.

Here they are:

The Ugly Duchess 

Not only would you be supporting a good cause by getting a copy of the James, but it's excellent. Possibly on my favorite of the year list. Read my review!

Nightwatcher 

A Lady by Midnight  I just finished reading this fourth Spindle Cove book, and highly recommend it. I'll be posting a Q&A with Tessa next week!

Chosen  Check Heart to Heart in the coming weeks for Caprice's review of this one.

The Way to a Duke's Heart  Caroline won a RITA this summer, so maybe now's the time to give this author a try.

Sins of a Virgin  I've got this on my TBR pile, because last year's Secret in Her Kiss  was on my list as a notable debut.

The Look of Love (Wedding Cake Mystery Series #2)

Not necessarily a romance, but it's for a good cause so I'm posting it!

Okay, ladies (and gents,) here are the rest of the new releases!

Return to Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles Series #9)  This one's a hardcover, folks, but who can resist this series? Check the General Fiction board for some content from Susan!

Angels Landing 

Another Man Will 

Blame It on Texas  Should have added this one to my Texas trio!

Blue Skies 

Born to Bite 

Born to Darkness  Before anybody complains, yes, this is a reprint. But I added it in because there's an extra short story in this volumne.

Close Enough to Touch 

Courting Carolina (Spellbound Falls Series #3) 

A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis 

Darkest Desire 

The Demoness of Waking Dreams 

Fair Game 

Fear the Darkness 

Fool for Love 

How To Lose a Demon in 10 Days 

Howl for It 

Immortally Yours 

Lady Gone Bad 

The Lovesick Cure 

Loving Lady Marcia 

Nightingale Way 

Nowhere to Hide 

Stranger in the Moonlight 

A Study in Seduction 

Tallie's Hero 

The Unfinished Garden  I started this one yesterday. It's interesting, about a widow who owns a nursery and a man with OCD who has decided that she can help cure him.

The Uninvited 

When Lightning Strikes 

Where Azaleas Bloom (Sweet Magnolias Series #10)                              

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

So many good books have come out lately! I am super excieted for the new Eloisa James'! I've heard tons about it and she is a favorite author of mine

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie - I've read a bunch of these already. I especially liked these:

When Lightning Strikes  

A Lady by Midnight