Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
JalMor77
0 Kudos

Re: New Release Tuesday!

UGH - another good week!

I can't wait for Lora Leigh to be on CenterStage next week.  How exciting!!!

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier
0 Kudos

ReadingPatti: You're very welcome. You know I'm want you all to have sad wallets like I do!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Oh good grief -- so many books, so many good authors there -- I can't keep up!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Today is about quality not quantity. Only a few new titles out, but they are monsters. Without further ado:

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander Series #7) The latest installment about the time-travelling Clare and her Scottish husband Jamie is here at last. I'm setting up a thread for all you Gabaldonians who will no doubt be dying to chat about this one!

Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaway Series #3)  This new Hathaway novel is about the third sister Poppy. I've got my hands on a copy right now (thank you, Michelle Buonfiglio!) and it is every bit as amazing as people are saying. Check out our discussion of the first two books in the series, Mine Till Midnight (Hathaway Series #1) and Seduce Me at Sunrise (Hathaway Series #2)

A Wicked Lord at the Wedding Historical romance (as if you couldn't tell from that sumptuous cover!) Here's the story description:

What is a neglected wife to do while her husband disappears on clandestine missions and unknown gambits? Play the spy game herself, if only to fill lonely nights once flush with erotic delight. When Eleanor Prescott married the handsome infantry officer who pursued her between missions, she anticipated anything but a six-year estrangement. Now the enigmatic husband who fired her body with his sensual touch is back–to woo her, win her, and unwrap all her secrets. Sebastien Boscastle is prepared for battle when it comes to his crumbling marriage, but not to catch his wife prowling about the night in disguise. And yet Eleanor’s game of espionage and seduction only heightens his devilish desire to reclaim every inch of her. From the back alleys of London to the silken sheets of the marital bed, Sebastien inflicts the sweetest of sensual assaults, ready to possess everything Eleanor is willing to surrender.

Wicked All Day Liz Carlyle is a must-read author for you historical lovers.

Miss Zoë Armstrong is beautiful, charming, rich -- and utterly unmarriageable. So, while she may be the ton's most sparkling diamond, her choice of husbands looks more like a list of London's most unsavory fortune hunters. Since a true-love marriage seems impossible, Zoë has accepted -- no, embraced -- her role as society's most incomparable flirt and mischiefmaker...until in one reckless, vulnerable moment, her future is shattered.

Stuart Rowland, the brooding Marquess of Mercer, has been part of Zoë's extended family since she was a child. As dark and cynical as Zoë is lively, Mercer has always known they would be the worst possible match...until his scapegrace brother Robert does the unthinkable, and winds up betrothed to Zoë. Now, secluded on Mercer's vast estate to escape a looming scandal and the ton's prying eyes, Zoë and Mercer may find that a dark obsession has become a tempestuous passion that can no longer be denied....

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2 Want some quick-hit vampiry goodness? Then pick up a copy of this book of short stories by authors such as Eileen Wilks, Caitlin Kittredge, Jennifer Ashley, Dawn Cook, and Diane Whiteside.

I Never Fancied Him Anyway  This is the American debut of an up-and-coming Irish author written in the style of Marian Keyes about a pyschic whose second sight never works quite right when eligible men are around.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Well, there goes my plan to cut back on book buying till I make a dent in the TBR pile.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

becke_davis wrote:

Well, there goes my plan to cut back on book buying till I make a dent in the TBR pile.

Becke, hun it's us, we know you. Maybe you should go to another club where they don't and maybe they'd believe you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I know, I know. The day I walk out of a bookstore without buying books, my husband would faint dead away.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie ( & Becke) - AnneB here - We all have the same addiction, but if they started a 12 step program, no one would join !!! LOL.....

Anne

dhaupt
0 Kudos

How true Anne, and besides who'd want to join

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Debbie ( & Becke) - AnneB here - We all have the same addiction, but if they started a 12 step program, no one would join !!! LOL.....

Anne

becke_davis

*sigh* I love this place!

Melanie_Murray

[ Edited ]

Be prepared to be wowed by the mother-lode of books available today. Lovers of every genre will find something new, I promise!

