Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

The Heir  i really liked this book and am looking forward to the soldier-dev's story:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Here's a book that's just come out within the last couple of weeks. I was honestly going to let it set on my TBR pile and let it collect a bit of dust while I went about and read books that I absolutely couldn't wait to read. It only sat there for about a week, the cover really drew me in. Honestly I'm so glad I read it. I absolutely LOVE this book. I honestly thought it was going to be a typical vampire romance, but this book way exceeded my expectations. If you haven't read it yet, I recommend that you do. I'll even admit that I bawled at the end.. and that hardly ever happens to me.

Nocturne  I'm really hoping that there will be a sequel to this. And thankfully, the author did *hint* that she would like to do a sequel.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I wrote about this book at H2H: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Heart-to-Heart-The-BN-Romance/ROMANTIC-READS-This-Week/ba-p/7...

and it inspired my "Trapped with a Handsome Stranger" thread...Very good book!

kmgevans wrote:

Here's a book that's just come out within the last couple of weeks. I was honestly going to let it set on my TBR pile and let it collect a bit of dust while I went about and read books that I absolutely couldn't wait to read. It only sat there for about a week, the cover really drew me in. Honestly I'm so glad I read it. I absolutely LOVE this book. I honestly thought it was going to be a typical vampire romance, but this book way exceeded my expectations. If you haven't read it yet, I recommend that you do. I'll even admit that I bawled at the end.. and that hardly ever happens to me.

Nocturne  I'm really hoping that there will be a sequel to this. And thankfully, the author did *hint* that she would like to do a sequel.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'll check out Nocturne, Melanie - it sounds really good. I just read the first in a new series by Cherry Adair. I really liked it!

Undertow

Contributor
Zeeelicious

I just read Thief of Hearts by Teresa Medeiros and I really enjoyed it. I was mildly surprised, too as I have stopped reading pirate romance in awhile! :smileyhappy:

I also read How to Woo a Reluctant Lady by Sabrina Jeffries and I loved this better than the previous two!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm recommending The Countess by Lynsay Sands. It's a good old-fashioned historical, with a bit of zaniness and situations that require a healthy dose of suspended disbelief. But if you can go with the idea of a bad twin taking over the life of a good twin, marrying a woman for her money, then dropping dead and letting the good twin take his place in the marriage, then you will love this one as I did. It's just a lot of fun, very romantic, funny, fast-moving...

The companion book, The Heiress, comes out later this month. I can't wait!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Hi Gang,

I am recommending 2 romances by Janince Thompson. They are part of the Weddings by Bella Series.

Fools Rush In 

Swinging on a Star  

These books are deliciously funny and romantic. Bella comes from an Italian family who move from NY to Texas (the ENTIRE FAMILY, Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma etc)and open businesses.(her family runs a wedding hall. Which Bella takes over and decides to do theme weddings) She meets a handsome cowboy and their families come together and its hilarious. I laughed and I cried. We come from an Italian family and I got a kick out of it. :smileyvery-happy: 

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Oh I got Fools Rush In sometime last week when they had it for free on ebook, now I can't wait to read it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

lexa555 wrote:

Oh I got Fools Rush In sometime last week when they had it for free on ebook, now I can't wait to read it.

Lol.. That's where I got it too and I liked it so much I ordered book 2 from my library. :smileyhappy:

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i would like to reccomend Notorious Pleasures. This caught my interest from the very beginning. Very Good:smileyhappy:

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Deadly Lies  So I just got done reading the third installment in this trilogy and absolutely loved it! I liked Sam since meeting her from the first book. I was excited to find out that she would get her own book in this trilogy. And I'm such a huge sucker for the name Max, I think it's just sexy. The one thing I really like about this book was all the twists and turns that it makes. You never know who is going to turn next.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
Contributor
Madame_Lovey-Dovey
0 Kudos

Oi, if somebody hasn't already put this:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: Book Cover

I loved hush, hush! At first I was a little skeptical because I don't usually like

books that are popular (aka: 'bestsellers'). I'm more of a classic girl when it

comes to books. But this one was one was really addictive (such a sucker

for romance! *rolls eyes*); and anyway, it goes along with my craving for

dark, creepy, elegant things. Hush, Hush was definatly dark and creepy (I'm

not sure about elegant but still) so if your like me and like that crazy stuff

then it's for you. ^^ I highly recommend it.

