Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

Oh, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, how I love you. You never let me down. You are reliable-r than any man could ever be!

Read  Call Me Irresistible this weekend and I highly recommend it. It's just such a treat to curl up with a hardcover and to know that you will be thoroughly entertained for how ever long it takes to read it.

There are recurring characters in this one, which is something I always love in SEP's work. Litte Teddy Beaudine from Fancy Pants and Lady Be Good is the hero here, and the heroine is Meg Koranda, who's seen briefly in What I Did for Love and whose parents fall in love in Glitter Baby.

Not only will this romance make you happy, but you'll want to run and buy all these other books and have a good ol' fashioned SEP marathon. Is there a better way to spend January? I think not.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

You're making me want to reread all her books, and I have way too many books in my TBR pile for that. So maybe I'll just reread one or two...

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This isn't a new release, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I really, really loved it. It's not often I like a book so much I immediately get copies of it for my sisters and my daughter!

Twenties Girl

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I just finished the Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. I really enjoyed reading this series. It's about were-cat shifter Faythe Sanders and her pride. She's the daughter of the Alpha, their leader. Faythe has been away at school for five years and her father has sent her ex to come and get her and brign her home. They feel its time that she actually become a part of the pride because one day she will be Alpha. So the series shows Faythe growing more and more each book with countless enemies trying to make her fail. If you are into steamy sex scenes, well this series isn't for you. These scenes are scarse and PG-13. However, the rest of the book is a little more R rated. Lots of swearing, butt kicking, and blood and gore.

This is the first book in the series.

Stray (Shifters Series #1)

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

Here is a series that I absolutely love....it deals with ghosts of highlanders and it is soooo funny

the newest one is this one followed by previous ones....Allie Mackay is the author

Must Love Kilts 

Some Like It Kilted  

Tall, Dark and Kilted  

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Here are two books that I've read recently, and my first from this author. I don't know if there will be anymore books to add to these two eventually, I would hope so because the plot doesn't really wrap up at the end of the second book.

Pleasures of the Night

Heat of the Night (Avon Red Series)

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa

wyntermoon wrote:

Here is a series that I absolutely love....it deals with ghosts of highlanders and it is soooo funny

the newest one is this one followed by previous ones....Allie Mackay is the author

Must Love Kilts 

Some Like It Kilted  

Tall, Dark and Kilted  

Ooh - these look really good! I went ahead and ordered the first one. Thanks for the recommendation.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

this is your next MUST READ coming out in just about 2weeks

Wild Man Creek (Virgin River Series #12) 

it's my favorite in the series so far

Here's my review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-of-wild-man-creek-by-robyn-carr.html

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Oh, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, how I love you. You never let me down. You are reliable-r than any man could ever be!

Read  Call Me Irresistible this weekend and I highly recommend it. It's just such a treat to curl up with a hardcover and to know that you will be thoroughly entertained for how ever long it takes to read it.

There are recurring characters in this one, which is something I always love in SEP's work. Litte Teddy Beaudine from Fancy Pants and Lady Be Good is the hero here, and the heroine is Meg Koranda, who's seen briefly in What I Did for Love and whose parents fall in love in Glitter Baby.

Not only will this romance make you happy, but you'll want to run and buy all these other books and have a good ol' fashioned SEP marathon. Is there a better way to spend January? I think not.

Oh Melanie, I can't wait to get my hands on this. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom

Irishcontessa wrote:

wyntermoon wrote:

Must Love Kilts 

Some Like It Kilted  

Tall, Dark and Kilted  

Ooh - these look really good! I went ahead and ordered the first one. Thanks for the recommendation.

Well... looks like I'll have to add these to my list. I need more time for reading & less time working!!!!

cork_dork_mom
Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

This isn't a new release, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I really, really loved it. It's not often I like a book so much I immediately get copies of it for my sisters and my daughter!

Twenties Girl

This is a great book! We passed it around our book club and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. I've decided that I really like books with ghosts in them.

cork_dork_mom
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies,

I know we are romance readers over here but this is a new sci-fi book that has a great deal of romance in it. It has action, adventure, comedy, romance, and of course hot aliens. Trust me I'm not usually a big sci-fi girl but I fell in love with the characters in this book.

Touched by an Alien 

Book two in the series is also out, trust me after reading the first book you will be clamoring for the second one. Plus Gini is a great author, I have met her and I hope to go to more of her events in the future.

Alien Tango  

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

Irishcontessa wrote:

wyntermoon wrote:

Must Love Kilts 

Some Like It Kilted  

Tall, Dark and Kilted  

Your very welcome!! I really love her books, this is her other writing name.  She also goes by Susan Wellfonder, although I haven't read any of those books....I also forgot to give this one!!

Highlander in Her Dreams 

Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

cork_dork_mom wrote:

Irishcontessa wrote:

wyntermoon wrote:

Must Love Kilts 

Some Like It Kilted  

Tall, Dark and Kilted  

Well... looks like I'll have to add these to my list. I need more time for reading & less time working!!!!

Less time working, I like that!! Let me know what you all think of the books!! Hope you enjoy them

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Devious 

I'm nearly finished with this book, and one thing I like about it is the multiple romance stories with the different characters. It's a scary mystery, too!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Visions of Magic   I posted this on UF/Paranormal..and I just liked the premise..So I thought I would Share..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Visions of Magic   I posted this on UF/Paranormal..and I just liked the premise..So I thought I would Share..Susan

oooohhhh this sounds just up my alley!! thanks for recommending this, I will definately write it down and check it out.

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

I first got turned onto this author less than a year ago and I've been in love with her work ever since. If you like Lora Leigh then you would definitely like her work.

Behind Closed Doors

Standing in the Shadows

Out of Control

Edge of Midnight

Extreme Danger

Ultimate Weapon

Katie
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Kmgevans- Thanks for the recommendation. I have been wanting to read that series but I had never heard if it was good or not. I really enjoy Lora Leigh's books so I will have to put this series on my wish list.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Animal Magnetism 

Loved this book - I can hardly wait for more books in this series! (I'm assuming it's a trilogy.)