Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

RWA Nationals with Special Correspondent Dee Davis!

The Romance Writers of America host their annual National Conference each summer, and this July the big party will be down in Orlando, from July 28-31.

Not all of us can get down to Florida, so the author Dee Davis has agreed to share all the goings-on with us. I know, this is completely super cool of her, and it's not like we needed another reason to love her!

She's going to keep us up-to-date with the panels, the gossip, the parties, and best of all, the RITA award ceremony. (For a list of RITA nominees, visit this thread.) And there's more on the conference right here.

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: RWA Nationals with Special Correspondent Dee Davis!

[ Edited ]

Not only am I excited for all the RWA updates, but I'm eager to pretend that Dee is my friend. :smileywink:

Here are Dee's 2010 releases:

Dark Deceptions  

Dangerous Desires  

Desperate Deeds

Marisa wrote a wonderful column about Dark Deceptions over at H2H.

Dee's also written

Chain Reaction  

Eye Of The Storm  

Exposure

Enigma 

Endgame

Dancing in the Dark 

Midnight Rain

Dark of the Night

Just Breathe

After Twilight 

Match Made on Madison 

Set Up in Soho

Wild Highland Rose

The Promise

Everything in Its Time

Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

messy_suitcase_blog.jpgHi Melanie!

So excited to be here.  And really looking forward to RWA with the Mouse.  As you know the conference was scheduled to be in Nashville and then they had the horrible floods.  So much was damaged, including the hotel where the conference was going to be held.  And while I'm sorry not to be going to Nashville, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Disney World.  All those writers on rollercoasters...it's an entertaining thought.   Anyway, at the moment, I'm just trying to figure out how in the world to get all my clothes into one suitcase...

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
Dark Deceptions, Dangerous Desires, Desperate Deeds
Frequent Contributor
pjpuppymom
0 Kudos

Dee, if you figure out how to get all the clothes in one suitcase, please share with the rest of us. ;-)  See you in Orlando!

~PJ

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

What an awesome thread! I shall live vicariously throught it. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone on here belong to RWA or their local chapter? I've contemplated joining my local chapter but haven't as yet.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

I'm so excited that Dee will be covering RWA for us this year. I'll be hanging on every word.  I'm in the middle of reading Desperate Deeds and Dangerous Desires - and I must say this series is getting better and better.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

This is so cool! I'm so sorry I won't be going this year - I have a family wedding the same week. I'll be following Dee's reports of all the fun!

Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

What an awesome thread! I shall live vicariously throught it. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone on here belong to RWA or their local chapter? I've contemplated joining my local chapter but haven't as yet.

I highly recommend RWA for both beginning writer and published author.  It's a great community of writers.  And there are wonderful benefits at both the local level and the national level.  Moral support, fellowship, business information, writing information and critique opportunities, conferences, contests, and much more.

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I belong to the Ohio Valley RWA chapter.

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Dee - Thanks for being our eyes on the ground  ! Are there going to be photos ??? Have fun...

Anne

Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

Definitely planning on pictures.  Hopefully we'll be able to show you workshops, speakers, attendees, and parties.  Not to mention writers on the loose in Walt Disney World!

T-minus three days and counting!

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Dee, the closer we're getting to the conference, the more I wish I were going! Thank goodness you'll be our eyes and ears.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thanks Dee, I can't wait to see your pictures and that you'll be our eyes and ears at the conference.

Oh and btw I love A-Tack, nothing better in my mind then gorgeous heros with brilliant minds

Author
CherylKayeTardif
0 Kudos

This is AWESOME!! I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and since we're building a new house and are in a rental until November there was no way I could get to RWA this year. I'm so excited that Dee will be covering it for us.

I will eagerly await the posts...with a pitcher of margaritas to make me feel better since I'm not there. :-)

Thanks, Dee!!!

Cheryl Kaye Tardif
bestselling Canadian suspense author
http://www.cherylktardif.com

AKA... Cherish D'Angelo
romantic suspense author
http://www.cherishdangelo.com
Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

mouse_ears.jpgThings here are definitely moving forward. I've sorted through my clothes and decided what's going and what's not.  Have cocktail and party clothes as well as conference and Disney clothes.  Now must start focusing on details like gathering tickets and reservations and so forth.   Going to be eating at Cat Cora's restaurant on Tuesday night with my blogging whine sisters.   Love Cat Cora from Iron Chef.  So think it'll be especially fun to be in her restaurant. Will post pics... for now just a little necessity for the parks!

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

CherylKayeTardif wrote:

This is AWESOME!! I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and since we're building a new house and are in a rental until November there was no way I could get to RWA this year. I'm so excited that Dee will be covering it for us.

I will eagerly await the posts...with a pitcher of margaritas to make me feel better since I'm not there. :-)

Thanks, Dee!!!

Cheryl, two years ago I visited Canada for the very first time. We went to Calgary, Alberta and to Banff and up to the Icefields. It was one of the best vacations I've ever had - it is absolutely gorgeous up there!

Blogger
Marisa-ONeill
0 Kudos

Dee-Davis wrote:

mouse_ears.jpgThings here are definitely moving forward. I've sorted through my clothes and decided what's going and what's not.  Have cocktail and party clothes as well as conference and Disney clothes.  Now must start focusing on details like gathering tickets and reservations and so forth.   Going to be eating at Cat Cora's restaurant on Tuesday night with my blogging whine sisters.   Love Cat Cora from Iron Chef.  So think it'll be especially fun to be in her restaurant. Will post pics... for now just a little necessity for the parks!

Dee - I can't wait to hear all about your dining experience at Cat Cora's restaurant - I'm a huge fan of hers. Her food always looks good, her reciepes are interesting - but now - I'll have a first hand account of how it TASTES.  Take notes!

Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

airplaneFun.jpgOkay guys,

This is it!  The bag is packed, and (thankfully) closed.   And we're heading off to the airport in a few.   So the next time I post here, it'll be from sunny (hopefully) Florida and the land of the Mouse.   RWA here I come!

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
Author
Dee-Davis
0 Kudos

Cinderella.jpgHey guys!

Day 1 is complete and we're already exausted.  We spent the evening in the Magic kingdom.  Not too many RWAers here yet.  Ran into Terri Brisbin who had just come from a board meeting. But mainly just had fun in the park.  Killed aliens with Buzz Lightyear, and rode a run away mine train at Thunder Mountain (twice) and visited with Jack Sparrow at Pirates of the Carribean, saw the fireworks and then the electric light parade.  All in all a fabulous first evening.  Tomorrow Disney Hollywood.

www.deedavis.com
A-Tac is back!
Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

In the 2 days that I spent a couple years ago in the Disney parks, I could not, for the life of me, locate the Pirates of the Carribean ride! Glad your having fun!

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels