Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
maxine196404
0 Kudos

Re: Romances You Would to See Made Into a Movie

Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts

One of my all time favorite Nora Roberts books...But I have to specify, with no offense to anyone, not one of those cheesy Lifetime movies.

Author
DebMarlowe
0 Kudos

Oooh, I agree, I'd love to see Outlander, or any of Heyer's books! Also on the historical front--how about Loretta Chase's Lord of Scoundrels? I'd like to see Jessica and Dain on the big screen!
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

dcbuffy wrote:
I would love to see Outlander by Diana Gabaldon made into a movie! Although I can't imagine who they would find to play Jamie!

That would be a good one!
New User
ADwyer1
0 Kudos

Paradise by Judith McNaught, I even tried to find the producer's (of The Notebook) address so I could send him a copy of Paradise.  The Notebook was sooooo good and Paradise would be as good I bet in film.
Contributor
texascutiehb
0 Kudos

i would love to see Laurell K. Hamilton  Anita blake series come to the big screen it would do awsome its printed in like 6 languages around the world and i know tons of people that would jump at the chance to see it on the big screen
Heather
"Lose yourself in a new book"
slb
Frequent Contributor
slb
0 Kudos

I agree I would love to see Anita Blake on the big screen. It is action packed but still the story is all about the relationships.

Hmmm!

"Books may well be the only true magic!"
slb
Frequent Contributor
slb
0 Kudos

Oh, I have been waiting for years for a movie on the Stephanie Plum series. I think Sandra Bullock would do great as Stephanie. I don't know who they would put in as Ranger and Morelli but I absolutely love Janets books. They are hilarious.

Hope someday!

"Books may well be the only true magic!"
New User
alavaz
0 Kudos

Anything by Judith Mcnaught - Whitney, My Love, Paradise (for sure), Perfect, Every Breath I Take.  Those would all make awesome movies.  And the people who made The Notebook would do those books justice.  Guaranteed. 

I remember that they made Julie Garwood's "For the Roses" into a tv movie - Rose Hill.  It did not even come close. Julie Garwood's Buchanan Family would also make a great series.  Julia Quinn's Bridgeton family would also be awesome.  I would love to see Nora Robert's Blood Brothers Trilogy on screen as well.  And Heather Graham's books as well.

For the most part, most tv movies cannot do justice to the story.  They do not have enough time to be able to make it happen.  But movies in theatres are a different kettle of fish, as we saw in the Notebook.  Although, in all honesty, movies made based on books are never as good as the book.  The book is always better.  90% of the time. 

Frequent Contributor
bookbug
0 Kudos

The Argeneau series by lynsay sands

Bookbug

The more you read, the smarter you are!!!!!