The madame loves you ^^
Reading now:
* Dracula By Bram Stoker
* the CardCaptor Sakura manga series by Clamp
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i loved that book. patch is sooo awesome:})

gotta read the next book too, crescendo

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Madame_Lovey-Dovey wrote:

Oi, if somebody hasn't already put this:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: Book Cover

I loved hush, hush! At first I was a little skeptical because I don't usually like

books that are popular (aka: 'bestsellers'). I'm more of a classic girl when it

comes to books. But this one was one was really addictive (such a sucker

for romance! *rolls eyes*); and anyway, it goes along with my craving for

dark, creepy, elegant things. Hush, Hush was definatly dark and creepy (I'm

not sure about elegant but still) so if your like me and like that crazy stuff

then it's for you. ^^ I highly recommend it.

Thanks I loved it too plus the next in the series is out also

Crescendo 

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

In the five minutes of spare time I have, I dabble with knitting. This is a new hobby, but I really love it and have completely enjoyed the treasure trove of knitting-related fiction books out there. I just spent the past thirty-six hours curled up with Rachael Herron's How to Knit a Heart Back Home (Cypress Hollow Yarn Series #2). The story is about a woman who lives my dream life: her home is in a beach town, she owns a bookstore, her brother owns a bar, she knits all day, and has a thing for a former bad-boy who's just come back to town to care for his ailing mother. (Maybe this last thing isn't part of my dream life, but beach town, bookstore, and all-day knitting sure are.) Anyhow, this is worth the read!

Here's the story description:

Lucy Harrison sells books by day and volunteers with the Cypress Hollow fire department by night. Her life is just the way she likes it—full, even-keeled, and smooth—until bad-boy ex-cop Owen Bancroft comes back to town. Lucy has always been fearless, never scared about diving in to help others. When it comes to risking her heart, however, she realizes she's absolutely terrified.

In a small town like Cypress Hollow, everyone knows your business—and there is nowhere to hide. Then Lucy and Owen are thrown together by the discovery of the lost work of local legend, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Now Owen, adrift and struggling to redefine himself as a civilian without a badge, will have to learn how to open himself up to life's new possibilities . . . while Lucy decides just how much of herself she's willing to gamble on love.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Here's one from the True Vows series I mentioned in the what you're reading thread

It Happened on Maple Street

It's a series of true love stories - this is the true story of Tara Taylor Quinn told by her. It's an eye opener

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-of-it-happened-on-maple-street.html

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I was going to post a "second!" to Deb's enthusiastic review of My One and Only but can't find her link! Where'd you post that, Deb?

Anyhow: I LOVED this book; I just read it in one day and I can't ever, ever do that anymore. however, I was so hooked I couldn't put it down. The story copy is going to tell you it's about a divorced couple finding themselves thrown together after twelve years, and it is. But there's so much more to it. The heroine, Harper James, is a tough-as-nails divorce attorney who has pushed the memory of her first love Nick so far into the corner she almost never even thinks about it. They're forced to spend time together after Harper's sister becomes to engaged to Nick's brother, and what ensues is an absolutely moving and heartwrenching journey as Harper comes to terms with why her marriage failed and whether or not she'll ever be able to truly love someone again. I really wholeheartedly endorse this book, and am now doubly thrilled that Kristan Higgins will be here in a couple of weeks to talk about it.

I think this one comes out on Tuesday. Don't miss it!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

I was going to post a "second!" to Deb's enthusiastic review of My One and Only but can't find her link! Where'd you post that, Deb?

Anyhow: I LOVED this book; I just read it in one day and I can't ever, ever do that anymore. however, I was so hooked I couldn't put it down. The story copy is going to tell you it's about a divorced couple finding themselves thrown together after twelve years, and it is. But there's so much more to it. The heroine, Harper James, is a tough-as-nails divorce attorney who has pushed the memory of her first love Nick so far into the corner she almost never even thinks about it. They're forced to spend time together after Harper's sister becomes to engaged to Nick's brother, and what ensues is an absolutely moving and heartwrenching journey as Harper comes to terms with why her marriage failed and whether or not she'll ever be able to truly love someone again. I really wholeheartedly endorse this book, and am now doubly thrilled that Kristan Higgins will be here in a couple of weeks to talk about it.

I think this one comes out on Tuesday. Don't miss it!

sorry Melanie, here it is http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/03/review-of-my-one-and-only-by-kristan.html