Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
pwilson
0 Kudos

Re: October 8th: Visit with Jodi Thomas

[ Edited ]

Howdy -- I 'm so impressed with your technical knowledge.  Been stamping little Scotty dogs on bandanas all day.  Have to do three radio shows at 6:00 a.m. in the morning.  Hope you get home safe -- its really cool here!!  Loved, loved, loved The Lone Texan -- that Sage is quite a western gal -- and a doctor too!  Can't wait for the next in the series.  This is the best one yet!  Pwilson

New User
pwilson
0 Kudos

Jodi --

I know you are on the road, so since you have some time on your hands on the long drive back from Ft. Worth would you please, please, please tell us about the next books in The Whispering Mountain series?  You know, the characters, a little plot info and when and how many more books in the series will be coming out.  I had such a hard time waiting for Sage's story -- just must have info on the next books!   P Wilson

Author
Jodi_ThomasTX
0 Kudos

Stopping off in McKinny for comfort food at The Spoon, a little restaurant on the square.  This town reminds me of Rewriting Monday and makes me homesick for the characters in the book.  Whenever I finish a book, it is always hard to say goodbye to the characters I've grown to love.  Hope you like Rewriting Monday as much as I did.

NatNB - About the book videos, I love making them because it puts movement to my words... Readerhook does a great job!

ARegularReader & PWilson - the next book in the whispering Mountin series will be the next generation of McMurray's.  I'm excited to start writing it soon!

Loving everything everyone is writing … it means the world to me!

Author
Jodi_ThomasTX
0 Kudos

8:00 and we made it to Denison, Texas after a two hour drive.  Beautiful town and great college--Grayson College.  We're only a few miles from Oklahoma now.  Denison is the birthplace of Eisenhower 

Made it in early to hotel just in case the rain comes.  In DFW they're expecting several inches.  This part of Texas looks like a post card.  Green, beautiful, and endless sky.

Come up next for me will be a new main stream called WELCOME TO HARMONY.  If you liked FINDING MARY BLAINE AND TWISTED CREEK, you'll love Harmony,  A small town filled with interesting people.

In August I have a short story in GIVE ME A TEXAN.  I had fun writing this story of a tough Texas Ranger,  and I know you're going to love the other stories.  I'm writing with a great group of ladies so watch for two more "Give me" books.  We're working on another one now.

If you haven't already check out my preview video of THE LONE TEXAN on my website www.jodithomas.com

I'll check in one more time when I finish my work tonight.  Time to step into fiction for a few hours.  Thanks for traveling along with me.  I feel like my friends were riding in the back seat.  Jodi Thomas

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I'll definitely watch for those, Jodi!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

What a great visit, Jodi! Thanks for sharing your cross-Texas trip with us!