Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Nora Roberts Books

When does the last book of the current trilogy come out? Anybody know offhand? (I'm lazy and don't feel like looking it up right now!!)
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Okay, I'm lazy, too, but I think it comes out in December.
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Okay, I'm lazy, too, but I think it comes out in December.

That sounds right. I have the first two books on my shelf and want to read all three in a row.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Melanie,

The book will be called The Pagan Stone and will come out in December 2008.  There is a short excerpt at the back of The Hollow.  Sometimes  just hate teasers like that. especially if I have to wait more than a few weeks.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Thank you!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Yes but I hope she never puts us through waiting like this again when she next writes a trilogy.
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:
Finished it.  It wasn't bad -- her books are never bad -- but I never got invested in this one.
 Ford's drawings were one of my favorite things, also his reactions to early rising.  The house seemed to be more of a main character than Cilla, and Cilla was also competing with Janet.  I really only liked her when I saw her through Ford's eyes.  Don't know why - never made the emotional connection with her. 
Loved Ford, loved his dog, loved Cilla's father.  I guessed the murderer early on but I don't read her books for the mystery, more for the emotion.  I guess I prefer her stories that are more romance than mystery.

Now that I have read more (and ended up putting this book aside, for now anway, I am agreeing with you. The romance in this book just didn't grab me. Too much "perfect house" stuff by both characters. Still, some people might love it. It reminded me of those "Flower" books (trilogy) that I didn't like at all, but many on here noted were favorites of theirs. I like the JR Robb series and the historical or magical or paranormal trilogies. Her modern heroes and heroines are just not people I really relate to.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I actually liked her flower series (the 2nd and 3rd books more than the first).  I guess I'm just not into her warm snuggly romances as much as her hotter ones.  What can I say?  I'm shallow.

Of the contemporaries, my favorites are Three Fates and Montana Sky as well as the Three Sisters Island series (which is both contemporary and paranormal).  Plus I love her series books where she writes about families, whether it's the Stanislaskis or the MacKades or the Quinns or whoever.

Frequent Contributor
readerkuna1
0 Kudos

Hi! Melanie, The last I saw or hear is that The Pagan Stone. is coming out in November. I have read a little of the first but I am waiting for the last so I can read them all.

I can't wait. These sound really good.

Patti Kuna
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

readerkuna1 wrote:

Hi! Melanie, The last I saw or hear is that The Pagan Stone. is coming out in November. I have read a little of the first but I am waiting for the last so I can read them all.

I can't wait. These sound really good.

Hey there - I finally got over my laziness and looked it up. It's released November 25, so I'll read the first two of the series before that...
Frequent Contributor
readerkuna1
0 Kudos

Melanie, THanks for letting me know about the next Nora Roberts. I can hardly wait. Next month comes a new J. D. Robb. I look forward to that also.
Patti Kuna
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I need to start from scratch with the JD Robb books - I have no idea when I'll get to that!!!

New User
Bact91
0 Kudos

Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors!  I read through her books in a couple days when a new one comes out.  Have you read the 3 books in the Bride series?  They are a wonderful series that remind me of the relationships I have with my friends and sisters.  There's a fourth one coming out in November and I can't wait to read it.

Inspired Contributor
rosilynn_grey
0 Kudos

I  am a fan of Nora Roberts myself and I enjoy  her stories with irish characters (that's my preferrance but yours maybe different).  I like the Irish Hearts series, The Three Sisters Island Trilogy, Born In Ice , Born In  Fire, Born In  Shame. I also like   The Lovers and Dreamers ( Daring to Dream,Holding the Dream , Finding the dream). Just a few for now to help you out :smileyhappy: enjoy!!

Christina
Contributor
Lucy_PR
0 Kudos

Are her books lendable?
"I promise to pray for you every day, ask your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend always" The Grace Card
New User
Chippie23
0 Kudos

Does anyone have the Chesapeak Bay series that they would be willing to loan me via Nook? I am Heather Chipman (heatherchipman at gmail dot com). Thanks so much!

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The Nora Roberts titles I have, including the Chesapeake Bay series, do not have the "lend me" banner on them.