Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
learyheartMR
0 Kudos

Please Help...I need Book Title and/ or anuthor

Years ago (1980') I think...I read an historical romance novel that dwelt with a man who captures or kidnaps a woman and takes her to "his place."  Of course she balks every step of the way so in order to keep her, He puts her on the 2nd floor and locks her in her room. She doesn't get to come out unless he accompanys her.   Somewhere along the way......he eventually slips into her room at night disquised in a mask and she senses him there.  He tells her he's the twin brother of the man who captured her and he is quite different that the man in the daytime......eventurally she falls in love with him and after making love with him finds out he's the same man that captured him.....

HAS ANYONE READ A BOOK LIKE THIS......OR DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TITLE OR AUTHOR ?????

This has been driving me nuts for awhile now.....and I've searched and searched for the book.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.....

Learyheartmr

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Please Help...I need Book Title and/ or anuthor

Gosh I have no clue. Maybe this rings a bell for Becke?

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I didn't read many historicals back then. In the 70s and 80s I read Kathleen Woodiwiss, some steamy Bertrice Small books and just a few others. Mostly I read contemporary romances. This doesn't ring any bells. Sorry!

New User
MissLilly
0 Kudos

Re: Please Help...I need Book Title and/ or another

[ Edited ]

Hi Kathleen Woodiwiss had The Flame and The Flower..... a girl is mistaken for a street walker and brought aboard a sea captains ship. She was fleeing from someone who tried to assault her and was murdered. It involves a cream colored dress.  She also has A Rose in Winter.... a wealthy man is murdered and his estate sits idle. His brother comes to claim the property and falls for a young woman....only he shot and maimed her brother in a duel and she refuses to accept his advances. He has to get clever to win her.   Also, in the Early 1980's......Bertrice Small had a few books describing what you're looking for. The Kadin, Adora, Unconquered, and the Skye O' Malley series. Her books are very involved, too much for me to go into here but you can Google the names and story lines. I'm an avid collector of both authors. I hope this helps you, let me know!

New User
MissLilly
0 Kudos

I really think this is A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss.

New User
MissLilly
0 Kudos

I just pulled my book off the shelf....yes! it is in fact A Rose in Winter by Kathleen Woodiwiss. It was the very 1st romance novel I ever read. I was 16 and bored, and never gave it back to the lady I babysat for :smileyvery-happy:

Author
SarahMacLean
0 Kudos

Now I have *got* to read this...this is a CRAZY plot! It sounds *fabulous!*

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

MissLilly, you are amazing!

Here's a link to the book. That is one doozy of a plot:

Rose in Winter

Author
LucyMonroe_author
0 Kudos

Miss Lilly...you rock!  I was reading the plot summary and getting not a glimmer - though I read mostly contemporary back in the day. :smileyhappy:  I'm so glad you were able to identify the book as I hate remembering a plot/character I want to revisit, but can't remember where to find. LOL

Hugs,

Lucy

http://lucymonroe.com

--
http://lucymonroe.com
http://www.lucymonroeblog.blogspot.com
Join Lucy's Fan Page: http://tiny.cc/0HRGW
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

this sounds like a great book...ive added it to my tbr pile..

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Reader 4
lorenas-grandma
0 Kudos

I am going to have to look this one up too. It reminds me of some of Bertrice Smalls novels. Bertrice is definately my favorite, but Kathleen id a pretty close second!