Guardian The second in Claire Delacroix's futuristic series about fallen angels is our Featured Book of the Month. The first book in the series is called Fallen.

A Lady of Persuasion The latest in tessa dare's beloved series after Surrender of a Siren and Goddess of the Hunt.

Family Affair  This is more of a chick-lit kind of book, but author Caprice Crane is worth the time if you like to laugh out loud. This is about a woman who sues her separated husband for his family, the tight-knit support system she had always wanted and is now desperate to keep.

Hunt I hadn't heard of this series by author Anne Marsh, but it involves shape-shifting cats, virgins trapped in a maze-like system of tunnels, and lots of, um, sex.

Make Her Pay by Roxane St. Clair. The latest Bullet Catchers book, after Hunt Her Down, which is being brought to you live, today, by Michelle Buonfiglio and the West Melbourne, Florida, B&N readers circle. Click here for details on how to participate in this online book club!

Unhallowed Ground by Heather Graham. A suspense about a woman who discovers dead bodies in the walls of her new mansion home.

A Highlander's Temptation  For lovers of Scottish historicals, I highly recommend the books of Sue-Ellen Welfonder.

Long, Lean and Lethal  by Lorie O'Clare. Becke, this cover's for you! Detective Rain Huxtable works alone, and she likes it that way. But when a fourth spouse turns up dead in Lincoln, Nebraska, Rain’s superiors call in help from the FBI. They’ve either got a serial killer or a hired murderer on their hands, and their solution is to team Rain up with Special Agent Noah Kayne—and send them undercover as a married couple.

Seduce Me In Shadow is the second of a new paranormal series called the "Doomsday Brethren," after Tempt Me with Darkness. For more on these books, visit the author Shayla Black's cool website.

The Renegade Hunter (Argeneau Vampire Series #12)  Lynsay Sands' latest Aregeneau vampire book.

Captured A Privateer makes a slave girl an offer: one night in his bed for her freedom, in Beverly Jenkins' sexy historical.

Lucky Break For those who love sexy, funny contemporaries, here's more good "luck" from Carly Phillips. The first two books in this trilogy are Lucky Charm and Lucky Streak (Corwin Curse Series #2).

The Earl Claims His Wife  by Cathy Maxwell Preoccupied with fighting Napoleon and making love to his mistress, Brian Ranson has ignored his wife since their wedding. But now that he's become the Earl of Wright, he's ready to fetch his bride back to London. He's shocked to find she's become a bold, beautiful woman, exactly the kind he lusts after . . . and she wants nothing to do with him.

When Seducing a Duke  Our very own poster extraordinaire, Kathryn Smith, is the author of this new historical. Here's the description, and maybe Kathryn will pop in here and tell us a bit more about it!  Rose Danvers charms her way into the glittering masked ball with only one man on her mind. She would risk certain scandal for a kiss from Greyden Kane, Duke of Ryeton—though she lusts for much, much more . . .The ravishing woman in burgundy takes Grey's breath away. She reminds him of the sheltered beauty entrusted to his care, the only one who has ever touched his icy heart. But Rose would never allow herself to be so indiscreet, so ruled by passion . . .Believing their forbidden embrace a terrible mistake, Grey knows he must do the honorable thing and find Rose a husband. But Rose will not be pawned off for propriety's sake. She will not rest until her seduction is complete and she has the duke bedded, wedded, and deeply satisfied. All he has to do is say yes . . .

My Wicked Vampire The description of this book from Nina Bangs' website is too delicious not to post here: The Castle of Dark Dreams is just part of an adult theme park, right? The most decadent attraction in a place where people go to play out their wildest erotic fantasies. Holgarth isn’t really a wacky wizard, and Sparkle Stardust doesn’t actually create cosmic chaos by hooking up completely mismatched couples. And that naked guy chained up in the dungeon? No way he’s a vampire.

The Most Wicked of Sins   by Kathryn Caskie. She's an extremely funny historical author, and this is the latest in her "Seven Deadly Sins" series.

Out of the Darkness by Jaime Rush. A paranormal series about mutant-like "offspring," people with special powers.

