Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Questions for GENA SHOWALTER

We're so lucky and happy to have Gena visiting with us all month, starting on Monday, August 4th. So put all your questions for her right here!

And I'll start:

Gena, have you always been drawn to myth and fairy tales?

New User
jennyb845
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for GENA SHOWALTER

Why the long wait till the next book?  :smileysad:

And any idea how long we will have to wait till Paris?  It seemed like he would be next while reading Reyes book, but that is not what I have heard now.

Frequent Contributor
Ma-Petite
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
First off I must say that I loved the first Lords Trilogy. I just have to ask if the next 3 books will be released consecutively  like the first three? Also what book will we be reading about the birth of Ashlyn and Maddoxs' baby?Ok just one more, I love Gideon will we be getting a glimpse at a story for him anytime soon and Please! Please! Please! stop torturing us and gives us a Paris Book:smileyvery-happy:. I heard Sabin was the fourth book when I was hoping for Paris'
Message Edited by Ma-Petite on 08-02-2008 08:43 PM
Contributor
Cup-Cake
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Gena, I've enjoyed reading your Lords of the Underworld series. I've heard that book 4 is about Sabin, can you tell us who books 5 & 6 are about?  I loved Darkest kiss, Lucien was so hot even with all the scars. :smileyvery-happy:
Message Edited by Cup-Cake on 08-03-2008 07:51 AM
Adriana
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Gena,

I love your Lords Of The Underworld series but I'm also reading your Alien  Huntress series and the question I have is do you have to read the YA books too or can you get the full story from just the Adult books and when is the next one in the series coming out?  I am glad that you have another extrodary girl book coming out.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

I have indeed always been drawn to myth and fairy tales.  I've always been a day dreamer, too, rewriting the stories inside my head to end and flow the way I wanted them to :smileyhappy: 

Learn more about the Lords of the Underworld Series.
Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

There are many reasons for the long wait between Lord books :smileyhappy:  The publisher picks the release dates and the year of slots fills up a long time in advance, so if you don't get in. . .  Also, it usually takes a year (or more) for the book to be written, edited, sold into stores, a cover to be designed and all that jazz. I had other series to get out (the sequel to The Nymph King and the sequel to Playing With Fire). And to be honest, I don't think we realized how much everyone would want that next Lord book :smileyhappy:  When we did, we moved the release date from Nov 09 to May 09 (the earliest we could since I hadn't even turned the book in yet and space was limited)

I write the books as they come to me and though I have bits of Paris's story, I find myself waffling back and forth between ideas.  Until he stands up and says, "It's my turn," I just can't concentrate on him fully.  When I dreamed Sabin's heroine, everything inside me demanded I tell their story.  It's become my favorite so far.     

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!  I'm not sure which book Ashlyn and Maddox's baby will be born.  I'm a seat of the pants writer so I have only the bare bones of an idea when I start a book and the characters take me to wherever they want to go and everything falls into place as I go along.  In the 4th book, The Darkest Whisper (which is Sabin's story as you said) she's in her second trimester.     

You finally get into Gideon's head in the 4th book.  :smileyhappy:

Paris is being difficult with me LOL 

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Book 5 will be Aeron's, I'm certain of that.  But 6 is still up in the air.  I think it will be Paris, but he's still not working with me :smileyhappy:

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

You absolutely don't have to read the ya books to keep up with the alien hunter books.  A few of the agents make appearances, but it doesn't impact the adult books :smileyhappy:  The next one comes out July 09 and it is Devyn's story.  I just love him!  

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi Gena, 

I'm really enjoying your Lords of the Underworld books and as happens many times we have B&N book clubs to thank for me finding them.

I really don't have a question just wanted to say hi and as soon as this series is read I can't wait to pick up your Alien Hunter series. And thanks for talking to all of us in the book club.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Thanks for being here, Gena!

A follow-up on my myth question: Did you always have it in the back of your head to write a series about Pandora's Box? Or was it an in-the-moment inspiration for you one day?

Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

I had been playing with ideas for a Pandora's box story -- one curious female blamed for all the world's misery?  Not in my world LOL -- for a while, but none of them worked until the Lords entered the picture :smileyhappy:  

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Gena_Showalter wrote:
I had been playing with ideas for a Pandora's box story -- one curious female blamed for all the world's misery?  Not in my world LOL -- for a while, but none of them worked until the Lords entered the picture :smileyhappy:  

It is curious how women are always to blame in these great myths!
Contributor
Sharon20211122
0 Kudos

It is a total honor for me to be able to talk with you, ask you a question about the trilogy.  I loved you books.  I was always in a bit of a frenzy waiting on the next book.  Please tell me that it does not end here.  Are they going to be stories about Paris and Doubt(can't remember his name sorry) and the others?  I don't know if I could take not knowing what happens to the rest of the demons (Paris in particular).  I know my husband enjoys your books, but not because he reads them, but because when read them I become the perfect mate.  So for my husbands sake please kept the Dark series  coming.

Frequent Contributor
Deliciouskiss2u
0 Kudos

Gena-

I apsolutly loved your first 3 books in the Lords of the Underworld. I got right on it and finised all three books this weekend. I could not seem to put them down. The only sad part is that it's so long till the next story in this series. What are the orders of your next books? Who will be next in line? I really can't wait.

I JUST LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!!!

TEAM EDWARD!!!!!"hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you."- Edward Cullen

Alicia Maria
Frequent Contributor
fiveclocksmwhere
0 Kudos

This is not a question but I just wanted to let you know that I recently discovered your work. I started with The Darkest Kiss. I loved it so much I bought the first in the series (which I haven't read yet). Then I read Playing with Fire. I thought it was well written. Not just a typical romance novel. The adventure was well paced & I could just envision it playing out as tho it were on the big screen. I also like the fact that his ex was in the picture. It seemed realistic.
Author
Gena_Showalter
0 Kudos

Thanks, guys!

Right now the order is:

The Darkest Whisper, Sabin's story (May 09)

Aeron's story

And that's all I have firmed up.  I plan to tell every Lord's story, but I'm not sure who will come when (except for the above two)  I write them as the guys stand up and say "My turn!"  

Contributor
Cup-Cake
0 Kudos

Hi Gena, I finished book 3 in Lords of the Underworld last night.  My question is will Sienna show up in any other books?  Is she still living? 

Adriana
Contributor
RachelAnn
0 Kudos

When you were writing of Paris's captivity did you always have it in your head that he would find someone that he would be connected to for more than one time? Also is Pandora going to play into the series as more than just the keeper of the box?
Reading to a child is the most important thing anyone can ever do!