Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Romance_Reader24
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

I just finished reading:

An Unexpected Obsession 

And I really enjoyed it. Lots of sexy scenes and laugh out loud moments. It approached our culture's infatuation with celebrities in a charming way and is written so that you feel completely absorbed in the story, almost as if you're Ava (the main character). The sex scenes are tasteful (but hot), so this isn't a YA book. If you like romance though, you will enjoy this book.

Next up is: 

Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy #3) 

I enjoyed the first two in this series and it is the perfect time of year for spooky stories. I will post more when I'm done.

I Love to Read!!!
New User
Brendalee01
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is a great idea to share new finds!

I just found Always, a romantic suspense, by Jodi Langston, a new author from what I can tell. It was exciting and heartwarming at the same time. You can check out my review. It looks like there is another coming out at the end of the month. I hate getting involved in authors who only have one book especially if I like their style.

It's worth the $2.99!

BL

Always

dhaupt
0 Kudos

the newest Sandra Brown, if you're a fan this one is right up there, if you've never read her, well why not.  This is why she's the Queen of Romantic Suspense

Tough Customer 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/10/review-of-tough-customer.html

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Just finished the last book in the Tahoe Pines Hotshot Series by Bella Andre. What's not to love about firefighters? If you've read Jo Davis' Firefighters of station Five series, then you would like this one.

Wild Heat

Hot as Sin

Never Too Hot

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

kmgevans wrote:

Just finished the last book in the Tahoe Pines Hotshot Series by Bella Andre. What's not to love about firefighters? If you've read Jo Davis' Firefighters of station Five series, then you would like this one.

Wild Heat

Hot as Sin

Never Too Hot

Oh, Katie - More HOT Firefighters !!! That's really going to make my TBR pile fall over again. I'm going to get those books. Thanks for the recommendation...

Anne

dhaupt

[ Edited ]

I just reviewed for early readers the last in the bride quartet series by Nora Roberts

Happy Ever After (Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet Series #4) 

It was great

here's my review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/10/review-of-happy-ever-after.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I picked this one up yesterday - hurray! I love this series!

Last Dragon Standing 

I really liked this one, too:

Trial by Desire

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm going to recommend Julia London's The Year of Living Scandalously. Even if it hadn't been a good read, I'd have recommended that you all own a copy so that you can stare at that cover model all day. He's currently face-out on my shelf. :smileywink:

But the book is very good, too, and not only will you find Keira a delightful heroine and Declan an irresistible mix of bad boy and noble hero, but you'll be clamoring for the second book before the end of the prologue. That's right. The prologue. I'll have more on this in today's H2H column, but I think we can all agree that it's been a banner year for historicals.

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

I really wish I didn't work so I could stay home and read these books all day!

I try to intersperse other books but I always come back to historical romances. I'm a sucker for a good ending!

cork_dork_mom
dhaupt
0 Kudos

It seems ever since the Harry Potter sensation hit the bookshelves the next "in" thing has been YA, only it's not the YA I remember from my day or even from my daughter's era of the 1980's this YA is a tougher and more sophisticated genre and with saying that Becca Fitzpatrick's new series starting with Hush Hush and now Crescendo fits right in. Staring fallen angels and other otherworldly and not altogether human characters and a story line that will pull in the biggest mystery fan a romance that hit's the spot for romance fans and of course the new in genre paranormal and urban fantasy has an in here too. So come one, come all and enjoy this multi-genre appealing read

Here's my review of Crescendo the second in the series

Crescendo 

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-of-crescendo-by-becca.html

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This was really good:

Edge of Sight

Frequent Contributor
WriterGurl1
0 Kudos

Not What She Seems  

I just finished this one and it was an enjoyable read. Went really fast and I liked the characters. The romance did not overpower the suspense, but complimented it well. She is a new author and I think we'll see great things from her in the future.

There is nothing better than getting lost in a great book!
If you enjoy romance, be sure to check out my novels:

An Unexpected Obsession  

A Dose of Reality

dhaupt
0 Kudos

The Fourth Victim (Chapman Files Series #4)

The Third Secret (Chapman Files Series #3)

The Second Lie (Chapman Files Series #2) 

The First Wife (Chapman Files Series #1) 

This is a new series by Tara Taylor Quinn out in 4 consecutive months

this is the final novel in the series a real thriller any of you familiar with Tara Taylor Quinn might remember her Ivory Nation trilogy, well this is as intense as that one. I highly recommend it .

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-of-4th-victim-by-tara-taylor.html

Correspondent
lesnes
0 Kudos
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Just finished

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord  and it was so good! It's the second book. The first one is

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake

I highly recommend both of them from anyone who likes regency period romance with a bit of humor and a lot of love.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Frequent Contributor
Irishcontessa
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

It seems ever since the Harry Potter sensation hit the bookshelves the next "in" thing has been YA, only it's not the YA I remember from my day or even from my daughter's era of the 1980's this YA is a tougher and more sophisticated genre and with saying that Becca Fitzpatrick's new series starting with Hush Hush and now Crescendo fits right in. Staring fallen angels and other otherworldly and not altogether human characters and a story line that will pull in the biggest mystery fan a romance that hit's the spot for romance fans and of course the new in genre paranormal and urban fantasy has an in here too. So come one, come all and enjoy this multi-genre appealing read

Crescendo 

Debbie - I just picked up Hush, Hush based on a friend's encouragement so I was really happy to see that you think the series is a worthwhile read!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Irishcontessa wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Crescendo 

Debbie - I just picked up Hush, Hush based on a friend's encouragement so I was really happy to see that you think the series is a worthwhile read!

Hope you like it.

I'm not a big fan of YA, you know it's kind of hard for a 50 something women oohing and ahhing over teen age hormonal angst. But there's more to this than just lust and if you've had enough biting for awhile this will hit the spot, not a vampire in sight. :-)

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Irishcontessa wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Crescendo 

Hope you like it.

I'm not a big fan of YA, you know it's kind of hard for a 50 something women oohing and ahhing over teen age hormonal angst. But there's more to this than just lust and if you've had enough biting for awhile this will hit the spot, not a vampire in sight. :-)

I'm going to second this recommendation. I have read both books and the storyline is great and there is romance, and mystery. Trust me you can't read these books fast enough and we are going to have to wait a whole year before book three comes out.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

I just finished reading this one.....It was really good and her characters come alive.  If anyone likes her books then this is a great one in her series.

Ecstasy in Darkness (Alien Huntress Series #5) 

Correspondent
wyntermoon
0 Kudos

I LOVED Hush Hush and so thanks for posting the next one in her series.  I will have to read it.