Riptide by Margaret Carroll Christina achieved unparalleled wealth and prestige when she married Jason Cardiff, Wall Street wizard and Mayflower descendant. But once the cracks in the union began to show, even the towering privet hedges surrounding their East Hampton estate could not contain the dark rumors. Then everything came crashing down . . .At an exclusive Midwest rehab center, Christina receives the shocking news that Jason has been found dead in their swimming pool. The discovery that she's a murder suspect shatters her newfound sobriety and propels her back into the dangerous arms of Daniel Cunningham--the mysterious blue-collar worker who may have been present the night of Jason's death. But her rekindled affair could cost Christina her son, her fortune, and her life--and if she cannot conquer her re-emergent demons, the truth and the tide will drag her under permanently.

Angel Lane  by Sheila Roberts A heartwarming romance in the vein of Robyn Carr and Sherryl Woods, about three friends who ask neighbors to commit one random act of kindness every day.

At the Queen's Summons This is the third in Susan Wiggs' Tudor Rose Trilogy, after At the King's Command and The Maiden's Hand (Tudor Rose Series #2).

Big Bad Wolf (Others Series #8)  The latest in Christine Warren's marvelous Others series. This is about a werewolf determined to have a human woman as his mate.

Feel the Heat (Black Ops, Inc. Series #4) Cindy Gerard's latest suspense about a group of Black Ops soldiers.

And it's barely October, but if you want to get a head-start on Christmas stories, here are a few out today: 

Christmas Ball

Lakeshore Christmas

Santa Honey

dhaupt

Melanie, you're killing me here.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1) My TBR pile grew significantly today. In addition to a number of the books on your list, I also picked up Craig Ferguson's new book (hey, he's a Scot in a kilt -- that counts!) and the new J.R. Ward:

American on Purpose

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Oh my aching head, my eyes will be blurred by the time I get these all read, but hey it's worth it.

Becke your stretching the kilt thing a little too far, looks more like a man in a skirt to me.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie - Hope you don't mind if I post this clip -- continuing the Craig Ferguson kilt theme!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Becke, that was incredible. Everyone in my office could hear me laugh at that and had to come and see what was so funny. It was a company wide hysteria after that.

It made my day. And my favorite part is when he tells what he tells people what he wears under the kilt (your mother's lipstick) wow!!!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Out tomorrow are a new installment of a very popular series, some good-looking paranormals, and a pair of very sexy reads, too. Check out what's new!

The Lone Texan  Jodi's visiting us on Thursday!  In the meantime, read up on her book in Eloisa's latest column and Michelle's H2H blog.

A Touch of Dead   The latest Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris.

Caleb Vampire. Ranchers. Do I need to say anything more about this book? Other than it's the first in a new series by Sarah McCarty?

Border Lord and the Lady is the fourth in Bertrice Small's Border Chronicles, after A Dangerous Love (Border Chronicles Series #1), The Border Lord's Bride (Border Chronicles Series #2), and The Captive Heart. Click here for a video trailer about the book.

Demon Forged  This is the latest installment in Meljean Brook's amazing paranormal series about the battle between Lucifer and the Guardians who walk among and protect humans.

Dragon Moon Book 9 in Rebecca York's Moon series. Slave to a fearsome master, Kenna has come to our universe to prepare for an invasion.  When she meets werewolf Talon Marshall, she longs to tell him her terrible secret and enlist his help.  But every time she tries to reveal her mission, a lightning bolt of pain stops her words.  Can she find a way to communicate with Talon before it's too late for our world?

Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires Series #2)   The second in Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampire series, after Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires Series #1). Anybody read this?

He's No Prince Charming  by LuAnn McLane At sixteen, Dakota Dunn was America's Pop Princess. Now twenty-five, she's all grown up-and definitely washed up. She decides to head to her parents' lakefront retreat in Tennessee, fixing to write songs and transform her image from squeaky clean to kickin' country. Turns out her folks have handed things over to sexy, if cranky, cowboy Trace Coleman-a former bull riding champion benched by injuries. He's none too happy about Dakota's arrival-and makes no secret of it. But though Trace is rough around the edges, Dakota feels a pull of attraction she can't quite shake. For all his brooding, Trace has an animal magnetism that may just lead Dakota to dig in her heels and hold on tight...

