Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

November Notables

Though we have the New & Recommended thread, this month's batch of books is so deep and impressive I thought we should have a place to post about them so you all don't miss anything.

Without further ado, let's start with the heavy artillery:

The Next Always  

The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett's social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen...

This is the first in a new trilogy from Nora about three brothers, Beckett, Ryder, and Owen, and it's set at a fictionalized version of the real-life Inn Nora runs with her husband.

You can read an excerpt at Nora's website!

And the Queen herself, talking about the Inn and the area:

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: November Notables

When all's said and done for 2011, I think Kristan Higgins' My One and Only  will be at the top of my best-of list for the year. I figure there's only one person who could outdo her.

Kristan Higgins.

Until There Was You  is among November's finest, and is getting buzz. I know Deb and Becke loved it, so that's all you should need to know.

Posey Osterhagen can't complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she's surrounded by her loveable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend - sort of. Still, something's missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking...something like Liam Murphy.

When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he's back, sending Posey's traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas...

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Last summer I lost two whole days to Joanna Bourne. I discovered The Forbidden Rose  and could not put it down. And as soon as I was done I began begging the publisher for the next installment in this beautifully written spy series set in Europe at the turn of the nineteenth century.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

How many of you read Catherine Coulter? More recently she's been known for her terrific suspense novels,

but to me she'll always mean historical romance. (shocker.)

Last year she returned to her writing roots with The Valcourt Heiress and this month she returned to her beloved Bride series with the wonderful story Prince of Ravenscar . If you remember the smugglers from The Sherbrooke Twins (Bride Series)  you might be interested to pick this one up. Here's the story detail:

Nicholas Monroe, widowed "Prince of Ravenscar," is feeling pressure from his family to remarry. But the mysterious death of his first wife, Lily, still hangs over his head. Her brother, Richard, believes Nicholas is responsible for her death. When Richard finally confronts Nicholas, long-held secrets threaten to resurface-despite someone's desperate effort to keep them buried.

But let me add a little more information: there are two possible heroines, a handsome secondary hero who captivates the ladies of the ton with a romantic-poet-slash-vampire persona, tons of romantic intrigue, humorous moments, and of course, those smugglers.

Be sure to visit us on Tuesday for a special post from Catherine herself!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

How many of you read Catherine Coulter? More recently she's been known for her terrific suspense novels,

but to me she'll always mean historical romance. (shocker.)

Last year she returned to her writing roots with The Valcourt Heiress and this month she returned to her beloved Bride series with the wonderful story Prince of Ravenscar . If you remember the smugglers from The Sherbrooke Twins (Bride Series)  you might be interested to pick this one up. Here's the story detail:

Nicholas Monroe, widowed "Prince of Ravenscar," is feeling pressure from his family to remarry. But the mysterious death of his first wife, Lily, still hangs over his head. Her brother, Richard, believes Nicholas is responsible for her death. When Richard finally confronts Nicholas, long-held secrets threaten to resurface-despite someone's desperate effort to keep them buried.

But let me add a little more information: there are two possible heroines, a handsome secondary hero who captivates the ladies of the ton with a romantic-poet-slash-vampire persona, tons of romantic intrigue, humorous moments, and of course, those smugglers.

Be sure to visit us on Tuesday for a special post from Catherine herself!

AAHH Melanie - You keep doing this to me !!!! The other day it was Black Hawk, now the newest Catherine Coulter !!!  I'm going broke !!

Anne

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River Novel Series #14)  but it is November and it is a notable book, so I felt bad not posting it here. :smileywink:

This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list—getting over Denny Cutler. Three years ago, Denny broke her heart before heading off to war. It's time she got over her silly college relationship and moved on.

So she takes matters into her own hands and heads up to Virgin River, the rugged little mountain town that Denny calls home, as an uninvited guest on her brother's men-only hunting weekend. But when an accident turns her impromptu visit into an extended stay, Becca finds herself stranded in Virgin River. With Denny. In very close quarters.

As the power of Christmas envelops the little town, Becca discovers that the boy she once loved has become a strong and confident man. And the most delicious Christmas present she can imagine.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Count me among Jodi's fans!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melanie_Murray wrote:

Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River Novel Series #14)  but it is November and it is a notable book, so I felt bad not posting it here. :smileywink:

This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list—getting over Denny Cutler. Three years ago, Denny broke her heart before heading off to war. It's time she got over her silly college relationship and moved on.

So she takes matters into her own hands and heads up to Virgin River, the rugged little mountain town that Denny calls home, as an uninvited guest on her brother's men-only hunting weekend. But when an accident turns her impromptu visit into an extended stay, Becca finds herself stranded in Virgin River. With Denny. In very close quarters.

As the power of Christmas envelops the little town, Becca discovers that the boy she once loved has become a strong and confident man. And the most delicious Christmas present she can imagine.

Hi Melanie, you are so right to mention Robyn's newest. It was a very inspiring and it's my favorite kind of love story the second chance romance.

Robyn also has a really great contest going right now for members of the military

click here at Harlequin for the Bring me home for Christmas contest

http://www.holdoutforahero.com/