New User
NataliaBanderas
0 Kudos

Recommendations for a Sophie Kinsella lover

Hello there,

I hope I'm here at the right address :smileyhappy:

Last spring I've enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's books (including those published as Madeleine Wickham). That's the exact type of books that can shift your mood in an instant! Funny, witty with a romantic touch. Now I'm looking for other books that fit this category. Any recommendations?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Recommendations for a Sophie Kinsella lover

NataliaBanderas wrote:

Hello there,

I hope I'm here at the right address :smileyhappy:

Last spring I've enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's books (including those published as Madeleine Wickham). That's the exact type of books that can shift your mood in an instant! Funny, witty with a romantic touch. Now I'm looking for other books that fit this category. Any recommendations?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

My daughter and I both enjoy Sophie's books, but my daughter only reads the Shopaholics and I only read her NON Shopaholic books. Here are some authors you might enjoy, in no particular order:
Jane Green
Melissa Nathan
Kristan Higgins
Cathie Linz
Victoria Dahl
Julie James
Diana Holquist
Megan Crane
Marian Keyes
Dierdre Martin
Heidi Betts
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Lani Diane Rich
Jennifer Crusie
Nora Roberts
Lisa Kleypas (she writes both contemporary and historical romance)

New User
NataliaBanderas
0 Kudos

Hi Becke,

thanks a lot for the names! I've just ordered a bunch of books from some of the authors you've mentioned. I didn't know there are so many funny romance novels out there! I think I'm well equipped for spring & summer! Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Happy reading!

PS: I love each single of Sophie's books. Although I've discovered her NON shopaholic books first, I must say my favorite character is Becky Bloomwood... you might give the shopping addict a chance! She's hilarious! :smileyhappy:

becke_davis
0 Kudos

My daughter is working on me. I'm sure I'll read them before long.

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

I'm so glad you asked this question. I'm a big fan of Sopia Kinsella's also. I read "Twenties girl" and all the ladies in my book club ended up passing it around & really enjoyed it. Her writing is a good break between other books. I love when books make me laugh out loud.

cork_dork_mom
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

I'm late to the party here, but I love this topic and love these kinds of books. You might also try Candace Bushnell, Jennifer Weiner, and Anna Maxted.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I LOVE Jennifer Weiner!

Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos

becke_davis wrote:

I LOVE Jennifer Weiner!

Me too!

New User
bookfunkid
0 Kudos

Hi, I love Sophie Kinsella as well, I just saw your post and though it's been a while decided to write anyway. In my blog I put up a few of her books that I'd either read or hope to. I agree with you, her books are nice to destress. One of my favourites so far is titled "Can you keep a secret". You can read what I wrote about it here http://bookfunkid.blogspot.com/2012/08/can-you-keep-secret-by-sophie-kinsella.html
www.bookfunkid.blogspot.com
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've been reading a lot of Jill Mansell's books lately. If you like Sophie Kinsella, I'd definitely recommend Jill Mansell - and Marian Keyes, too.