Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

Just finished reading Nightfall by Ellen Connor. Now Ellen Connor happens to be two authors writing under a new pen name. The two authors are Ann Aguirre and Carrie Lofty. I was suprised only because the book is so seemless and feels like one strong voice.

It's the first book in a trilogy and I have to say I can't wait for the next two books to come out. This one starts off with a bang and keeps the adrenaline pumping throughout. It's an apocolyptic paranormal romance with bite. It both scared me and thrilled me and I'm excited about this new "voice" in paranormal romance.

Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning Series #1)  

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks..On UF/Paranormal "Guilty Pleasures" thread we are excited about  the series..have a look..This will be my first one by Ellen Connor/Ann Aguirre/Carrie Lofty...

Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning Series #1)  

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I just lost an entire day of my life to Anna Campbell's Midnight's Wild Passion. I can't even articulate the many things that made this book amazing so let me just say: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. On my best-of-the-year list along with KH's

I'll second this - I LOVED this story!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I just lost an entire day of my life to Anna Campbell's Midnight's Wild Passion. I can't even articulate the many things that made this book amazing so let me just say: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. On my best-of-the-year list along with KH's

I'll second this - I LOVED this story!

And I'll second Kristan Higgins' MY ONE AND ONLY, too!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Both of these kept me up all night reading - FABULOUS series, as is anything by Kristina Douglas (aka Anne Stuart)!

Raziel 

Demon   

New User
shannongerada
0 Kudos

i read all of julie james' books. they are all great! she reccomends pamela clare- so i read the naked edge which is pretty good as well. but julie james is hands down my favourite author. i used to like nora roberts, but you get tired of the same thing over and over again.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

shannongerada wrote:

i read all of julie james' books. they are all great! she reccomends pamela clare- so i read the naked edge which is pretty good as well. but julie james is hands down my favourite author. i used to like nora roberts, but you get tired of the same thing over and over again.

I love Julie's books, too! If you like contemporary romance, you might like these authors, too:

Kristan Higgins

Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jennifer Crusie

Victoria Dahl

Heidi Betts

Jill Shalvis

Rachel Gibson

Vicki Lewis Thompson

Julia Harper

Lori Wilde

Susan Donovan

Susan Anderson

Susan Sey

Cathie Linz

Connie Brockway

Toni Blake

Christie Craig

Deirdre Martin

Sophie Kinsella --

I could go on and on!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

JULY 4TH

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I found a 4th of July image for all you hopeless romantics out there! I know the year is wrong, but it's the sentiment that counts!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Very cool graphics!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal 

I've been wanting to read Meredith Duran since her debut a few years ago.  This most recent book is a great story about a woman who has grown up in the slums of London, scraping by with factory wages, toughing it out among disreputable characters and unheatlhy conditions. A twist of fate rescues her from her horrible reality: she's actually a high-born lady who was stolen from her home when she was a child. Now Nell Whitby can reclaim her status and fortune with the help of Simon St. Maur, an impoverished earl  who is the only person who can restore Nell to her true place.

I really enjoyed this book. Historical romance almost never tackles the gritty reality endured by the folks of the era who weren't titled, and Meredith Duran paints a picture rife with historically accurate detail. Simon St. Maur is a wonderful hero, too; prinicipled more than he'd like to admit and yet with enough of a dark side to keep him deliciously interesting.

I'm on a historical binge these days, and haven't read a bad one yet!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal 

I've been wanting to read Meredith Duran since her debut a few years ago.  This most recent book is a great story about a woman who has grown up in the slums of London, scraping by with factory wages, toughing it out among disreputable characters and unheatlhy conditions. A twist of fate rescues her from her horrible reality: she's actually a high-born lady who was stolen from her home when she was a child. Now Nell Whitby can reclaim her status and fortune with the help of Simon St. Maur, an impoverished earl  who is the only person who can restore Nell to her true place.

I really enjoyed this book. Historical romance almost never tackles the gritty reality endured by the folks of the era who weren't titled, and Meredith Duran paints a picture rife with historically accurate detail. Simon St. Maur is a wonderful hero, too; prinicipled more than he'd like to admit and yet with enough of a dark side to keep him deliciously interesting.

I'm on a historical binge these days, and haven't read a bad one yet!

This reminds me of Oliver Twist! I'll add it to my reading list. I just finished Lorraine Heath's latest - I always like her books, too.

Waking Up With the Duke  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Quinn  

comes out today and it was great

enjoy

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-of-quinn-by-iris-johansen.html

and don't forget to mark your calendars when in November General Fiction features the first in the trilogy Eve and Iris Johansen will be visiting to chat with us. Don't worry I'll remind everyone when we get closer to the time.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Playing Dirty  This is the first Susan Andersen I've read in a long time, and the premise just completely drew me in - I am a fan of the high-school-romance-gone-wrong as basis for present-day romance storyline. The heroine Ava lost her virginity to the hero, Cade, and then he humiliated her in front of pretty much the whole school. The incident has colored her opinion of herself for basically her entire life. I always love these books because it's a long, hard climb to the HEA. Cade has to really earn Ava's trust. So if you're looking for a good contemporary romance, pick this one up.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I'm a big fan of Susan Andersen and have been awaiting this 3rd one in the trilogy about the 3 friends.  Jane's story and Poppy's were both excellent. Ava is a big part of the first two books, of course, and Cade is mentioned as well.  

I'm just finishing up the Kowalski trilogy with Sean's back from Afghanistan story...

Yours to Keep

Yours to Keep  

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

susan andersen is a favorite author of mine. i loved the first two in the diaries trilogy and was disapointed when i learned that avas story wouldnt be told- but im glad that they did end up doing it cause it sounds fantastic

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Cheyenne, you'll like the Andersen if you've been waiting for Ava's story. I hadn't read the first two and now want to go back and find them. I'm guessing that Cade was trying to apologize to Ava during those books?

I came here, actually, to post about a very good and new book I read yesterday: Vanished in the Night by Eileen Carr. It's a suspense about a detective, Zach McKnight, who is trying to solve a cold case involving the recently discovered body of a man that's been dead for almost twenty years. The search leads Zach to nurse Veronica Osborne, and the story he uncovers is told in a very suspenseful, entertaining way. Lots of point of views here, lots of fun characters, and some very nice romantic tension between Zach and Veronica. It came out on Tuesday, and if any of you want to try a new suspense author, give this book a try.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Cheyenne, you'll like the Andersen if you've been waiting for Ava's story. I hadn't read the first two and now want to go back and find them. I'm guessing that Cade was trying to apologize to Ava during those books?

I came here, actually, to post about a very good and new book I read yesterday: Vanished in the Night by Eileen Carr. It's a suspense about a detective, Zach McKnight, who is trying to solve a cold case involving the recently discovered body of a man that's been dead for almost twenty years. The search leads Zach to nurse Veronica Osborne, and the story he uncovers is told in a very suspenseful, entertaining way. Lots of point of views here, lots of fun characters, and some very nice romantic tension between Zach and Veronica. It came out on Tuesday, and if any of you want to try a new suspense author, give this book a try.

I just added it to my B&N shopping cart!

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

melanie-

in bending the rules( book 2) they see eachother at a bar, and i think that he might have been mentioned in books 1, buts thats about it

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

I believe Cade is mentioned by name in Book1 ..Janie's story  and in Poppy's (book 2..Bending the Rules), Cade does come up to them at the bar when Jason has come to make sure the women have a way to get home safely from that bar...and Cade tries, humbly, I think, to ask Ava to please talk to him for a minute.  

Cutting Loose 

Bending the Rules