Contributor
misslorraine
0 Kudos

Recommendations for Funny Vampire Series Please!

Hey Guys! I haven't been on in a while :-/

I need your help/suggestions. I love reading funny vampire series'. So far I have read Lynsay Sands: The Argeneau/Rogue Hunter Series and Kerrelyn Sparks: Love at the Stake (I'm on the last book.) and I absolutely love them. The mix of vampire, romance, and comedy is my favorite. I was just wondering and hoping you could recommend some funny and humorous vampire series? I'm on winter break so I REALLY need more books to read!

I've also read Lara Adrian, J.R. Ward, and Kathryn Smith... they weren't as funny as Sands and Sparks but their series were pretty good.

Please give me some suggestions!

Thanks Guys!

Lorraine

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

Re: Recommendations for Funny Vampire Series Please!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Miss Lorraine - AnneB here - Have you tried the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris? Technically, they aren't comedy, but there quite a bit if humor along with really good stories. HBO's series True Blood is based on the series, but, of course, the books really are much better. Good Luck...

1. Dead Until Dark (2001)
2. Living Dead in Dallas (2002)
3. Club Dead (2003)
4. Dead to the World (2004)
5. Dead as a Doornail (2005)
6. Definitely Dead (2006)
7. All Together Dead (2007)
8. From Dead to Worse (2008)
9. Dead and Gone (2009)

Anne

Frequent Contributor
jayhjay
0 Kudos

I know you posted this a while back, but check out Katie Macalister.  She has a whole vampire series (among others) and her tone is very humorous, even though the books are very romantic. I love her stuff. She writes in first person which takes some getting used to, but I really like her.  Her dragon series is also good, although my favorites are her stand alones Men in Kilts and Corset Diaries. 

Frequent Contributor
writingirl_15
0 Kudos

The Jane Jamison series by Molly Harper was HILARIOUS

New User
ladyfran
0 Kudos

Beardsley's " Broken Heart Ok" series is fun. I've read all six(I think six) and hope a new one comes out soon. Hope this helps.

Ladyfran

Contributor
mvwolpert
0 Kudos

I just got the series by Mrs Sands and looking forward to it. I got it because I got done reading the series by Kerrelyn Sparks. I loved her books. They made me laugh out loud a lot and it is a nice long series, she is still working on it.

Here is the first one.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/How-to-Marry-a-Millionaire-Vampire/Kerrelyn-Sparks/e/9780061863103/...

Inspired Correspondent
kmgevans
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I absolutely LOVE Lyndsay Sands. I own every one of her Argeneau/Rogue Hunter books.

Beneath a Blood Red Moon

Dead by Dusk

When Darkness Falls

Deep Midnight 

It's been a long time since I've read these books, almost 10 years since I read the first one, but I thought they were fantastic. Not really a series, but they go hand in hand. Some characters are in all of the stories and such. I can't exactly remember if there was a good dose of humor in them or not, but I do remember that I loved these books to death. When Darkness Falls was my first Romance novel ever and obviously my first Vampire Romance, they set the bar high. 

Katie
"Death is hereditary. Make sure you enjoy each day before it catches you." Tara Daniels
New User
junkgirl1984
0 Kudos

The Nina Bangs series Mackenzie Vampires was pretty funny.

New User
Cruftslover
0 Kudos

I can recommend this book, it is not a series yet but it is very funny. I'ts a bit different from some other vampire stories you might have read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Language-in-the-blood-ebook/dp/B00EMEN1P6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376766415&...

About the book:

Until the outbreak of the First World War, young Cameron Blair would have liked nothing better than to stay in Edinburgh and marry his childhood sweetheart. As the call to arms goes out, Cameron and his pals sign up to fight for their country. They are soon delivered into the nightmare of war, and there Cameron more than meets his maker.

The story follows Cameron as he comes to terms with his new ‘life’, from his first days as a hapless vampire in war-torn France to the glamorous modern day setting of the Côte d’Azur. Along the way, he develops a distinctive taste for the finer things in life: jewels, yachts, small dogs and champagne-infused human...

Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

You might also want to try the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins.  Don't expect TOO much from it (it's aimed at teens/tweens), but I got a kick out of her cynical sarcasm. 

Spoiler Alert!  For me, the best part was the first chapter of the first book.  I found it, and the heroine's commentary about what she had just done, hilarious.  Everything after that was me hoping (in vain) that Hawkins would match that first scene.    

Jeff