Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

[ Edited ]

Not What She Seems

I'm actually reading that one too and really enjoying it.

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
dhaupt
0 Kudos
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

My Wicked Marquess (Inferno Club Series #1) 

i read this book on friday and i have to say that it was probably one of my favorite historicals. There were times when i laughed, cried, and the hero and heroine really came alive. the title is perfect, for the marquess of rotherstone if definitely wicked :smileywink:

I read my dangerous duke(the second in the series) and while i thought that was good,  the first book was great and it helped me understand warrington(the hero of the second book) and sympathize with him more. plus the suspensful sideplot made more sense reading this first book.

i recommend this series to everyone-and the subsequent novel My Dangerous Duke

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed R.C. Ryan's Montana Glory...the Zane McCord story and the third in that trilogy.

Montana Glory

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

I just finished reading Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas and absolutely loved it. It is a short novel and fairly easy to read through. It only took me the length of a football game to read it, but that doesn't take away from how good it is. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good love story.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
dhaupt
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

I just finished reading Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas and absolutely loved it. It is a short novel and fairly easy to read through. It only took me the length of a football game to read it, but that doesn't take away from how good it is. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good love story.

Thanks Katie, I've been wondering about this one.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

kmgevans wrote:

Thanks Katie, I've been wondering about this one.

I just finished it and it kind of reminded me of a Nora romance. There's a heartfelt plot point, a little girl without a mother, and a [dreamy] uncles who becomes her guardian. I'm writing about this for next week's Heart to Heart column...It's a really nice holiday read.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

If you enjoyed Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas, I hope you've tried her other 3 contemporary romances.  I loved them as well:

Sugar Daddy 

Blue-Eyed Devil  

Smooth Talking Stranger  

and do them, again, in order, for maximum enjoyment, I think.

I wish she'd get back to that series and do one on Joe.  I know she does a lot of historical stuff, but that's not my interest right now.

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

reader_824 wrote:

If you enjoyed Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas, I hope you've tried her other 3 contemporary romances.  I loved them as well:

Sugar Daddy 

Blue-Eyed Devil  

Smooth Talking Stranger  

I wish she'd get back to that series and do one on Joe.  I know she does a lot of historical stuff, but that's not my interest right now.

I read Smooth Talking Stranger and absolutely loved it! And I also know I read it out of order because the other two come first, but they are on my TBR pile, I just need to get to them.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Double Play

Slow Heat  I read these two a while ago actually and was just thinking about them. I'm a HUGE sports fan.So naturally I see a contemporary romance that involves baseball and immediately have to get it. Add in two sexy heroes and they're bound to be awesome.

Katie
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

kmgevans...

Ahhhh....someone else who has my same taste in reading. I had a hard time finding Shalvis at 1/2 Price Books, where I bought most of my paperbacks ...BN (before NookColor), but I do have the two above and loved them. I have a couple others of hers I haven't read yet. 

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1) 

I loved these even though they aren't the kind of books that have a happy ending in each book. The love story goes over the ARC of the series, but I'm totally hooked.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:Hi Melanie and All Just wanted to share this info  on The FirstLook Board of "Three Seconds" we have a Thread saying "Goodbye to Paul."Being the Great Guy that we all know,he posted a Link to a St.Martins Giveaway  on "The St,Martins Press" FB Page  Its a :"Romance" I am a novice on FB  and reset my very old acct,which I never use.. To Private of course,I"Liked" Pauls St.Martin's page and Giveaway..I am sure he would appreciate it  and did mention that BN could sister up with St.Martins for a FLook...Thanks...Susan.... Saw dhaupt,Becke,and pen as well..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Susan, here's the contest Paul is working on:

St. Martin's Press

The "Win a copy of The Tudor Secret" Sweepstakes.

The Tudor Secret

The era of the Tudors was one of danger, intrigue, conspiracy, and, above all, spies.

Summer 1553: A time of danger and deceit. Brendan Prescott, an orphan, is reared in the household of the powerful Dudley family. Brought to court, Prescott finds himself sent on an illicit mission to the king’s brilliant but enigmatic sister, Princess Elizabeth. But Brendan is soon compelled to work as a double agent by Elizabeth’s protector, William Cecil, who promises in exchange to help him unravel the secret of his own mysterious past.

A dark plot swirls around Elizabeth’s quest to unravel the truth about the ominous disappearance of her seriously ill brother, King Edward VI. With only a bold stable boy and an audacious lady-in-waiting at his side, Brendan plunges into a ruthless gambit of half-truths, lies, and murder. Filled with the intrigue and pageantry of Tudor England, The Tudor Secret is the first book in The Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles.

For more information about this book, please visit us.macmillan.com/thetudorsecret

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks Becke..I just re opened my FB and wanted everyone to like Pauls St.Martin Page.,and of course enter The Contest....But this is great for The Romance page to entice them..Susan

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks Becke..I just re opened my FB and wanted everyone to like Pauls St.Martin Page.,and of course enter The Contest....But this is great for The Romance page to entice them..Susan

It's great that we've got Paul at St. Martin's now to clue us in when they have contests, even though it's sad that he's not at BN.com anymore.

Frequent Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose

reader_824 wrote:

Sugar Daddy 

Blue-Eyed Devil  

Smooth Talking Stranger  

I agree. Loved them all.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Book of Tomorrow  I won an ARc  So I was Thrilled.!!!!.I never read any of Cecelia Ahern before..And I am really into this Romance/Mystery..She is such a good writer.and the appeal is broad,YA/Adults Absolutely..Set in Dublin,then is the Countryside  Love,Loss and findinng oneself again Tamara is 16...Her Mum is well you will have a look if interested..Great Moments in the book.that I said "oh yes,I can relate to that."Quirky as well..I love settings in Ireland....... Susan

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New & Recommended 

The Necromancer 

Paranormal Romance 

Midnight Reflections 

Romantic suspense