Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: New & Recommended!

Why is the mail always slow when I'm waiting for a pre-ordered book? I'm waiting for Kristan's book to arrive, and in the meantime I'm reading another wonderful book:

The Peach Keeper

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Ravishing in Red (Rarest Blooms Series #1)  

Provocative in Pearls (Rarest Blooms Series #2) 

Sinful in Satin (Rarest Blooms Series #3)  

Contributor
BROOMRIDER
0 Kudos

Good Topic: Has anyone read anybooks from Julie Klassen? They are a great read. She only has 4 books out. But they are all great.

Thanks for listening,

Broom rider

Contributor
BROOMRIDER
0 Kudos

Are  Moderators the only ones who can add pictures to their messages?

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

nope. there should be a add product button on your toolbar thingy...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
BROOMRIDER
0 Kudos

Thanks. I found it. Guess you can tell I'm new at this.I Never saw it, lol.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

BROOMRIDER wrote:

Thanks. I found it. Guess you can tell I'm new at this.I Never saw it, lol.

If you want to copy a photograph or book cover that's on the internet, right click and "copy image," then paste it in here. The only thing is, the images don't always show up to people using different browsers.

You're partly right, though - only moderators can upload photographs from their home computers.

FYI - Internet Explorer and Safari can be problematic here. Mozilla Firefox has the least problems, but Google Chrome is good, too.

Contributor
BROOMRIDER
0 Kudos

THANKS

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Follow My Lead  I just finished my ARC of Follow My Lead by Kate Noble and it is very good! Not your typical run of the mill historical regency period romance. And, if you've read her other books, Compromised, Revealed, and The Summer of You, all the characters from those books makes appearances. If you've read Compromised, her first book, it takes place in 1829, wheras this book takes place in 1821. So Evie and Gail from Compromised are just children in this book, which made it seem more special. Definitely get this book when it comes out in May. You will not be dissappointed.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
becke_davis
0 Kudos

dhaupt
0 Kudos

This comes out today it's book one of a three book mini-series, so hot

When You Dare 

here's a link to my review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-of-when-you-dare-by-lori-foster.html

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes Series #2)  If you haven't read this one yet, then get to it! Definitely read the first book in this seriesBarely a Lady (Drake's Rakes Series #1)  ,  which by the way, is also amazing. Never a Gentleman was an emotional roller coaster set in regency england. There's scandal, intrigue, secrecy, and treason all wrapped up in one great read. I truly love a good ugly duckling story, and this one delivers. Grace, the heroine, is such a strong character and pretty much handle anything throne at her. But how much can one woman take? She's too tall, gangly, awkward, thin, and plain with a lame leg. What man would ever want to marry her, let alone fall in love with her? Well, in walks Diccan Hilliard... er, rather awakens Diccan Hilliard, who some how during the night wound up drugged and in Grace's bed. Well, obviously scandal ensues and they must marry. A lot of obstacles are throne at the pair. No matter how bad things get, I couldn't give up on the pair and their happily ever after. This is a great book, I hope everyone else enjoys it too.

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Really enjoyed:  

Summer at Seaside Cove  

and looking forward to more in the Seaside Cove series.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Luanne Rice's new book The Silver Boat was the perfect way to spend this rainy weekend. Fans of Luanne's know that she repeatedly writes about sisters; the trio in this book are looking for resolution and satisfaction in their relationships. Dar, the oldest, is a recovering alcolholic who has never been able to reconcile that their beloved father left them. Delia, the middle McCarthy sister, is caring for the two-year-old grand-daugter her son Pete has never met, and Rory, the youngest, is coping after her husband and life-long love leaves her for a younger woman. The three McCarthys come together to pack up their mother's Martha's Vineyard home, an event that causes all three to examine their shared past and make a bold move for their future (Hint: it involves a trip to Ireland!)

I really enjoyed this book; it's not a traditional romance but there are love stories in it, as well as a terrific cast of characters and a few very funny moments. Overall, though, this is a book to curl up with when you're feeling wistful and in the mood for a sentimental journey. Very good!

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

Blood Law  I just finished this book and honestly couldn't put it down. I read and read and read until it was about 2 am and finally finished it. It definitely kept me on edge the entire book. The ending was one of those where you go "Oh my God!" and pretty much start nervously chewing your nails till the next one comes out.

Katie
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I just lost an entire day of my life to Anna Campbell's Midnight's Wild Passion. I can't even articulate the many things that made this book amazing so let me just say: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. On my best-of-the-year list along with KH's

Reader 4
Lady_Anduril
0 Kudos

Dragon Bound (Elder Races Series #1)  

This was one of the best PNR's I've read in the last year.  Funny, thrilling, a good blend of alpha Hero Drago who's learning he needs to bend a bit.  And a heroine Pia who's always been taught to stay under wraps, never let anyone close.

It sets up a world where Wyr's are shape shifters, elves in both courts aren't what they seem.  And, the rest of us just learn to live with it all, except of course those who picket and carry signs about.

Its the beginning of a new series, one I couldn't put down till finished, and I've already highlighted and am in eager anticipation for the next book.  To say she's gone on my auto buy list would be an understatement.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

I know it's been out for a while but if you haven't read it yet, this is one of Nora's best

Chasing Fire  

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2011/05/review-of-chasing-fire-by-nora-roberts.html

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes Series #2) This is a great book. That sums it up. Its heart wrenching, and at times you just want to throw the book across the room and  yell at diccan. Hes a good guy, but you'd never know it based on his actions. There were times i wished grace would just was her hands of him. just punch him and go to india, or her solace, longbrridge. But like gracechurch(barley a lady), he is very redeemable. idk how dreyer does it with both diccan and jack i thought nothing could make them worthy, but she does it. The plots are intricate and characters memorable. Awesome book! I cant wait for always a temptress.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"