Hex in High Heels  by Linda Wisdom is for fans of light-hearted paranormals. This is part of a series of books including Wicked by Any Other Name, Hex Appeal, and 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover. Great titles, no?

Indiscreet   Edward, Marquess of Foye, would have been happy to continue his life as an unmarried gentleman rake, until his brother's death changes everything. As the last of his line Edward must now marry. Having already had his heart broken by a capricious young girl, he vows to find an older woman who is seasoned, mature...and no threat to his feelings. Then he meets a woman who will require him to risk everything for their love.

The Courtesan's Secret  is the latest Courtesan book featuring Lady Sophia Dalby, by Claudia Dain. Here's the story description: An unrequited love who is in possession of her family's pearls leaves Lady Louisa Kirkland no choice. She must call on Lady Sophia, an ex-courtesan cleverer than all the other ton matrons combined.

Enslave  A very sexy retelling of the Beauty and the Beast myth by Cathy Yardley.

Sweet Seduction by Maya Thomas is another hot read. Here's the story:

Salon owner Julie Stanford wanted Nathan Tucker ever since she gave him his first massage. Getting paid to feel every inch of his body, stripped, oiled, and spread out in front of her? Stuff dreams are made of. But the sexy guy was oblivious to the signals she was sending - until she finished off his final rub-down with something extra. In fact, the best extra he ever had. Unfortunately, he came around too late. Now Julie's moving on...The woman was driving him crazy.  She lit fire to his insides then ran like a scalded cat.  And now she's going to someone else to have all her fantasies fulfilled? Over his dead body...He's more than willing to give her what she wants, and as soon as he pins the little minx down, he'd show her his own brand of sweet seduction.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Now, you see? This is why my TBR pile is so big! I know I've preordered a couple of these, but how can I resist the others? I know they are all going to be sooo good!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It's Series Tuesday, but there are also a few single title releases not to be missed, among them a real treat for paranormal lovers!

Deep Kiss of Winter  
Anyone who missed the CenterStage visit of Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter last week can catch up here. They were chatting about this wickedly good holiday treat - two novellas in one hardcover edition. Gena's is an Alien Huntress installment, and Kresley delivers an Immortals After Dark tale. How can you go wrong with this?

Shadowfae

Lovers of paranormal should give this new one a try. Read the official description below:
Imagine a secret world veiled in fairy glamour and brimming with unearthly delights. A city swarming with half-mad fairies, where thieving spriggans rob you blind, beautiful banshees mesmerize you with their song, and big green trolls bust heads at nightclubs. And once you’re in, there’s no escape… Enslaved by a demon lord, Jade is forced to spend her nights seducing vampire gangsters and shapeshifting thugs.  After two hundred years as a succubus, she burns for freedom and longs to escape her brutal life as a trophy girl for hell’s minions.  Then she meets Rajah, an incubus who touches her heart and intoxicates her senses. Rajah shares the same bleak fate as she, and yearns just as desperately for freedom.  But the only way for Jade to break her bonds is to betray Rajah—and doom the only man she’s ever loved to a lifetime in hell.

Trick or Treat

This anthology from Ellora's Cave is a sexy quartet of holiday stories from authors N. J. WALTERS, JAN SPRINGER, CHARLENE TEGLIA, and TAWNY TAYLOR.

Top Gun Dad (Harlequin American Romance #1277)

The Sharpshooter's Secret Son (Harlequin Intrigue #1162)

Proud Revenge, Passionate Wedlock (Harlequin Presents Extra #75)

Millionaire in Command (Silhouette Desire #1969)

Next Comes Love (Harlequin Super Romance #1594)

The Oilman's Baby Bargain (Silhouette Desire #1970)

One Hot Forty-Five (Harlequin Intrigue #1161)

His Vienna Christmas Bride (Silhouette Desire #1974)

The Littlest Matchmaker (Harlequin American Romance #1280)

The Frenchman's Plain-Jane Project

The Greek's Long-Lost Son

Her Best Bet (Harlequin Super Romance #1593)

The Bridesmaid's Baby (Harlequin Romance #4126)

Christmas Guardian (Harlequin Intrigue #1163)

Colorado Abduction (Harlequin Intrigue #1165)