Inspired Contributor
greengirl09
0 Kudos

Recommended Paranormal Romance Reads?

I'm an avid reader, and I've been looking around for a new exciting paranormal romance to read. Since lots of you are experts in this area, I was wondering if you might have some suggestions? Thanks. :smileyhappy:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I have taken the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference."
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
- Alana 3/18/11
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Re: Recommended Paranormal Romance Reads?

greengirl09 wrote:

I'm an avid reader, and I've been looking around for a new exciting paranormal romance to read. Since lots of you are experts in this area, I was wondering if you might have some suggestions? Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy #1)  

Second Sight (Arcane Society Series #1)  

Deadly Harvest  

After Midnight  amanda

These are a few, if you've read these or need more ideas ..give a shout out :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Here are a few more series you might like and I am just posting the first book.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1)

First Drop of Crimson

Tempting Danger (Lupi Series #1)

Bound by Light

Desire Untamed (Feral Warriors Series #1)  Hope these help you.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Melanie_Murray
0 Kudos
dhaupt
0 Kudos
becke_davis
0 Kudos

All these plus paranormals by Kresley Cole, J.R. Ward, Nalini Singh, Erin Kellison, Jessa Slade, Kristina Douglas, Kathryn Smith, Teresa Medeiros, Susan Krinard, Charlaine Harris, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn...the list goes on and on! 

Inspired Contributor
greengirl09
0 Kudos

Wow, thanks everyone! :smileyhappy: I'd better get busy reading then!!! :smileyvery-happy:

- Alana

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I have taken the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference."
"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost
- Alana 3/18/11
New User
LBDarling
0 Kudos

Nothing like promoting my own book, huh?  BUT...you might like

The Heart of War    It currently has a 4.7 Star rating with Good Reads Readers, was rated 4.5 Stars by Book Savvy Babe and Give a full 5 Stars (with Alpha Howl) by Bitten by Paranormal Romance.  Here are some snipets from the reviews:

From Excellent Read!

Mythology lovers will eat this book up. The romance between Aries and Maggie (Alena) Macleod ½ Fey and ½ Goddess is brilliantly written with lots of emotional trials between them both. The sex scene between them is very HOT as well and will leave you in an awed and unbelieving WTF state.

Some may find this read a little shocking because there are several scenes of possessiveness and brutal rape with torture, but I can promise that the revenge is kick-ass sweet that will make you want to say out loud “F#@kin A” or “Take that you A-hole” and then smile.

Excellent and Fantastic read. It was 500 pages long but every page only draws you further into the story and captures your emotions and interests immediately. I totally loved it!

I look forward to reading the next installment “Child of War” in this new series .--Ronda, Bitten by Paranormal Romance

Wow, there is so much to this book, so much to share.  The main characters in this book are a half-human, half-fay woman named Magdalena (also called Maggie or Alena).  Alena has been on the run almost her entire life, hiding from her would-be husband Cernunnos, an ancient Celt God who wants to use Magdalena for nefarious purposes.  The other main character to this captivating novel is my favorite, Ares, ancient Greek God of War.  Ares has been exiled from Olympus to an island somewhere near Greece.  One day, Ares finds Magdalena washed up on shore and is instantly curious and captivated by this strange woman.  As the story develops, Magdalena’s past is slowly uncovered, and it is violent and dangerous.  As Ares learns more about Magdalena, he also becomes softened to her.  There is a compelling heat between them, and they find themselves falling for each other. 

This story is full of mythology, I loved it.  The Gods of Olympus are engaging, the back stories told are all developed.  The eroticism is heavy, and quite intriguing.  This book is so much more than a simple love story or erotica or fantasy novel, there are sub-plots and back stories.  The story is told from several viewpoints, from Magdalena, Ares, Cernunnos, even Eros has a viewpoint in there.  All of this is done is a way that the story is only enhanced.  It is so wonderfully developed, when I finished reading, I was quite satisfied.  The entire story was told.  I will admit, at times I was frustrated with Magdalena, she was constantly questioning and doubting Ares.  Ares, despite being the God of War, was quite ironically the underdog for much of the story.  He was hated by most everyone, except for his mother and a few of his women.  --Heather, Book Savvy Babe

So, there is a chance you'll like this novel :smileyhappy:

Lisa

Reader
horton1027
0 Kudos

J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood

Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed

Gena Showalter's Lords Of The Underworld

These are a few that I am currently reading and are VERY good!! Hope u enjoy!